PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] eXL Christmas Rare Give-away For New Runners

StevenJ
23-12-06, 00:39
Hello!

As part of an eXL goodwill to all pro runners season, we will be trying our best to kit out the first few newish unclanned runners that contact us with at least one rare weapon that they'll be able to use (or in future be able to use).

There are terms, cos we'll just get people angry at us for trying to give away stuff if we can't help them.

We can't guarantee they'll be kick-ass weapons (two slot will be the highest, mostly one slot and a couple of 0 slots) or that we'll be able to do this for very long, but we'll try to help anyone we can.

I know we'll get alts of other chars just taking weapons for the hell of it (I have certain people already in mind...), but there's nothing we can really do about it. We're not going to let the odd turd stop us from helping people out :angel:

And unclanned runners only, not because we're trying to bribe people into becoming members (but hey - if they like us, we like them, all the better!) but I think that their weps should be provided by their clans, not us.

I don't know how many people will ask for weps, so we don't know how long we'll be able to give them away.

And if we've heard you talking crap and being obnoxious to anyone, we'll say no :D

It can seem impossible at first, when you're just with a few people, to get the cash or techs together for your first rare wep. Hopefully, this can help new runners both get good weps, and have something to aim for to keep them leveling hard and playing.

Please either
mail Marsbarz-c or StevenJ ingame with the weapon type you use
or make a reply to this post, and I'll try to help you out.

From eXL, all have a Happy Christmas :D

Pantho
23-12-06, 00:58
Mr steven sir..

i need a 5 slot slasher, ive not been palying long, but my woc PE rly needs it ..

Ive been play since 8 days before Evo 2.1 came out, and really need a 5 slot slasher

yours sincerly Pantho

-edit btw, thats kind of you - I like what your doing tbh

silent000
23-12-06, 01:31
SXR Loyal employee eh pantho ;)

And mr steve am i still in mind for ur idea for me logging in and spreading the christmas joy :D

Christmas Cracker! ...... tbh!

Faid
23-12-06, 03:17
SXR will donate some low slotted Rares to your cause if you want, we always like helping out new runners :)

StevenJ
23-12-06, 03:31
Excellent, thanks! I'll mail you ingame and we can sort out the details :D

Pantho
23-12-06, 03:53
SXR will donate some low slotted Rares to your cause if you want, we always like helping out new runners :)

Nooo not the 0/1 slotted rares in the clan app...

:p -

lol.... see SXR are kind - Dam tradeskiller... ^^

GOD OF HELL
23-12-06, 07:32

Still wondering where all these new runners are...

...maybe someone in-game can explain to me what a New runner in NC is like. I have ran into about 3-4 people that were complete noobs that needed severe help. Besides that, most go about their business just fine and don't really say much and are NC1 veterans....

To simplify what I am getting at, this IS a nice deed. Now, being DR or being in LUST doesn't make me more or less of a kind person. When I played back in 2002, if I had the availability to get 0-2 slot rares, I'd seriously feel like I was special and want to keep playing the game. I still felt special through hard work and tech hunting and getting nice rares.

If you are serious about this, try to go LOOK for runners in need. I figured it would be just good to advertise in-game but, you would get douche bags trying to get hand-outs to in turn sell back and break the whole point.

Not everyone reads the forum. I registered on my 1st account in 2004, 2 years after I had played the game, and even then I had never really read the forum much unless I needed some information. You may need to go look for these "newbies" that are in need of weapons/spells.

Merry Christmas or holidays.

Pantho
23-12-06, 07:41
The people of EXL are already giving all the time they have,

its the 23rd... day before christmas eve -

I was on there vent early on tonight, and they was giving every ounce of time they had, Even Cream Cracker, who can only play in the holidays (i think), was giving his time -

You should be thankfull of the time they are giving,

StevenJ
23-12-06, 14:34
Still wondering where all these new runners are...

Odd. I see runners who need help in one way or another all over...

And we're not just keeping this to the forum, that's just the only way you've heard of it :)

GOD OF HELL
23-12-06, 14:45
Odd. I see runners who need help in one way or another all over...

And we're not just keeping this to the forum, that's just the only way you've heard of it :)

Impressive. I haven't been in-game much lately. I am actually considering not playing WoW. Too many new games comming out for me to just go back to the game known as WoW.

I tip my hat once again to the kind deeds of your clan. I just hope someday that we can have an auction again, soon hopefully.

ashley watts
23-12-06, 14:48
Nooo Muszt Rezizt tar ErgE ! * To make a new char and rob all teh items !*

silent000
23-12-06, 14:59
The only times i can attempt to play is if my brother lets me go on his computer which is not often but i may be around for a little today and tomorrow

StevenJ
23-12-06, 20:05
Many thanks to SXR who just gave me a huge pile of rare weps to help with the xmas new player fund! Already given away a 2 slot Healing Light and a 1 slot slasher. Please let me know if you need any!

Pantho
24-12-06, 00:53
OT :

wow god of hell, change ur sig -

way to large - 6 lines of text max (i think)

StevenJ
25-12-06, 01:35
Many thanks to Neocron R&D for a very generous donation of tech parts for this fund! :D

StevenJ
25-12-06, 03:23
Many thanks to Neocron R&D for a very generous donation of tech parts for this fund! :D

Double post <3

I meant rare weps not tech parts

StevenJ
25-12-06, 04:08
Also many thanks to Worker Bees for their cash contribution to this <3

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 03:11
Good work StevenJ. Way to imagine a better NC where noobs can be helped out and giving is better then receiving.

Christmas+Nice people=rare commodity

Also, giving out stuff to people doesn't make you go from annoying SXR member to coolest guy on the server. If I had the 2nd largest clan I'd be giving out just as well. Add that to your signature Pantho', roflcoptor.

Pantho
26-12-06, 03:37
Good work StevenJ. Way to imagine a better NC where noobs can be helped out and giving is better then receiving.

Christmas+Nice people=rare commodity

Also, giving out stuff to people doesn't make you go from annoying SXR member to coolest guy on the server. If I had the 2nd largest clan I'd be giving out just as well. Add that to your signature Pantho', roflcoptor.

What the hell?

StevenJ is not SXR!

Faid handed those weapons in personally, not from clan Cabs -

Stop picking at SXR u fuckwit -

btw Steve how'd it got?

Pantho
26-12-06, 03:38
Oh, and i gave fuck all out this xmas tbh.

I lie, the only thing i gave was a 3 slot holy deflect to a old NC2 freind

Faid
26-12-06, 06:43
I have to say lol at god of hell, he's so awesome that he played nc1 and we all know that playing nc1 makes you automatically awesome at nc2, well he did kill 873 people in 17 minutes. He thinks we're annoying because he is Death Row and we are currently fighting with DR. Sucks that you have to keep losing SL because you attack our members. Dont blame us if we want to give out rare weapons to people who really need them and you think that it is wrong to help people. Although I wouldnt expect any less from someone from Death Row, after all your leader did get banned for cheating.

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 07:27
I have to say lol at god of hell, he's so awesome that he played nc1 and we all know that playing nc1 makes you automatically awesome at nc2, well he did kill 873 people in 17 minutes. He thinks we're annoying because he is Death Row and we are currently fighting with DR. Sucks that you have to keep losing SL because you attack our members. Dont blame us if we want to give out rare weapons to people who really need them and you think that it is wrong to help people. Although I wouldnt expect any less from someone from Death Row, after all your leader did get banned for cheating.

I never was in Death Row. Don't you guys understand that I joined them when they were practically dead? That means I have only been back a month or so. I understand Faid your not the sharpest tool in the shed, just like Pantho'.

I know StevenJ isn't SXR. He is a cool EXL FA guy and I wouldn't care what clan or faction he was if he was helping out newer players. Helping people is the coolest thing I believe.

Lol, I guess I must say again, I AM NOT in DEATH ROW. CAPS IS USUALLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE CAN'T READ WELL. I am in (LUST) which is a BD clan that will be comming up soon on the map hopefully.

Oh, and way to twist it off as me being the one who believes helping people is wrong and it shouldn't be allowed. What if someone told me you are arrogant, noisy, and you scammed people? Would I call you a good for nothing thief? Give it a break bro, I believe in helping any newer players get situated with the game.

And the thing about Buju, yeah Buju, atleast mention his name. He was a good friend from NC1 who I really respect as a pvp'er and more of a serious player. Now, if you like taking Buju, turning it into leader of a clan, and smacking that clan so be it. You're not fooling yourself or me.

In short: Help the runners, save the bullshit, ride a cowboy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9Ia0xFBg28

NAPPER
26-12-06, 08:37
I never was in Death Row. Don't you guys understand that I joined them when they were practically dead?I AM NOT in DEATH ROW. CAPS IS USUALLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE CAN'T READ WELL. I am in (LUST) which is a BD clan that will be comming up soon on the map hopefully.

dude how can you say you was never in DR when you have put in the same sentence I joined them when they was died what that normal means is you was in DR after all and about the big letters they are on about you was in DR when you got killed or when you killed someone. SXR wouldn’t have attacked you if you was not in DR unless you attacked them first so my point is you was in DR you might not be now but you was.

NAPPER

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 08:43
dude how can you say you was never in DR when you have put in the same sentence I joined them when they was died what that normal means is you was in DR after all and about the big letters they are on about you was in DR when you got killed or when you killed someone. SXR wouldn’t have attacked you if you was not in DR unless you attacked them first so my point is you was in DR you might not be now but you was.

NAPPER

Atleast I don't play World of Warcraft. I play games for content and gameplay > numbers and stupidity. You DO understand most of WoW is Asian players which typically have nothing to do with the marketing of European/American games right?

You prove that you play games with no content and have little excitement and are one of the most boring MMO's reviewed by plenty of MMO sites and magazines, do some reading kiddo. I don't need to play with a bunch of other players to have fun, I can do that on my own. And outside instanced pvp, guilds, and instanced pvp, there is nothing to the game. I can name a crap load more thing I enjoy and WoW.

About Neocron, I may be called stupid, I may act stupid, and I may not come out clearly. The thing is, I do understand I will get killed, and I did join SXR. I am saying kill me all you want, sex my body, just don't harrass me in-game and try to take my fun away.

NAPPER, you just come on here and flame. Go to World of Warcraft, make a lot of tree hugging friends, and give your stuff out in NC to people who actually play the game and enjoy it.

NAPPER
26-12-06, 08:57
Why did you leave nc in nc1 unlike me that played at the end of nc1 to the test server and in my opinion I don’t like the test server but that’s just me so I started playing other games as well but what has me playing WOW got to do with you saying you wasn’t in DR when in fact you was but I will not post anything else on this thread unless its got something to do with Stevens post so if you want to carry this convo on log on vent when I am on it I swear I will not ban you tell you or I have made my point ok.

NAPPER

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 09:12
Edit: Christmas joy.

NAPPER
26-12-06, 09:14
I am never comming on DR vent again. I was never banned and never worried about it. If you honestly believe I worried about being kicked, you must have some serious RL problems that probably you need to talk to me about on Vent. Unfortunately, if you want to talk to me on a Vent server come to this one:

IP: unite.typefrag.com
Port: 20309

NO password

lol that vent you sure ???
you know who owns that vent yes thats rite me :D
but i dont think syn will be very happy you giving there vent info out

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 09:29
lol that vent you sure ???
you know who owns that vent yes thats rite me :D

I have never been afraid to talk to someone, ignorant (Pantho', Faid, Mabs) or not. I am a civilized person, and even those these people may flame me, they have talked to me and outside of Pantho' (tisk tisk), never had to really stop the conversation.

Even then Pantho' made up for it by actually pretending to be a human being. We then talked about random stuff.

Pantho', DM me in-game, I forgot to write down your characters, rofl? I'd say KOS but, you already know I'd kill you reguardless.

GOD OF HELL
26-12-06, 12:26
Lol, I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes Napper. I was talking to Jini and rjn and all of a sudden I am kicked from server. I am like, okay. I understand TX has no life and he sounds like a drunk hobo but, he kicks me for: Being a PROPER cock.

Right....I think this guy has a little to know life. I will leave him to chat away with the world while I kick back and laugh at this kid. Funny stuff, don't really care though, no need to be on that crappy vent anywho. Was fun chatting it up Napper.

StevenJ
26-12-06, 14:03
Pantho: I still have a full GG of rare weps to hand out yet, it's hard in a sense to give them out effectively - I typically wait until I hear someone asking a question on trade that suggests they're new, asking on vent who they are, then checking chat logs for mentions of their name, examples of them being arses, etc. rather than just seeing someone low rank, before sneaking up beside them with a gift or two. I know that chances are I've given someone a wep who is a higher level runner's alt - in fact I'm sure of it now, but what the hell! I'm sure I've given out way more to genuinely new runners. I try to roleplay some drunk idiot most of the time, I think I have nearly it down to a tee.

There will be lots left over, I believe - I've handed out about 15 or 20 so far. I will need to speak to the other parties who have donated to see if we can agree what happens to those. Right now, I'm in favour of kitting out some of the newer, smaller pro clans when the xmas period is over, help them get off the ground.

And me, FA? :p Sorry no, though I've had offers, some repeatedly :angel: I've got eight chars, six of which are TT, one BT, and one CM. I've only been in two clans since NC2 - eXL and eXLT, our tech clan.

silent000
26-12-06, 14:28
Meh edited because i hate flaming, and it isnt worth my leet flames on god of hell

Pantho
26-12-06, 18:07
GoH Lets stop the flaming - Napper said he wont reply, and know i do -

StevenJ -

In the words of a Junkie -

IMA GONNA SEX JOOOO

ps, my Alt list is in my sig

Faid
26-12-06, 20:43
First of all I'd like to apologize for God of Hell stealing your thread, turning it into a personal flame war (most of his animosity is directed at me and napper), and trying to get it closed - he's not the sharpest stick in the bunch you know ;) Regarding the weapons, I trust you will find people who really need them and enjoy playing this game.

GOD OF HELL
27-12-06, 04:19
Meh edited because i hate flaming, and it isnt worth my leet flames on god of hell
Flame me? I may feel offended if #267 random flamer was to try to make me feel bad. I have seriously heard just about every flame and insult. Even when MayhemMike came on vent and flamed, I laughed and said, "Is that all?" He then logged off and ran back into the little cave he grew in.

First of all I'd like to apologize for God of Hell stealing your thread, turning it into a personal flame war (most of his animosity is directed at me and napper), and trying to get it closed - he's not the sharpest stick in the bunch you know ;) Regarding the weapons, I trust you will find people who really need them and enjoy playing this game.

I have already proved you are slight above the caveman and right below rjn. You weren't even talking to him last night on OOC yet, you still were harrassing whoever that guy was. GG.

StevenJ, you will most likely need to go out and find people. You mentioned clans, I don't know about that idea. I would stick with looking for newer runners and taking your time with distribution.

All in all, you don't need to hand out every rare weapon you have to every person in a matter of a week or two. You can do it over the course of a few months if the supplies last that long.

The gift that keeps on giving?

NAPPER
27-12-06, 05:14
MayhemMike was banned off vent then btw he didnt just leave he was banned cos at that point you was in DR but hes still not allowed on vent as far as i can remember.

Napper

solling
27-12-06, 12:50
lol guys go messure ur e-penises somewhere else please

merry christmas and great initiative helping newbies out ;)

Faid
27-12-06, 17:30
I have already proved you are slight above the caveman and right below rjn. You weren't even talking to him last night on OOC yet, you still were harrassing whoever that guy was. GG.
And yet you failed, yet again to understand the situation. The only thing worse than being RJN is being called RJN ;) I understand that you are confused with what a lot of people say to one another in this game, dont worry though if you stick around long enough you'll eventually start to catch on. And I wasnt harassing anyone m8, we were merely conversing over OOC :angel:

Mods should close this thread already.

cl0wn
27-12-06, 18:44
lol <3 jacked threads thought this was ment for giving free things as the title says eXL Christmas Rare Give-away For New Runners so why is it getting turned into a hate thread? because faid pantho and stevenj worked togeather and gave things to new runners? LEET WTS skills for nubs who jack threads and spam away.

GOD OF HELL
27-12-06, 19:30
lol <3 jacked threads thought this was ment for giving free things as the title says eXL Christmas Rare Give-away For New Runners so why is it getting turned into a hate thread? because faid pantho and stevenj worked togeather and gave things to new runners? LEET! WTS skills for nubs who jack threads and spam away.

Let me fix that for you.

Lol, elite jacked threads. The title does mention giving out free items in-game to in-game new runners. Why has it turned into a SXR/Syndicate flame thread, oh yeah, because faid pantho and other random noobs who flame. Stevenj worked togeather with clans that had junk that was never theres and they had taken from runners who didn't play anymore and they gave things to new runners? LEET WTS SXR/Syndicate members who jack threads and steal the idea(s) away.

Good? Let's call the KK police on this one. Nidhogg, time to topic Close.

Jodo
27-12-06, 20:17
Why has it turned into a SXR/Syndicate flame thread, oh yeah, because faid pantho and other random noobs who flame. Stevenj worked togeather with clans that had junk that was never theres and they had taken from runners who didn't play anymore and they gave things to new runners? LEET WTS SXR/Syndicate members who jack threads and steal the idea(s) away.

Apart from Pantho rightly pointing out that your sig was much to big, which at the times it was, you threw the first stone with this snotty comment. Because you launch attacks and insinuations at other people with (quite often) no real facts behind your arguements, I can only assume you are trying to provoke others into flaming you for the purpose of a cheap thrill and the possibility of getting them into trouble with the mods.

I remember being in school with people like you. Their mission was to subtly (sometimes not so subtly) wind others up so they made a move in front of a teacher and got a bollocking for it.
Almost all of your comments are provocative and unnecessary.

What StevenJ has done with eXL and other participants is a very generous thing and can only improve the game. Do not lessen their deeds by bringing your petty attitude to the thread.

Pantho
29-12-06, 15:09
possibility of getting them into trouble with the mods.

That i dont need help in atm :) -

dont close this thread, this thread was ment in good intentions -

Not a bad word to GoH is in this post, so dont reply plz -

Merry Xmas to all the noobs and I wish that they all get rares...

(Swirly means i can shoot em :D )

PS -

hmm Only napper is in Syn i this thread, i think - Also ive nothing to do with the Xmas giveaway.... fuck xmas spirit im saving my own money.. got me 60m saving... gonna start selling more 2

Dribble Joy
29-12-06, 16:00
If I were near a comp that had NC on it (or capable of running it), then I could donate several judges, alas I am not, thus I am unable to.

silent000
29-12-06, 17:16
God of hell you have offended Ash Watts!

Watch your back

ashley watts
29-12-06, 17:33
God of hell you have offended Ash Watts!

Watch your back

He did ?, Quote plx :p

Nidhogg
29-12-06, 17:43
No more flaming/trolling, please.

N