PDA

View Full Version : Idea For Getting More Players To Game

HopesDespair
11-01-07, 19:35
Set up Trial Account CD Keys, that people would be able to register on the site, without a credit card or going through Click2Pay, PayByCash, etcetra.

Package a 3 disk CD set or 1 DVD and send it to stores. Too much money for marketing? Send it to me, and other people that are in Neocron, to hand to their local Gamestop, EB Games, or whatever the case may be, to hand out for free to customers that come in. Include in it a Trial Account CD good for, lets say, 2 weeks.

Then, have a place on the site for people to go on and register a Trail Account, with no need for any payment information, just simply pick a username, pick a password, add your e-mail address, then type in your Trial Account Key.

That gives them 2 weeks, no hassle play. At the very least, this will add more players temperarily, so that when people do try the game, or come back, the game is more appealing.

At the end of the two weeks, they have the option of purchasing the game, with a 1 month subscription added on to it, and get to keep their current account.

I think this would help the game tremendously.

unreal
11-01-07, 19:56
All would be fine if the trial accounts that didn't immediately pay for a month would be deleted after a certain amount of inactivity. Otherwise all you're going to have is a spam of inactive account/forum account/character names on the servers that could be used by actual paying customers. It's pretty annoying to come to a service and find that the person using the name you want to use has been registered by someone who never uses it. This (http://www.xfire.com/profile/unreal/) being a quick example. Some kid registered it 3 years ago probably just to secure the name, then hasn't used it. :(

The removal of the credit card requirement from the account creation process would be a bonus to some people wanting to test out the game though. I know we've seen a few people (probably under 18) that have said they wanted to try the game out but didn't want to insert credit card details and whatnot until they wanted to subscribe.

The main thing at the moment is to make the current subscribers want to login often before even thinking of something like this. Otherwise those trial users will run around in a dead Neocron as it is now.

Pantho
11-01-07, 20:04
Not to mention the amount of untraceble accounts that could be created for the means of Exploiting.

[ edited ]

Trivaldi
11-01-07, 20:10
No discussion of exploits please.

Triv

vices
11-01-07, 20:16
Why not make it so that there's a completely free trial for 7 or 14 days or so, and after that period, the account is moved to a backup/archive and deleted from the retail server's database's. If the user wishes to buy the game and start subscribing, his account could be brought, assuming the username's weren't in use. That's the way I see this, and I think it might aswell work. If this feature we're to be marketed to even a little extent, I think there would be a torrent of new guys trying it out.

nobby
11-01-07, 20:28
No discussion of exploits please.

Triv

I hate it when GM's actually don't reply about the thread's topic in hand...

Trivaldi
11-01-07, 20:42
I hate it when GM's actually don't reply about the thread's topic in hand...
First of all I’m not a Game Master, I’m simply a Forum Moderator, secondly neither Moderators nor Game Masters have the kind of authority to actually comment on this type of thread. This is something for one of the ReaKKtor office staff to deal with.

I've passed on word to see if someone can provide an answer to this question/suggestion, just because I don't mention it doesn’t mean I’ve not passed on the message ;).

Back on topic, please.

Triv

Pantho
11-01-07, 20:54
First of all I’m not a Game Master, I’m simply a Forum Moderator, secondly neither Moderators nor Game Masters have the kind of authority to actually comment on this type of thread. This is something for one of the ReaKKtor office staff to deal with.

I've passed on word to see if someone can provide an answer to this question/suggestion, just because I don't mention it doesn’t mean I’ve not passed on the message ;).

Back on topic, please.

Triv

I was on topic...

all i said was,

Untracable accounts could provide idiots the ability to exploit/hack the fuck outa the game...

Apocalypsox
11-01-07, 22:15
Amen pantho.

Why not just make it not require a creddy card or payment of any kind for the first 7 days. Then if you dont reactivate the account within the next week, POOF.

That way people can try the game without having too provide immediate payment, and the system doesnt get clogged.

Same thing others have said =p

Pantho
11-01-07, 23:29
Amen pantho.

Why not just make it not require a creddy card or payment of any kind for the first 7 days. Then if you dont reactivate the account within the next week, POOF.

That way people can try the game without having too provide immediate payment, and the system doesnt get clogged.

Same thing others have said =p

Same system that WoW uses -

Not forced upgrade... Altho its a money matter... Im sure KK Have made alot of money from people forgetting to cancell accounts, or just getting lost in the time sync NC can be.

Im sure if i was running KK finance and marketing i would do the same.

RogerRamjet
12-01-07, 04:07
Has press ganging been tried yet?