PDA

View Full Version : Reactivate All Old Accounts (NC1 and NC2) For 1 Month

HopesDespair
16-01-07, 03:56
Here's a thought, although I am not sure if it has been brought up before.

Reactivate all accounts, both Neocron 1 and Neocron 2 (if they are NC1 give them the upgrade for free at the moment), for one month free. Then, do a mass e-mail to all those accounts, saying something along the lines of:

Attention Runner,

Massive war has erupted and your faction council has called for all reserves to be called into the field. You are being put on active duty for one month, starting today. So get your gear out of your locker (The Neocron Download page will be put here) and get back out there and fight for your faction!

This will do a great number of things.

1) Remind people of what they love

Regardless of the bugs, many people loved and still love Neocron, a good number of people will want to resubscribe once they feel the joy again, but they won't resubscribe now because they don't remember what they miss.

2) Increases players (even temperarily)

For a moment of time there will be lots more players, which will make people more interested in the game. Causing more to resubscribe, thus leading to a bigger player base again.

3) Show good faith

It'll show that KK still cares about Neocron, and that they are doing something to try to make things better.

Please, 5 star this thread, and draw attention and your approval for the moderators to see!

Thank you!

Jodo
16-01-07, 04:23
Yeah, it's been mentioned a couple of times before. It wouldn;t be worth doing until 2.2 is released, that way the old players would be less likely to get annoyed at all the problems that caused them to leave in the first place.

Of course, KK will be expecting a number of people to be paying for reactivation once 2.2 is released anyway so they'd essentially be throwing away some (I would imagine, much needed) money. Good faith doesn't pay for the bills and server upgrades unfortuantely.

Perhaps if they made this offer a few months after 2.2's release to encourage any who didn't bother to reactivate. Also, there was some mention of an improved payment method a while back involving some bank or another (Royal Bank of Scotland? I can't quite remember) so once that was set up would probably be the best time to hand out a few free subscriptions as C2P is a major pain in the arse to most people and a good few have walked away from NC because of it.

It's worth mentioning that KK have made the offer of free subscription time as a prize for the H.U.D. competition so they are aware of the lure at least.

vices
16-01-07, 08:45
A LOT of people would resubscribe, but can't due to problems with C2P

Rogue Arson
16-01-07, 09:06
there are alot o' ppl sittin' on the fence, readin' the forums to keep tabs on the game and looking for reasons to resub. Server pops are one of the main things stoppin' at least 10 ppl I can think of off the top o' my head. I don't know if a month of free play would push them into subscribing... it's risky. Sure, it'll remind them of the unique feel of playin' NC2 again, but then it might remind them of sync issues and fre's. Who knows though, maybe a taste of neocrack may be enough to kick start the addiction in a bunch o' ppl again.

rob444
16-01-07, 12:30
I really hope 2.2 will get back a lot of people. And I really hope 2.2 introduce a new payment provider or else neocron will go down I'm afraid :/

Pantho
16-01-07, 12:32
I really hope 2.2 will get back a lot of people. And I really hope 2.2 introduce a new payment provider or else neocron will go down I'm afraid :/

I think the time is near

"was"... Think pass tense

silent000
16-01-07, 14:07
A LOT of people would resubscribe, but can't due to problems with C2P

Thats my problem i would re-activate now if i could :(

Zerion
16-01-07, 17:08
Honestly, I don't expect NC2.2 until late this summer (August'ish), so I would think this would be a good idea. Hell, maybe we could get the servers over 20% population....

HOG
16-01-07, 18:16
yeah 2.2 really will need some new payment options.

paypal ftw =)

|R@zor|
16-01-07, 19:41
It will most likely be WorldPay coming back, since it's the Royal Bank Of Scotland that own WorldPay.

rob444
16-01-07, 20:01
It will most likely be WorldPay coming back, since it's the Royal Bank Of Scotland that own WorldPay.

Worldpay is great!

Nullvoid
17-01-07, 01:49
c2p is the only thing that has stopped me playing and more importantly paying. I wonder how badly kk has been out of pocket by being chained into using that as their payment provider.

Apocalypsox
17-01-07, 02:01
They should do this when they release 2.2 with the new payment system. It would bring alot of people back and hopefully revive a dieing game. It also has a good RP point of view behind it too.

NAPPER
17-01-07, 04:20
Honestly, I don't expect NC2.2 until late this summer (August'ish), so I would think this would be a good idea. Hell, maybe we could get the servers over 20% population....

They should do this when they release 2.2 with the new payment system. It would bring alot of people back and hopefully revive a dieing game. It also has a good RP point of view behind it too.

If Zerion is right I think people will have found new games to play so the release of 2.2 will bring some people back but if 2.2 doesn’t come till another 7 months I think people will be 2 busy playing new games to come back to play this one that’s why KK needs to make something happen NOW.

Nick

Doc Holliday
17-01-07, 08:42
If Zerion is right I think people will have found new games to play so the release of 2.2 will bring some people back but if 2.2 doesn’t come till another 7 months I think people will be 2 busy playing new games to come back to play this one that’s why KK needs to make something happen NOW.

Nick

Honestly nick i think things will shape up with 2.2 simply given the fact of how different this game has the potential to be compared to so many other point and click rpgs. think of the reason everyone got involved in it in the first place. now if it becomes more balanced more fun more immersive and ultimately more accessible to old retired players (see the payment issues) then i think people who want that niche game that neocron sits in will be back for another blast. it does need alot of after re-balance support but i think that also will come from the gms in forms of rp events etc once they are free to do it again.

Apocalypsox
17-01-07, 08:44

Nick

Roger wannabe....bah.

Anyways your right. And if neocron doesnt hurry the fuck up, Twilight War is gonna be released. If twilight war is released, and that will hold the post-apoc markets attention for a good bit. (Yes its still in development and is scheduled to be released in the next couple months for those of you who havnt watched.)

so KK, HURRY TEH FOOK UP.

InformatikPower
17-01-07, 09:56
Hello ;)

i´m here again and i have reactivated my NC Acc.
I always read about ppl who reaktivate to see something new, but there is non - so they leave.

This is very sad - so please, hurry up a little :angel:

PS.: I hope you understood my english ;)

NAPPER
18-01-07, 10:02
or to help people get back or new people to start you could always reward the players with like a buddy starter like for e.g.

if you get one person to join the game for a month you get 5 unressed tech parts given to you and if you get him to join for 3months you get 10 and so on and things like that ???

Nick

suler
18-01-07, 12:14

The new payment system is more important to me then a month for free. So hopefully that comes through.

SnowCrash
18-01-07, 12:47
It is planned to reactivate all inactive accounts for free for one month with the release of Neocron Evolution 2.2.

Pantho
18-01-07, 13:09
It is planned to reactivate all inactive accounts for free for one month with the release of Neocron Evolution 2.2.

So the 5 remaining users can play for free :)

Faid
18-01-07, 17:32
How about giving all active accounts a month for free to reward all the loyal people who have stuck it out through these last couple miserable months. KK never seem to appreciate the people that continue to pay. Yet seem to reward those that quit on the game by giving them a free month of play.

Jodo
18-01-07, 18:15
How about giving all active accounts a month for free to reward all the loyal people who have stuck it out through these last couple miserable months. KK never seem to appreciate the people that continue to pay. Yet seem to reward those that quit on the game by giving them a free month of play.

If everything goes according to plan, our reward will be a greater population on all servers. Not bad really, just about everyone has bitched about the low population so the increased numbers from reactivating all those accounts should generate a lot of PvP. ;)

InformatikPower
18-01-07, 18:56
I do think the same: The free reactivation could generate more ppl.
Its a good Idea!

rob444
18-01-07, 19:05

lol :lol:. Nah I think it'll be pretty many.

Looking forward to that e-mail snowcrash!

Bozz-Von Mel
19-01-07, 01:49

or 5 users with 10 accounts. One account has never been enough... ;)