PDA

View Full Version : Alert for UK Natwest Users & Click2Pay

Selendor
11-01-07, 12:35
I need to warn you all about a new problem with Click2Pay. I don't know if any other banks have done this, but in the last 2 months Natwest in the UK have changed how they see Click2Pay, classing it as a gambling service.

Consequently when Click2Pay took my 6 month subscription from my Natwest Credit Card in December it is no longer a seen as a purchase, but a cash advance!. This means I immediately started to accrue interest on the transaction, and come the end of the month I got charged extra interest. It wasn't immediately obvious what had caused this extra but having spoken to the bank on the phone they confirmed that Click2Pay was the problem. So I urge all UK customers who pay with their credit cards to check their accounts as soon as possible, or you will get a nasty shock!

Suffice to say there is no way I am going to pay Click2Pay any more money under these circumstances, so unless KK come up with a new paying option (that does not incur a new activation fee like Pay By Cash) then I must regrefully cancel my account. I've always paid my credit cards in full for my whole life and I do not like explaining to my bank that I am not a gambler on dodgy internet sites :mad:

Dribble Joy
11-01-07, 12:51
Technicaly you're not paying C2P anymore, you're giving NatWest more.

Anyway, CCs are bad, use a Debit card.

silent000
11-01-07, 13:21
Put as much as a 6 month subscription in your debit card and then you can be sure than C2P wont rip you off

Selendor
11-01-07, 14:05
I'm not saying that C2P are charging me extra, and its already a 6 month subscription. What I'm saying is that its no longer classed as a credit purchase, but a cash advance, so the bank will charge you interest immediately on it (normally for credit purchases you have a month / 50 days before you are charged any interest).

Brammers
11-01-07, 14:53
The general situation with Click2Pay is getting worse, in this case it's Natwest.

The new payment service needs to be online now not at the start of Evo2.2. Don't bother saving it for the 2.2 launch, turn it on now KK.

Serriously you would get more people playing NC2 if you turned on the new payment service today.

Dogface
11-01-07, 18:57
Exactly Brammers.

I always get a bad feeling when checking my bank statement because if C2P have done something very C2P like, then it's just too much of an effort to try and get the money back.

Tratos
11-01-07, 19:53
I agree, as a secondary plus it would allow more people to get on the test server too.

james_finn
11-01-07, 21:03
Agreed - luckily it looks like i changed from my natwest credit card to debit card for C2P at the right time.

Low blow tbh.

/Delphi

TWOK
12-01-07, 03:10
Seems something went wrong with my Natwest debit card payment. NC account expired, c2p account locked. The card's valid and funds are there...oh well.

jini
12-01-07, 08:08
Consequently when Click2Pay took my 6 month subscription from my Natwest Credit Card in December it is no longer a seen as a purchase, but a cash advance!. This means I immediately started to accrue interest on the transaction, and come the end of the month I got charged extra interest. It wasn't immediately obvious what had caused this extra but having spoken to the bank on the phone they confirmed that Click2Pay was the problem. So I urge all UK customers who pay with their credit cards to check their accounts as soon as possible, or you will get a nasty shock!

Suffice to say there is no way I am going to pay Click2Pay any more money under these circumstances, so unless KK come up with a new paying option (that does not incur a new activation fee like Pay By Cash) then I must regrefully cancel my account. I've always paid my credit cards in full for my whole life and I do not like explaining to my bank that I am not a gambler on dodgy internet sites :mad:

I dont understand what you saying here Selendor.
Did you meant, that you paid the normal interest rate to your bank for using a CC? or is it something else? No bank will ever charge you for extra interest in CC for ANY transaction, unless you dont pay them in cash fully in the end of the relevant payment period. Unless, there was some kind of fees for transferring cash between banks, which is also very strange.

As for the "gambler" thingy, nobody has ANY right to even IMPLY that you gamble or anything, as he breaks several laws. And you also dont need to explain obviously what you do with your cash to anybody. My guess is, that you have been interrogated by some overzealous, underpaid, paperpusher clerk that wanted to taste how it feels being a manager :lol:

Pantho
12-01-07, 09:08
Jini your wrong -

my HSBC CC

I get charge 3% on all CASH transactions...

Even if i had a Positive balance on my CC account....

3% ftl....

Gambling is classed as a Cash withdraw

jini
12-01-07, 09:37
Pantho describe in detail what exactly is it that you mean by saying "cash transactions"

As for the gambling nobody can claim you gamble unless you really do :p

Pantho
12-01-07, 11:17
Sorry, i mean -

Withdrawing cash from a ATM (Cash machine)
Gambling money

Any form of purchase that gets HARD Cash into your hands, instead of items, using a Credit Card!

Altho.. Go knows why they dont charge 3% on paypal... i could Paypal myself the money :D...

Selendor
12-01-07, 11:41
Yes Pantho's got it, its the classification of Click 2 Pay that has changed in the eyes of the bank, they now see it as a gambling company, hence any time they take money from my card its seen as an immediate Cash advance, and is subject to immediate bank interest charges (1.8%).

I didn't realise you could set up a debit card instead of a credit card but I'm not sure I will go down that route with Click 2 Pay. I would rather hope that in the next 5 months KK can announce a different pay option - and insist that there is not a setup fee for switching.

jini
12-01-07, 14:41
Then its nobody's fault but your bank's for assuming/accusing you of gambling!!! If I was you, I would sue them :)
This is like saying to your bankers, that since they bank, they also laundry cash from Colombia ;)

Anyway thanks for the notice, ill take a look as well and search a bit into the matter. Doesnt seems right for some lawyer assholes to accuse people for anything...

CMaster
12-01-07, 14:45
they also laundry cash from Colombia ;)

:lol:

Selendor
12-01-07, 20:30
Then its nobody's fault but your bank's for assuming/accusing you of gambling!!! If I was you, I would sue them :)

It seems to me that the bank is classing any Click 2 Pay transaction as a gambling cash advance because the majority of their clients seem to be online gambling sites. As I recall, a lot of American Neocron users have had similar problems signing up to Neocron because their banks class Click 2 Pay badly.

However, this is the first time I have read on here about anyone being charged for Neocron as a cash loan, hence why I have brought it to the attention of you all. Not knowing banking regulations in the UK, I am concerned that is a change that has been made with many other banks simultaneously, so could affect a lot of you.

jini
12-01-07, 20:47
It seems to me that the bank is classing any Click 2 Pay transaction as a gambling cash advance because the majority of their clients seem to be online gambling sites. As I recall, a lot of American Neocron users have had similar problems signing up to Neocron because their banks class Click 2 Pay badly.
Well this is like saying that every Afgan is an AL Queda member.

I can understand that they have reasons to try to protect themselves from money laundry mechanisms and the like, but if this transaction is being done through a CC, then they have a simple way to track it down. Visa, if its Visa that you use, should keep clear records of who is Reakktor and what kind of service they provide.

Pantho
12-01-07, 21:27
C2P Proved your CC no information of where your money is going,

Therefore, if the vast majority of C2P is gambling... im sure you could inderstand ur bank charging the cash vat

a4nic8er
12-01-07, 22:50
This is like saying to your bankers, that since they bank, they also laundry cash from Colombia ;)
Well, in actual fact they handle drug-money every day. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/464200.stm

More than 99% of the banknotes in circulation in London are tainted with cocaine

It's not just British notes either, some of it is international drug-money. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/06/26/wnote26.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/26/ixnewstop.html

Almost all euro bank notes have traces of cocaine

Maybe the narcotic-dispensing banker should be told to stick that up his big nose.

Faid
13-01-07, 04:22
When I used C2P with my CC my bank also classified it as a cash advance and smacked me with a rediculous % rate everytime I paid for my account. Yet another reason for me to not use them.

Dribble Joy
13-01-07, 06:35
Notes being tainted with coke is far from a new thing. In fact when testing people police often ask if people work in an environment where notes are exchanged such as banks or supermarkets, otherwise too many would be unjustly picked up on cocaine charges.
The night club near me has a detector at the entrance, but again if traces are picked up they have to check background first.

jini
13-01-07, 07:41
Anyway, lets not exaggerate here guys...
Everyone is publishing a "revolutionary" report these days. actually what this report says is, that some people, somewhere, sometime contaminated bank notes with cocaine lol, Big Deal.
If they look closer those bills, Im sure they will also be able to find races of cosmic/solar radiation :p

Toxen
17-01-07, 03:34
Time for a new payment method KK, i know its a grind to get everyone moved over but in the long run Its gonna be better alot of good people have left nc due to various c2p issues and have vowed not to return until somethings done about it so how about it for evo2.2 new game style, new payment system (something that fricken supports paypal without a mega surcharge would be nice) and a nice big marketing push to get a population back in

NAPPER
17-01-07, 04:05
Nat west are wank anyway I want into my overdraft and they charged me £40 for it even though I had not used it all up my overdraft limit is £300 I only went in it by £160 and they charged me this amount.

but yeah KK you need to hurry with the new payment method TBH!!!111

Nick

L0KI
17-01-07, 18:59
I alone to guarantee you at least 6 players back from pre-shit2pay.

Still talk to a load on MSN that would also most likely jump at the chance.

Face it - it makes too much sense to introduce the new payment system NOW. There's no logic in waiting for 2.2 to implement it - then again, logic isnt their strongest asset