PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this game

bladerunnerx
10-01-07, 23:37
I have a majure problem with the game when I take a vehicle out into the wastelands. The wastelands are set up into sections and when you go to another section it says sycronysing and the nyou load into the next zone. Taht works normal if I walk around the wastelands. But If I drive a vehicle I cannot get to the next zone. If I try to get to the next zone I will hit a black wall. If I run into the black wall sometimes it flings me up on top of the syybox or it will bounce me into anoter section of the wastelands. Like last night it flung me into another zone into a group of mutants and I died. I got a hold of a GM in game who was no help at all. Tech support is so slow to respond to me. It is taking them at least 3 days to talk to me. I know its not my pc.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHZ
2GB ram
SB audigy 2 soundcard
Radeon series AGP with 512 MB internal memory

I am very upset about this and the fact that tech support is so slow. I hope billing for this game will compensate me for this. That problem is effecting my enjoyment of the game. Not to mention I may permanelty loose a vehicle do to the problem. There is not excuse to have such a problem with a game that has been out 4 years. I even had a problem being able to post on this forum. I could not post in the tech support section yet I was able to post here so thats why this thread is in this section.

CMaster
10-01-07, 23:44
Play in DX7 mode. Incidentally, it almost certainly is something to do with your PC, because it doesn't effect everybody. That isn't to say that there is anything wrong with your PC, merely something in your setup doesn't quite get along with NC in D3D9 render path with regards to vehicles. Incidentally, more information about the graphics card would be helpful - "radeon series AGP" covers a vast range of very different cards.
You won't get any compensation.
You need to bind your forum and game account. But erm, theres a tech support section on the forums? I was unaware of one because "the forums are not an offical support route"

a4nic8er
11-01-07, 00:08
He cant change to DX7 mode. Was watching someone try to explain how to him for 30 minutes the other day. Said there is no option to use D3D7 in his launcher. The guy is either too stupid or his comp is completely weird.

bladerunnerx
11-01-07, 00:25
Again with the insulting me thing. There really is no option for me to change to direct x 7. It's not my comp that is totally weird its rather the instalation of my game which is weird. I ahd to download the game from file planet as for some reason the download fro mthe official site became corrupted. Unlss the one from fileplanet also has some weird issue with it which is possible. I do not appreciate somone saying I am stupid and I wil be reporting you for that.

Pantho
11-01-07, 00:29
old pc - Logged in 95% of the time .. perfectly

New PC

less than 15% login success rate

so powerful it is

CMaster
11-01-07, 00:47
See attachment for guide.
If you still can't find, well maybe you can't.
Only solution then is don't drive vehicles :(

mccaff
11-01-07, 00:58
Turning off v-sync also should stop the elastic band vech bug.

silent000
11-01-07, 01:00

So detailed CMaster ;)

Lifewaster
11-01-07, 02:13
Your PC can also encounter such problems with vehicles at certain zoneline spots, while not at others......so just because you sync out at this spot, doesnt mean you cannot drive to other places successfully, etc. With a vehicle lost like this, the only options usually is to wait a day or so untill it returns to the garage.

Best advice I can give you really for your situation is to create a tempory char with "Driver" profession and do the short MR. Jones missions. This will reward you with the Quad bike, which can never be lost, (as when it gets destroyed , you can still repair it at the garage), so you can use this to safely explore without the risk of losing a vehicle.

Heres a link to the quad mission guide which may help (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/profession-quests/driver.html)

bladerunnerx
11-01-07, 05:05
I do have the quad and the same thing happens. I looked for v sych cant find it anywere. And if i am stuck in azone i really an stuck there on all 4 sides. So i cannot go any where in any direction. I am stuck in that zone if i try to ram myself out of it i wil get eitehr stuck os thorown to another zone. Somone just id an experement with me.

I got into there rhino they treid to zone and had issues zoneing. That means that is a server wide problem not a cline tproblem. It is not my pc or the game being incompatable with my hardware. A gm sent me a email in game telling me it is a know bug and to just be patient till they makea patch for it. I told that gm if they want to allow me to play the game for free till they fix it then sure ill be patient. I then told him if that is not something that they are willing to do then refund the money that was billed to my credit card for the game and the month I paid for.

I chose driver cause I wanted to use vehicles i dont want to walk everywhere in the wastelands. I have other game bugs but those I can live with this bug I cannot live with.

nabbl
11-01-07, 13:28

guide fight #1

cmaster vs. nabbl

NABBL TAKES THE LEAD!

guide for bladerunner (http://upload.atf-hq.de/tutorialfornewbs.avi)
(right click -> save as)

CMaster
11-01-07, 13:57
guide fight #1

cmaster vs. nabbl

NABBL TAKES THE LEAD!

guide for bladerunner (http://upload.atf-hq.de/tutorialfornewbs.avi)
(right click -> save as)

Nicely done Nabbl, although seeming as he doesn't seem to have read mine I'm not sure what hope there is of him watching yours.

And it is a client problem. Because I don't get it. Most of the people I know don't get it, and switching to DX7 helps a lot of those who do. Is it particuarly acceptable for the game to have those kind of bugs? Not really? Do you have any hope of getting a refund? No. Stop playing if you like, or perhaps better is to try some of the vast amount of other things there are to do in game.

Also, still waiting for precisely what model of graphics card you have. Sadly though, this is a well known bug that the DX7 usage is the only known workaround for, no matter what your specific hardware is. Also, not much hope of a patch anytime soon. Despite being told after 2.1 "we'll never make you go months without a patch again" its now been over 6 months since the last patch and we have been told not to expect another until 2.2 release, which I am not honestly anticipiating until June/July.

mccaff
11-01-07, 20:20
I looked for v sych cant find it anywere.

The wonders of ATI's.

If you had an Nvidia card it would take 30 secs for me to explain how to turn it off, as it is best of luck to you ;)

CMaster
11-01-07, 20:36
The wonders of ATI's.

If you had an Nvidia card it would take 30 secs for me to explain how to turn it off, as it is best of luck to you ;)

This is Neocron. What he needs to do is turn vsynch ON. (How to is shown in Nabbl's video)

Sammson
11-01-07, 21:06
I have 2 machines, one with xp sp1 license, the other with xp sp2. The older one does this in dx9 mode, it will not allow a vehicle to zone. Works fine in dx7 mode.

The sp2 license has no such issues. Vehicles zone without any problem, either mode.

This was reported here by someone else, you'll either need to get new xp disk or slipstream your current license with sp2, create a new disk and re install xp from that.

In short, an xp issue, not machine or NC2 based.

james_finn
11-01-07, 21:07
or just use the online updater to install windows SP2 - iirc its around a 400MB file - no need to reinstall windows!

Sammson
11-01-07, 21:10
Nope it doesn't work that way, I have patch on the sp1 install, no difference. It has to be slipstreamed to prevent the faulty component from being installed, overwriting it with sp2 doesn't correct the problem.

james_finn
11-01-07, 21:13
you see thats interesting - something KK might be able to look into (or even a member of the community) to try to see what it is thats different between the two installs. And what doesnt get updated by the SP2 patch but does through the slipstream...

bladerunnerx
11-01-07, 23:48
This is Neocron. What he needs to do is turn vsynch ON. (How to is shown in Nabbl's video)

Actually my v synch was not turned on for some reason. I also seen confilicting stuff to do. Some tell me I need to turn v ssynch off and some say I need to turn it off. It was off I never used that feature as I dont go in my video card control panel that much. I only go in there to select betwwen different dual monitor modes and thats it. That vide was sort of helpful I have the same sort of software made by the same company but mine is set up a tittle bit different. AS for the exact model if i do a directxdiag it says my video card is a Radeon X1600 Series AGP.

As for the first thing mentioned in taht video I did do that. I nthe video where it showed the confiuration option in the neocron 2 launcher. The second option had a number something like ID3D7 my configuration utility does not have an option with a number like that except for my video cards drivers. If I could figure out how to make a video like the one shown I would show how my configuration utility gor NC2 looks. Fir me the second option is just called generic windows video driver. I found out that that has to be the direct x 7 mode and it was. That was not helpful when I did that I had a new problem after using direct x 7.

When I would go i nthe wastelands and it would get to night time I couldt not see the trees or ground do to it being way to dark. I tried turning the brightness up in game in my video card control panel and the brightness control on my computer screen. It was still to dark to see the ground. I also had this problem with parts of my character and vehicle being missing. The quads wheels would be missing yet i could still drive it around. The handelbars of the quad were missing my characters arms and torso were missing. My character was a head floating in thin air and a pair of legs. I have yet to try the game with the anti allaising turned up. I just though I would answer this first a bit before I go and test it out.

bladerunnerx
12-01-07, 00:05
I just thought of somtheing i may want to mention. I have noticed some odd things with my windows xp copy. Such as my automatic update is always on and it cant be shut off. If i could take a video of it I would show that too it is real weird. I called microsoft about that problem. $ hours o nthe phomne and then they wanted me to wait on hold agian for level 3 tech supoort. I already wasted 4 hours of that day trying to fix it I did not want to waste any more of my time that day and I have put it off and not called back.

It is frustrating to call microsoft and explain to then why they should give me free tech support and then go through all the tech support levels to try and fix my issue. When I spent 4 hours on the phone with no solution even in site microsoft realls should have sent me another windows xp disk in the mail. If it is my windows xp to blame I have one thing to say about it and it is this. How exactly it that my fault? If my windows xp is the problem then it is microsoft that is to blame not me. I know my windows xp is a bit weird but no other game I have has an issue with my wierd windows xp.

I do not want to buy another windows xp disk mine cost me 300 bucks. And it is lonly 4 months old. Yet wondows wont honour there warranty unless I jump therough the hoops they want me to jump through. Furthermore should tech support not be helping me in determining weither it is on my side or there side? neocron 2 tech support wont even contact me on a timely basis. Even when they do respond they dont give me any help to fix this problem. It takes them 3 days between responses and then they tell me standard stuff. Stuff like make sure background tasks are shut off, am I using a router or firewal and alot of other standard stuff. I actually wonder if a human being is even on the other end. It is almost like im getting a response generated by a computer.

So i think i have full right to be peaved at the makers of neocron. For the fact that they arent giving me the full service im paying for. tech support is a big part of that service and idont think they are properly providing that.

CMaster
12-01-07, 01:21
Yes, DX7 mode has some rendering bugs with male Private Eye models. Why it should be any darker however I don't know.
Lots of people say "turn vsych off because it gets you higher FPS". Ignoring the logical fallacy here in most cases (why have a higher FPS than your monitor can keep up with? Generally no reason, although some games (like Quake 3) you will see a benefit). However Neocron is observed to behave very oddly for some people with VSynch off. With it on, stability and zoning is generally improved. Its an oddity, but its the way it works.

Mr Kot
12-01-07, 01:50
I gave my wheeler car a spin last night for the first time in ages.

Took a passenger for a ride and synched through zone after zone after zone, thru enemy territory and monsters galore. Not a single problem. Even my passenger on vent was expecting to get stuck.. but he didn't. It works for me, so is it the game?

Go figure :confused:

bladerunnerx
13-01-07, 04:21
I really dont see how it's my Pc unless this is the same thing that happened with Planetside. With planetside they made a pacth taht made the game for some reason not compatable with my hardware even though I met or exceeded the recommoneded system specs. I have been envited to try out different betaversion mmo games and I run them just fine. That darkenss thing was very wierd but ohh well who cares I got the game to work. Now I zone in the wastelands with a vehicle no problem. I was driving all over the wastelands last night hunting different stuff for xp all over the world map with no problems. Funny other players were more helpful then tech support was. Tech support really didnt even contact me. But I got the game working so who cares.

Omnituens
13-01-07, 19:13
ahhh i remember the y-rep days in vehicles - if you got thrown out of the vehicle on zoning, you were pretty much guarenteed to land on a y-reps head at the reset point of that zone.

or in an APC and 3 passengers would desync and 1 would be in the zone were you were, one in the zone were you are, and one in their apartment. double the trouble if one of the people lost was the only driver in y-rep country.

fun.

zii
14-01-07, 12:19
Forgive my stupidity, (thank-you), but doe the latest versions of wxp come with DX7 or do these come with an later version pre-installed. If the former is the case then this would explain why the thread starter cannot use DX7. However, I could be writing complete twaddle.

CMaster
14-01-07, 13:04
Forgive my stupidity, (thank-you), but doe the latest versions of wxp come with DX7 or do these come with an later version pre-installed. If the former is the case then this would explain why the thread starter cannot use DX7. However, I could be writing complete twaddle.

You misunderstand how it works. Yes, Windows XP comes with DX9 installed. Even so, when you "upgrade" your DX installation, it overwrites previous versions instead. However there is generally speaking backward compatability - newer versions of Direct X will execute older commands faithfully. What you are doing when you select D3D7 over D3D9 is electing to use the Direct 3D 7 render path (ie code for making pretty pictures appear on screen) rather than the newer and more feature-utilizing D3D9 path). For the majoirty of Neocron players, D3D9 offers better framerates and a generally slightly better looking game, especially since 2.1 D3D9 however offers relfective surfaces, fixes some people's issues with vehicles and zoning and also makes PEs lose their torso if they are wearing a jacket.

Its more likley that the guy in question here couldn't find the D3D7 option because of how it was labled. although I suppose its not impossible that for whatever reason it isn'tsupported by his graphics card.

bladerunnerx
17-01-07, 04:19
I have a new development on this problem. I used the check file integrity options in the neocron 2 launcher window. It said there was a problem and downloaded a fix or something and guess what. Now I have 3 options in there when before there was only 2. Now it has D3D9 visiontech radion X1600XT, Generic Widnows Video Drivers and now it ahs this option D3D7 Primary display driver. Well that last option was not there before. That option did not appear until I used the check file integrity option. Which is real odd I reinstalled that game 3 times and all 3 times that direct x 7 option was not there. Then I do the check file integrity option and that option is now there. Which is really weird to say the least.