PDA

View Full Version : Change Psi related skills to Nano Related skills (NME)

yanbybkipbbpbbp
15-01-07, 21:32
How can you at the same time say No More Elves and yet have shit like soul clusters, psi pool..... Just change Soul Clusters and related to Nano Clusters, and instead of Psi pool, Nano pool....... just change the story a little, like: Before the war there were research done on circulating nano bots that as a collective were able to get commands from the brain, or something of the sort.... and since they are circulating through the whole body, and are in blood, you can pass them down to your kids... blah blah blah, during the war they forgot how to utilize them but they can still use them since it has become a symbiotic relationship between the host and the nanobots......... and now we have Nano Monks.....

This would make allot more sense than you saying "No More Elves, this is a Sci Fi game" and then 2 seconds later have soul clusters flying around with mana pool, and all kinds of fantasy related bs....

Regards,
-yanbybkipbbpbbp

Speedball
15-01-07, 22:17
Lol that no more elves thing makes me laugh, cuz you say No More Elves but Psimonks are as g*y as elves :p

I agree with you dude

silent000
15-01-07, 22:27
I hate monks more than any1 imo :( There is nothing good about em

Speedball
15-01-07, 22:28
I hate monks more than any1 imo :( There is nothing good about em
hey hey, I'M the monk hater here...

unreal
15-01-07, 22:41
Just a waste of time in my opinion, even with the word 'nano' being used they'll still be monks. All that needs to be done is make monks require a considerable (or should I say, more extreme) amount more psi boosters to feed their godlike damage. They should have at least one drawback (I don't consider the addition of a reticle being a drawback as it should have been there all along), and it makes sense for them to use as much, if not more 'ammo' as the other classes do.

Apocalypsox
15-01-07, 22:50
You cant call it nano now. Spies are getting nano skills. Not monks.

Heavyporker
15-01-07, 22:51
Apparently no one has read Philip K Dick....

Or, hell, even bothered to fan some air into their earholes to get the cobwebs in their heads fluttering.

mccaff
15-01-07, 23:51
The cyberpunk genre has had psionic powers on multiple occasions.

It's the imbalance thats the problem, not the name.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
15-01-07, 23:52
This is not a thread about bashing monks or balancing them, it's just about concept, we should change the word psi to advanced nano tech, or nano bot, or something more realistic rather than magical.

Kame
16-01-07, 00:05
The concept of this now-defunct game relies on SHADOWRUN's concept, in wich there is "shamans" wich do "magic".

Everything in NC is copy/pasted from that game.

unreal
16-01-07, 00:15
Not forgetting The Matrix... :rolleyes:

Morpheus... Mr Jones
The Construct... The Neoconstruct

yanbybkipbbpbbp
16-01-07, 00:38
Look, I know this game is a rip off of everything else, I know the graphics suck, i know that there are more bugs in this game than in africa, and I know that the coders for this game are so stupid that they can't even fix the oldest of bugs. But changing the names of these things will not take that much work or skill, and even these idiots can pull it off, that's all I'm saying.

nm, they should just get rid of the NME image since it's misleading...

mccaff
16-01-07, 00:38
The concept of this now-defunct game relies on SHADOWRUN's concept, in wich there is "shamans" wich do "magic".

As I said, psionics have been in use in the cyberpunk genre multiple times, not just once.

B. P. Wiesner and Robert H. Thouless first proposed the term "psi" in 1942 as a more general term to include both extrasensory perception and psychokinesis. The original terminology proposal divided psi into psi-gamma, for cases of perception, and psi-kappa, for cases of action. These terms were later modified into "passive psi" and "active psi". Later, John W. Campbell proposed the term "psionics", from psi (psyche) + electronics (machine), which implied that the powers of the mind could be made to work reliably. This is based on radionics field of science. The u.k.a.c.o group was the first one who developed the idea of psionics but was turned down by the government due of lack in scientific approach. Psionics was also called "a quasi-electronics device". Psionics in terms of "the game" and "paranormal" was developed and spread on the internet by supporters of fictional psionics.

But changing the names of these things will not take that much work or skill, and even these idiots can pull it off, that's all I'm saying.

But what would be the point? Nothing would change except the name. It will have no effect on the game what-so-ever.

TicketInspector
16-01-07, 18:43
Another monk whine thread tbh. Everyone log in and type :
/set kill_self 1

Speedball
16-01-07, 18:55
Another monk whine thread tbh. Everyone log in and type :
/set kill_self 1

OLLOOL I LIEK TEH ILLEGAL CHEATIN!!!!111

suler
16-01-07, 21:50

Deus ex too. Shadowrun really is obviously a major influence though, some of the implants even have names straight out of shadowrun.

Kame
17-01-07, 01:18
Well i would say that shadowrun is the originator, and deus ex is more or less a by-product of its influence. But of course we can find "clin d'oeil" to many sci-fi "brandname". Think of the warbots/hoverbots (Terminator), Mr jones (Matrix) or the easter eggs that looked like Alien eggs.

It also reminds me a bit of Syndicate, an old PC game i used to like.

Doc Holliday
17-01-07, 08:45
Well i would say that shadowrun is the originator, and deus ex is more or less a by-product of its influence. But of course we can find "clin d'oeil" to many sci-fi "brandname". Think of the warbots/hoverbots (Terminator), Mr jones (Matrix) or the easter eggs that looked like Alien eggs.

OT but syndicate rocked. persuadertron for the win :)

suler
18-01-07, 12:21

True, but alot of things this game has is stuff Deus Ex did, that Shadowrun didn't. I'm not saying Shadowrun shouldn't get credit for being a main influence for Deus Ex too though. I think Shadowrun has a decent following in germany so it makes sense on both counts.

EDIT: Syndicate was awesome, so was X-com but that doesn't really count.