PDA

View Full Version : Patcher - Connection issues

katarnus
16-01-07, 19:56
hi :D dono wether this is the right place to post this or not but couldn't find a forum about tech issues.

Anyways i downloaded the Neocron game the other day and the patch as well did everything i was told to do to install the game and patch. When i load the NeocronLauncher i can't seem to play the game at all, or through the client....On the client it says i have the wrong version and when i click play Neocron in the Launcher the AutoUpdater comes up but nothing happens... read the connection issues FAQ before anyone asks and checked the updater.ini file and nothing....took firewall off as well, nothing.

So i can't play the game at all :(( is there anyone who has had a problem like this and maybe could help me at all? Thanks alot in advance

-katarnus-

katarnus
17-01-07, 19:52
Just wondering 24 hours on if anyone has had this problem bevfore or not? or am i doing something wrong as i'm getting no replies :S can anyone gimme a shout? :D

StevenJ
17-01-07, 20:12
On the launcher, just below where it says "WELCOME TO NEOCRON2" it should say something like

Your client version: 157
Server version: 157

What does it say there on your launcher?

Conduit
17-01-07, 20:14
Wow 24 hours and nobody answers... :wtf:

If you need patches try manually downloading them from here (ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/), the FTP site, and see how you get on.
Good luck!

/edit
except stevenJ :p

StevenJ
17-01-07, 20:18
Wow 24 hours and nobody answers... :wtf:

Just what I thought :(

katarnus
17-01-07, 20:32
lol thanks for the fast replies :D it says 149 - i downloaded the latest patch already and it unzipped to the right folder....but there shuld be a patcher somewhere right? when i click Play Neocron the AutoUpdater just says connecting to server...doesnt change.

StevenJ
17-01-07, 20:38
All I can suggest is using the link that Conduit sent you, download patches 150 to 157 to your nc patches folder - typically c:\program files\neocron2\patches

Then run the launcher again, and see what happens, let us know what the program did.

It sounds like you're having probs connecting to the patch server to even start this though... Hopefully this may be enough to give it a kick in the right direction...

If still no luck, there is no tech support forum - all tech support is generally done by email. Check this link for various email addresses and suchlike.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129909

silent000
17-01-07, 20:44
Stevenj posting multiple times in the same thread? I hope thats not to beat my post count dr steve!

/me does a backflip again

katarnus
17-01-07, 21:01
right thanks guys i'll try that then, it's gona take 20 mins at least for em to download i've been waiting to play since fri :( had to download the game which took 14 hous then had these problems lol hope it works will report back in bout 30 mins thansk again for the quick replies :P

katarnus
17-01-07, 22:02
:( Nope nothing still doesnt work...but i found out that thee wa only patches 147, 148, 149 in the folder anyways...thats the upgrade to 2.1 or something.
StevenJ i contacted Tech already they said to check the update.ini file but i've gone through everything else i can think of and thats on the FAQ, i suppose ill mail em again (takes a while for replies) o well if anyone can think of anything else that would be great...like how do you usually patch? through the autoupdater?

unreal
18-01-07, 01:45
Which firewall did you disable? Software or Hardware (ie, your routers built-in firewall, if it has one)? (or both?) Could be one or the other being overly picky. Either that or the server was temporarily down, or you're just not able to connect to it as mentioned, maybe some DNS troubles.

katarnus
18-01-07, 19:34
well i didn't take the router firewall off i took my personal on off....think ill hav to try that then...just bought the game from the shop anyways to see if that will work lol (maybe problem with the install?! unlikley tho) !!

Ooo

tarasm
19-01-07, 01:30
I had that problem...All you got to do is disable everything.Then turn one by one to see what is the problem.Cause most likely it is getting blocked connection and cant connect

Also do you have norton??Thats a must Turn off during neocron.First off it raises your ping second it fucks your connection to the game.