PDA

View Full Version : Allergic reaction

rob444
01-01-07, 16:27
Y'ello. Last night while I was drinking, my girlfriend told me I was really red in my face. So I went to the bathroom to check up on it and holy shit I was red in pretty much everywhere in the face. First I thought it was something I had touched and that I had then passed it on my face with my hands because my peewee was partially red too o_O . But it wasn't that because I cleaned my hands thoroughly with soap and the redness would only get worse and my fingers/hands wasn't red.

Anyway, we came to the conclusion it must have been the wine we were drinking, a white wine called Aussie Great White or something like that, a piss cheap disgusting 1 litre box of wine. The redness dissapeared when I stopped drinking it after a while and if I started drinking the wine again the redness would come back. I checked what sort of ingredients there was in it and there is nothing I am allergic to, like peach, apple etc. I have no idea what sulfit is though, maybe it's that?

I was sure I wasn't allergic to other things because I've never had any allergic reactions to anything except pollen.

Anyone got any clue on what in the wine could cause the allergic reaction? I've been drinking white wine for a very long time now and this has never happened before (first time I've tried this Aussie brand though), nevertheless, it scared the shit out of me..

Oh I better head for bed now, I'm feeling... weird.

Thanks.

Skusty
01-01-07, 19:01
Take a sample of the wine and go to the Doc?

vices
01-01-07, 19:05
My bet is on that it's the sulfite. Although there is sulfite in ciders and some other beverages also, dunno if you get a reaction from those. It is used to prevent oxidation in the wine. Just try not to drink wine next time :p </doctor>

Toxen
01-01-07, 19:09
Could be anything, might have been even what it was contained in during its fermentation. It tends to be far more common with cheap supermarket wines and as yourself said it was a cheap piss poor wine. If your really worried about it it would be worth holding onto a sample and going to see the doc, you could also phone up the company that produced the wine as tell them what happened ask if theres been any reports of anything similar.

rob444
01-01-07, 20:03
Thanks guys. I can't take a sample to the doc though, everything went down the stomach yesterday :P. I'll have to buy another one of those *shrugs*.

Hell-demon
01-01-07, 20:13
Hold on hold on...

ya manhood went red?

Didn't happen unless theres pics :rolleyes:

LiL T
01-01-07, 20:27
Happens to me sometimes when i drink too much to fast, normaly vodka does it, if you had took your shirt off I'd bet the top of your chest would have been red and blotchy. I'd not worry tbh, I know other people who have had this happen also.

vices
01-01-07, 20:39
Hold on hold on...

ya manhood went red?

Didn't happen unless theres pics :rolleyes:

Pics or it didn't happen. :D Thats how it goes, rite?

Jodo
01-01-07, 20:56
It could be that the vats, pipes etc that dispense the wine into bottles and boxes could have been used to dispense something else that you are allergic to.
Normally this isn't the case with wine but, if it's a cheap one then who knows what else might get produced there.

It's similar to people with nut allergies. Packets will say "May contain nuts". Not because that’s one of the ingredients but because nuts are an ingredient for something else that the company makes and can get into anything else in the factory.

Having a red face after drinks can happen, especially as you get older, but the other symptom is a worry. Definitely seek medical advice.

edit: No pics please.

LiL T
01-01-07, 20:57
Pics or it didn't happen. :D Thats how it goes, rite?

Nah its 'Proof or STFU'

Hell-demon
01-01-07, 21:05
Bring on the bloated penis!

blackpheonix
01-01-07, 21:31
It's similar to people with nut allergies. Packets will say "May contain nuts". Not because that’s one of the ingredients but because nuts are an ingredient for something else that the company makes and can get into anything else in the factory.

it always makes me laugh when u see the warning on a packet of peanuts

Jodo
01-01-07, 22:20

Yeah, or on a sign in front of a hospital. :D

Pantho
01-01-07, 23:25

Iwas laughing at a packet of peanuts saying that :) -

and a Walnut fruitcake, saying (My contain nutes)

rob444
01-01-07, 23:30
Hehe not my entire penis was red, just a small part :P. It was probably a bit red because I peed out small remains of whatever it was that gave me red skin.

Hell-demon
01-01-07, 23:35
Please more detail...

Need-the-mental-image...GAH!

O_o

imper1um
02-01-07, 01:12
Hehe not my entire penis was red, just a small part :P. It was probably a bit red because I peed out small remains of whatever it was that gave me red skin.
So if it was the small part, it was the entire thing? ;-)

rob444
02-01-07, 13:41
So if it was the small part, it was the entire thing? ;-)

Haha, damn you.

unreal
02-01-07, 13:47
Are you allergic to piss by any chance? Someone might have whizzed in the wine bottle. :p

Skusty
02-01-07, 14:40
Now I know what you do all day unreal. ;)

Jodo
02-01-07, 15:11
Now I know what you do all day unreal. ;)

Hahaha. Sat in the Asda storerooms "recorking" the cheaper wines cos nobody will notice the difference. :lol: Everone needs a hobby. :wtf:

Hell-demon
03-01-07, 12:07
This thread delivers :D

rob444
03-01-07, 12:11
Nooooo!

Moderator can close this one now and my penis isn't small :p

Skusty
03-01-07, 14:42
Rob is a coward to take a picture! :p Not that I'am interested in his private parts, I just like to mock him. ;)

rob444
03-01-07, 14:49
Rawr!

Hell-demon
03-01-07, 18:58
Go on Rob...

wow us :rolleyes:

rob444
03-01-07, 21:13
Go on Rob...

wow us http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/rolleyes.gif

ok.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/rob444.png (http://profile.xfire.com/rob444)
WoW PWNS j00!

Seriously though, I don't play WoW anymore.

edit: and moderator, close this thread, these people are mean to me :'(

Hell-demon
03-01-07, 21:14
I dare you to post ya wang :wtf:

nobby
03-01-07, 21:35
MMmm

Yum?

:p

silent000
03-01-07, 21:48

I double-dare you to post a SS of your wang IDSFT <<< yh pwnd O_o

rob444
03-01-07, 21:51

wtf :wtf:................................................................

ok.
http://www.poopsheetfoundation.com/covers/the-wang.jpg

Hell-demon
03-01-07, 22:04
:eek:

Thats what it looked like after drinking the wine?!

See a doctor quick!

:p