PDA

View Full Version : Ex NCer needs help!

Omnituens
28-12-06, 17:21
Hello all, some of you may remember me, other will be like, who the f' are you. either way, you can help me.

I am doing an assignment on cultural differences with games. I need you war stories and your feelings about other nationalities within the game (mainly English, French, German and American) and how fighting a clan that are of a different nationality makes you feel.

You can either PM me or email me at omnituens@hotmail.com

I need:
A way to identify you (either ingame nick, or your real name, for quoting reasons)
Your nationality
How long you have played OR worked within NC (1 or 2)
Your stories, comments, ideas, anything that describes the way you have interacted with someone of a different nationality (as long as you dont break the rules below. Note this does not exclude out of game, as long as it is in some way related to NC (i started talking to this frech guy, we are now friends on irc/msn etc, is good)

I DO NO WANT:
Names of OTHER runners if you are making acusations about them, either GM or a normal player "I was talking to [a german runner] who i though was doing such and such" will do.
NO attacking Reakktor, or their actions, or their employees, unless it relevent (such as KK have increased/decreased interaction between nationalities)

Do not worry about swearing, as I will obviously be editing the quotes for suitiblity.

I would like comments from as many nationalities as possible, and from as many levels as possible, from the noobs right up to the GMs (if you have the time sirs/ma'ams :D) If you DO know of any english speaking germans/french, please point them in the direction of this thread

thanks for your time everyone, and have fun!

Apocalypsox
28-12-06, 17:30
Apoc.

"In my honest opinion here, i dont care what nationality someone is, be it German, French, Russian or anything else, If they are shooting at me, ill be damned if i dont shoot back. I dont descriminate."

Hell-demon
28-12-06, 17:33
I remember you Omni...wow I thought you were dead 8|

Apshai
28-12-06, 17:46
Apoc.

"In my honest opinion here, i dont care what nationality someone is, be it German, French, Russian or anything else, If they are shooting at me, ill be damned if i dont shoot back. I dont descriminate."

yup same here

RogerRamjet
28-12-06, 17:48
Hmm, I think i'll consider sending something in.

silent000
28-12-06, 18:01
Cream Cracker

"I am the absolute sex tbhkthxbai"

SorkZmok
28-12-06, 18:07
Hmm, I think i'll consider sending something in.
Hah, i've been thinking about it aswell.
There prolly are quite a few stories about the days of the GLA back on uranus.

RogerRamjet
28-12-06, 18:12
Hah, i've been thinking about it aswell.
There prolly are quite a few stories about the days of the GLA back on uranus.

You gotta remember how well TT got on back on Uranus aswell. LAARD (English/German/French), The One (Italian), and TNT (German).

But, we were sexy as fuck, so that may have been the reason :angel:

Apocalypsox
28-12-06, 20:36
ohhh....dear god.....soo many roger wannabes....

I Found NC1 alot more fun in a small clan :p SA 4tw!

Pantho
28-12-06, 22:28
No one send in gay ass Terraist storries from Mars -

That stuff was racist and stupid

Doc Holliday
29-12-06, 05:01
You gotta remember how well TT got on back on Uranus aswell. LAARD (English/German/French), The One (Italian), and TNT (German).

But, we were sexy as fuck, so that may have been the reason :angel:

LOL at those 3 names mentioned roger. Laard was better when you guys were ca imho or just after the split from underpants :)

gl omni. if i get time to write i will try and stick something in the mail for you.

suprised no ones mentioned it by why dont u show up to play again some time ;)

Omnituens
31-12-06, 03:12
Thanks for your comments so far people. Someone go poke niddy if hes still around.

Anyone know any french/german/non-english players that are willing to comment?

And as for my return.... I have been told that I can't have my name changed without transferring all my items to another char, deleting my monk and relevel a new one. Not interested if i cant use my proper name.

EDIT: Please do not assume that I know anything about the clan relations in the last.. oh... 2 YEARS. previous to that i will know who you are talking about on saturn at least, anything since NC2 though, the politics get a bit hazy, other than my old clan.

Omnituens
07-01-07, 01:31
sorry for the double post and bump, however I would like to say that i have 60% done the essay, so if you are planning on sending me something, please PM me the info ASAP.

Apocalypsox, can you tell me your nationality and if you are OK with it, you age or age bracket within 10 years (10-20, 20-30 etc)

Apocalypsox
07-01-07, 02:04
10-20, American.

Dogface
07-01-07, 03:54
I imagined you to be older.

Apocalypsox
07-01-07, 06:30
Most people are utterly dumbfounded when they figure out how old i am.

Age is only a number.

Omnituens
08-01-07, 22:51
Thanks Apoc.

If anyone else wants to give their input, PM the info before thursday, as thats when im wrapping this up.