PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Baileys

blackpheonix
29-12-06, 03:22
is it for men or for women ?

just a debate me and teh gf are having but i dont care either way i like it and will drink it :p

Brammers
29-12-06, 03:36
I know plenty of blokes who drink it now and again, including me. :D

Pantho
29-12-06, 03:49
I know plenty of blokes who drink it now and again, including me. :D
And me,

And you vent fuckers can goto hell

ITS A MANS DRUINK!!!!

u was a typo, but felt left best in at this moment -

Irish Knight - Asda . £2.99 for 70cl -

Is amazing - So much flavour for a cheap drink... I have trouble telling the diff with that and Baileys.

Hoder
29-12-06, 03:52
I quite like the taste of it.

I'd drink it at xmas or the like if i was offered it... but i can't see myself ordering one in a pub somehow. I can understand the stigma attached to it.

What's the mint chocolate flavour like? I forget the other one... Never tried those.

Dogface
29-12-06, 03:59
Couple of last things. Don't drink and post, and don't drink Baileys - it's for girls.

N

The N has spoken.

By the way, that comment was originally directed at you pantho :lol:

Pantho
29-12-06, 04:18
The N has spoken.

By the way, that comment was originally directed at you pantho :lol:

I remember...

Ill have my wicked way :(b

Not tried the mint one, and i wouldnt order it at a bar, because 50ml aint enough -

Drink a litre of it at a time....

Hell, ill admit ive drank baileys in pint glasses

Bredahl
29-12-06, 04:21
Its for girls and feminine men tbh :D

Eventhough it CAN taste pretty good at occasions ;)

Dogface
29-12-06, 04:34
Sure it may taste good (which it doesn't), but it's still for girls.

Just because anal sex is good, does that mean you'd have it with a man?

I think not!

Doc Holliday
29-12-06, 05:39
it tastes nice with milk. thats all im gonna add on the matter.

(yes its still a girls drink though ;) )

Heavyporker
29-12-06, 06:03
What the hell is Bailey's?

Apocalypsox
29-12-06, 06:23
got 2 bottles up stairs.

jeesus will you guys stfu on this debate? Its farking alchohol, who cares if its for men or women :lol:

Bredahl
29-12-06, 06:26
What the hell is Bailey's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baileys_Irish_Cream

;)

Zerion
29-12-06, 07:35
It's alright if served in coffee, but it really is a womens drink straight.
Vodka ftw.

jini
29-12-06, 08:17
Alcohol is alcohol and has no sex written on it.
Baileys is a very strange drink that has a very nice indeed taste when you first taste it (its actually delicious), but leaves you with such a baaaad aftertaste that you wish (at least I) you have never tasted it. This is the reason I dont like it and not because some think that drinking Vodka or Whiskey makes them "Men"

Saying all that, indeed there is nothing better than a 12yr old Scotch Whiskey on the rocks and some peanuts (yummy), but then again I refuse to drink a lot anyway...

Nice drink on start, but that aftertaste ...yikes!!

By the way for those that think Baileys is girly drink, its based on whiskey with some cream...

Apocalypsox
29-12-06, 09:57
Whooraa. Ive got a roger fanboi on my side, what now bitches :lol:

Seriously. Alchohol is Alchohol any way you serve it. Get over it.

jini
29-12-06, 10:12
Whooraa. Ive got a roger fanboi on my side, what now bitches :lol:
Now what now? Its about time to make the 3rd Roger fanboy and wear the official redhat/avatar :p

Nidhogg
29-12-06, 14:16
Girls and ladyboys.

N

PepsiPlayer
29-12-06, 14:31
Anyone else noticed how Nid is a bit agressive on his stance towards it? Guilty concience maybe? Looks like we have a closet Bailey's drinker amongst us.

Its ok to come out Nid, we will still respect you as a person :D

Seriously tho, i dont mind the odd glass at xmas, but too much of it and the aftertaste sort of takes over an makes it taste hiddious.

Pantho
29-12-06, 14:45
Baileys is for all

Pantho' is a Womans drink

:wtf:

CMaster
29-12-06, 15:48
Its cream mixed with a mild toxin that has a depressant effect.
Drink it if you like, don't if you dislike it. If you know anybody who genuinely judges you based on what you drink (unless you subside wholly on the consumption of newborn baby blood or something) then well, find new people to drink with.

Alcohol doesn't discriminate based on gender. Why should you when consuming it?

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 15:51
I drink baileys sometimes.... 8|

may that put you off it

Kierz
29-12-06, 16:40
By the way for those that think Baileys is girly drink, its based on whiskey with some cream...and cream=girly =]

Dribble Joy
29-12-06, 16:45
Baileys is only ever drunk by teh DJ if he's forced to do a dirty pint.

jini
29-12-06, 17:03
and cream=girly =]
have you seen those ads with this extra cool guy drinking it?
Now check the lady(ies) that surround him :p
nuff said

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 17:26
They surround him coz it's a girls drink and they want some!

Faid
29-12-06, 17:32
*cough* girl drink *cough* Anythings better than nothing though :p

jini
29-12-06, 17:33
Either way HE wins in the end :p
So what's it gonna be?
a. Girly drink with lotsa gals waiting to get served or
b. Lots of beer with the accompanied belly :lol:

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 17:37
Baileys has fuck laods of calories too... :rolleyes:

I drink it but I feel guilty afterwards (not coz of calories) but because its not manly :(

Jodo
29-12-06, 18:02
I drink it every so often. There's nothing wrong with blokes drinking it. It's good when mixed with Kaluah too.

As for Niddy's comment, just because he has to buy them for lady boys to get them in the mood should not tarnish the drinks reputation. :D

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 18:04
:eek:

OOOOHHHHH THAT WAS COOOOLLLLDDD!

Pantho
29-12-06, 18:10
I drink it every so often. There's nothing wrong with blokes drinking it. It's good when mixed with Kaluah too.

As for Niddy's comment, just because he has to buy them for lady boys to get them in the mood should not tarnish the drinks reputation. :D

lolzy :D

Nidhogg
29-12-06, 18:18
I drink it every so often. There's nothing wrong with blokes drinking it.Keep a hip flask of it in your manbag do you?

N

Pantho
29-12-06, 18:20
Keep a hip flask of it in your manbag do you?

N

Why not.. I keep a Rubbber duck in mine :o

Jodo
29-12-06, 18:21
Keep a hip flask of it in your manbag do you?

N

Hahaha, me thinks I touched a nerve with my earlier comment. Really Mr Nidhogg, must you insist on displaying your knowledge and expertise about the shady world of cross gender. I prefer to avoid such things and would appreciate it if you ceased posting about this particular topic.

;)

Edit: A little voice in my head keeps shouting something about not poking the bear.????

Pantho
29-12-06, 18:24
bear.????

The what?

CMaster
29-12-06, 18:49
The what?
Not poking the bear could be considered akin to "letting sleeping dogs lie".
I believe that the intention is to insuate that Nidhogg is the bear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_community) in question.

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 18:52
Ladies, hand bags at dawn :p

jini
29-12-06, 18:54
Do IIII smell a baaaannnn :angel: 'looks the other way' 'whistles' 'kicks a rock'

Jodo
29-12-06, 19:02
Not poking the bear could be considered akin to "letting sleeping dogs lie".
I believe that the intention is to insuate that Nidhogg is the bear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_community) in question.

roflmao The bear link is entirely not what I was meaning as I've never heard the reference before. But it does make it damn funny. :lol:

Pantho
29-12-06, 19:22
To all my trouble, i couldnt find a Fluffy bear holding a Ban hammer :(

Hoder
29-12-06, 20:10
Ok, just to stir things up a little.. (no pun intended)

Does anyone here drink advocaat?

jini
29-12-06, 20:25
wot is advocaat? show us a linky

Edit: I just saw it in wiki.. Avocado Liquor... never tasted, but I usually hate liquors for the aftertaste they leave. Baileys leaves a fatty, sticky aftertaste which you cant wash even if you rinse your mouth with petrol :p

Vodka is a white and neutral spirit, more destined for cocktails, therefore if you dont drink something like wine, it's better to stick to that black label brand of choice old Scotch :) you know.. the ad with the android ...

Hell-demon
29-12-06, 20:28
oh yeah that stuff.

Like drinking custard O_o

Dogface
29-12-06, 20:30
Nothing less than alcoholic egg custard.

Never again.

Bredahl
29-12-06, 20:30
wot is advocaat? show us a linky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocaat

Sounds.. nasty o_O

jini
29-12-06, 20:33
Oh and before I forget a honorary mention to bear. But the usual Blond one not those mixtures you got in England called bears... you know these brown ones... I want plain old blond with 5cms of thick foam yummie...

Pantho
29-12-06, 21:43
Nid, that tis teh pile of shit -

Horrible drink -

Illusions from you local Co-op - a 40% sugar mixed artifical flavour crap -

quite nice tbh... Removed of shelves last year, because of the sugar making crystals -

With glass like properties... if left to stand-

"OWCH!"

mccaff
29-12-06, 22:05
Girls and ladyboys.

N

Can't stand Baileys.

Or Ladyboys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladyboy_%28Drinks%29) for that matter.

Pantho
29-12-06, 22:27
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gin_and_tonic

ewww

Gin + Orange ftw

CMaster
29-12-06, 22:37
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alcohol-related_topics ?

jini
29-12-06, 23:17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo
drink that accompanying some fish plate, lotsa sun by the beach :)

Pantho
29-12-06, 23:33
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo
drink that accompanying some fish plate, lotsa sun by the beach :)

Just finishes a bottle of that about 3 weeks ago, fresh from greece itself

blackpheonix
30-12-06, 00:03
Ok, just to stir things up a little.. (no pun intended)

Does anyone here drink advocaat?

tried it once i didnt like so my mother added some lemonade ("snowball") still didnt like it

Skusty
30-12-06, 00:49
Only idiots and nibs drink.

Pantho
30-12-06, 00:52
Only idiots and nibs drink.

At your service.

Currently drinking Vodka + Lucozade (orange, fizzy)

Faid
30-12-06, 02:25
I've been on a bit of a Gin and Tonic kick lately :angel:

Pantho
30-12-06, 04:38
I've been on a bit of a Gin and Tonic kick lately :angel:

Vents back... Nub -

He doesnt love us anymore *cries*

gstyle40
30-12-06, 05:10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gin_and_tonic

ewww

Gin + Orange ftw

i believe we call that "gin & juice" here n the states :D

jini
30-12-06, 09:10
tried it once i didnt like so my mother added some lemonade ("snowball") still didnt like it
The problem with ouzo and many other liquors like say baileys or a cherry liquor or whatever is that its only for very special occasions.
First of all you only mix ouzo with ice cubes and a bit of water. Something like 1/3 water. Some do prefer it pure with just ice, but I like it with water, as it takes this distinctive colouration. Goes with sun, heat and good company ;)

Dont mix with lemonade
Actually now that I think of it it might taste -but is not- like Absinthe does, or close to how Absinthe does

Nidhogg
30-12-06, 13:38
Nid, that tis teh pile of shit -

Horrible drink -
Don't look at me, I didn't post it. :p

N

Doc Holliday
31-12-06, 17:30
Rofl. great thread.

Kahlua baileys shaken with fresh cream (About 2 parts cream to one part liqour) is nice. makes a good coctail.

Advocaat ive never tried.

Absinthe i love. only way to try is the "gas chamber" which hurts you hard but takes too long to explain how to make but im willing via pm (its easy done but cant be arsed to type basically) without being able to show you.

not sure about the scotch you mentioned but the black label sounded like johnny black? (johnny walker black label?)

On the subject of gin its an alcoholics drink. its a manic depressant but having said that its really nice. g + t with a slice of fresh lime or gin and juice is really the only way. with that gordons london dry gin is my fave or bombay sapphire. either or. im a connosieur (sp?) with some spirits gin being one and vodka being the other. and i fucking hate smirnoff vodka.

Stoly for the win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolichnaya <----- and they even made it in kazakhstahn.

blackpheonix
31-12-06, 17:34
i cant drink vodka makes me evil :lol:

Danae
02-01-07, 19:03
hehe ok my two cents a little late :P

Butterscotch Shnapps + Baileys Irish Cream = Buttery Nipple = OMG YUM! :P

my man won't drink anything but Jack, Tennants, Bud, and Stella :P

Pantho
02-01-07, 19:51
hehe ok my two cents a little late :P

Butterscotch Shnapps + Baileys Irish Cream = Buttery Nipple = OMG YUM! :P

my man won't drink anything but Jack, Tennants, Bud, and Stella :P

god dam fasination with Stella... ITS FOUL!

-edit

Its worse than my spelling - SERIOUSLY!

RogerRamjet
02-01-07, 21:28
http://beer.trash.net/img/beers/537.jpg

AKA Tramp Fuel.

silent000
02-01-07, 21:47
That isnt tramp fuel mr roger, White Lightning is tramp fuel!

Dogface
02-01-07, 21:49
Girlsberg? May aswell drink a can of water. :p

The worst stuff has to be White Lightning cider, it's funny how everyone around here when they were at age 13/14 bought a £2.50 3 litre bottle of cider to drink in a field :lol:

Pantho
02-01-07, 22:30

The worst stuff has to be White Lightning cider, it's funny how everyone around here when they were at age 13/14 bought a £2.50 3 litre bottle of cider to drink in a field :lol:

dam i hate cider

silent000
03-01-07, 00:36

You must of grown up where I live!

StevenJ
03-01-07, 00:47
You must of grown up where I live!

I've heard you vomit on vent :(

Bailey is nice. I like it. I don't normally give a fuck about what people think, but I would definitely think twice about ordering a baileys in a pub. Maybe that's just the area I live in... The chocolate mint one got me briefly but intensely excited me whilst I was in the supermarket earlier, but I stayed strong and went for brandy instead.

Secret shame: This Chrismas I bought a bottle of avocaat. It's really, very, very nice mixed with ginger ale. :(

Hoder
03-01-07, 02:42
OK, ok.. i tried an experiment for new year:

I bought a *brand new* bottle of advocaat to take to a house party. Yes, it was an all nighter.. yes, other drinks were available. Considering that there were slightly more males to females and the average ages ranged from teenagers to twenty-somethings over half the advocaat was gone in the morning. So it does get drunk and it pays to experiment ;)

@ StevenJ: Never thought of ginger ale tho.. i must try that. I had a glass with lemonade and it was quite refreshing. We did make some pretty disgusting cocktails that night, though :p

I don't think there was a Baileys in sight all night.

Pantho
03-01-07, 02:44
I don't think there was a Baileys in sight all night.

EVIL ppl -

well atm, Brammers is on THN vent.. drunk in Baileys :/

StevenJ
03-01-07, 03:42
We did make some pretty disgusting cocktails that night, though :p

20% vanilla ice-cream, 40% bacardi, 40% advocaat, lots and lots of crushed ice mixed in a huge jug makes an ice-cream cocktail that is quite, quite lethal. :angel:

Change the bacardi according to how pissed you want/don't want to be.

Aptly, this works with chocolate ice-cream and baileys instead of advocaat, but you have to lower the amount of bacardi as baileys is much thinner than advocaat....

Faid
03-01-07, 17:18

Must be the equivelant to Strawberry Boonsfarm (American tramfuel) :lol: