PDA

View Full Version : Yeah... My opinion of the runners' abilities is trending downwards.

Heavyporker
22-12-06, 00:15
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/its_there_quiz.htm (http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/its_there_quiz.htm)

Let's see you guys get this bitch right, punks!

Glok
22-12-06, 00:31
10 right - 0 wrong - 0 skipped

Seriously, the answers were given in the header to each of the two sections.. how could you not get every question correct? :lol:

Jodo
22-12-06, 00:31
Results: 10 Correct -- 0 Wrong -- 0 Skipped

Err, I can do that whilst quite drunk. We had more difficult tests when I was eight years old. :wtf:

Nidhogg
22-12-06, 00:32
That was trivial. Must, do, better. :p

N

rob444
22-12-06, 01:49

edit: I didn't read the headers.

Skusty
22-12-06, 01:52
Same as rob.

Phantium
22-12-06, 02:09

YAWN and my native language isn't even english.

CMaster
22-12-06, 03:09
10 Correct -- 0 Wrong -- 0 Skipped

Yawn. And I'm drunk.

Pantho
22-12-06, 03:39
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/gif/moving_sun.gifYou're right!

and i suck at Grammar :) Especially there/their/they're uses....

Anyways -

Faid
22-12-06, 06:38
prawnd it. 10 right :angel:

unreal
22-12-06, 06:53
Anyone who can't get 10 out of 10 on that one is one of the people I would prefer to move into the "shoot in the face immediately" catagory. Unless of course it's Scarlett Johannson or similair, in which case, I'd turn them into a personal sex slave. :rolleyes:

Pantho
22-12-06, 07:25
I actually had to think about number 10.. for 2 seconds

GOD OF HELL
22-12-06, 07:30

I sometimes say it wrong because (it's) a game and (there) is always a need to spell quickly while ignoring the grammar rules.

Koshinn
22-12-06, 10:02
Heavyporker must've thought this quiz was a challenge. 8|

Heavyporker
22-12-06, 12:17
Heavyporker must've thought this quiz was a challenge. 8|

The title of the thread didn't clue you in on my opinion of this quiz?

SorkZmok
22-12-06, 13:21
All 10 done right.

And i'm not even english. :lol:

unreal
22-12-06, 13:31
heh, to me it's not the lack of grammar I dislike. It's the way that people have an attitude along the lines of "oh ths iz only a computer l33th4x so i dnt hav 2 typ proporly cuz u suk". What's so fucking hard about spending an extra 2 milliseconds typing the full word 'you', 'this', 'dont', typing 'the' correctly instead of the retarded 'teh', etc. Why can't they press shift for a millisecond while they type 'i' either? :o

SorkZmok
22-12-06, 13:33
heh, to me it's not the lack of grammar I dislike. It's the way that people have an attitude along the lines of "oh ths iz only a computer l33th4x so i dnt hav 2 typ proporly cuz u suk". What's so fucking hard about spending an extra 2 milliseconds typing the full word 'you', 'this', 'dont', typing 'the' correctly instead of the retarded 'teh', etc. Why can't they press shift for a millisecond while they type 'i' either? :o
CUZ TIS TEH INTERNET AND WE DUN CAER!1

I hate those people. :)

TWOK
22-12-06, 15:07
These students have a poor attendance record. I'm worried about their being absent during next week's exams.

His fear of it's being a very long season seemed contagious.

Engrish ?

Heavyporker
22-12-06, 20:22
Yeah, Twok, that was poorly worded but maybe that was to force people to think a bit harder on the quiz.

Pantho
22-12-06, 20:25
Pantho Teh apu

Was name to go with Pantho Teh ppu

And i was drunk when i made the ppu... so a mild excuse tbh

Hell-demon
22-12-06, 20:31

Fuck Off!

ashley watts
22-12-06, 20:37
:rolleyes: No comment

:lol:

nobby
22-12-06, 21:32

Come on !

EVEN Nobby could do THAT ! :p

Mighty Max
22-12-06, 21:52
It's just that there are a lot of people from non english speaking regions of the world. Their english has to be excused. They're at least trying.

Heavyporker
22-12-06, 22:18
No, Max, what's aggravating is that my own countrymen are fucking up so damn badly in far too many matters, English grammar and spelling among them!

n3m
22-12-06, 22:35
Funny how everyone's watching their spelling now :p

Hell-demon
22-12-06, 23:01
Omg Sp34k N0rmally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U R So G4y!

Powerpunsh
23-12-06, 04:24

and pisa said im stupid. :rolleyes:

Pantho
23-12-06, 04:50
My spelling is bad, cant help it -

I can spell large words, i just get mixed up with small words -

I have to think, sometimes for a good few seconds when typing know / now

Over/other

etc

unreal
23-12-06, 07:19
When I type my brain either lags behind my instinctively speedy typing or I start thinking of something else due to me usually not looking at the screen and resultingly type the wrong thing instead. Yesterday I wrote 'date' instead of 'death', because I was looking at my clock and thinking "fuckin' 'ell, only a few days till Christmas" while I wrote my post in that implant scaling thread. Love brainfarts, but ty Nidhogg for editing it for me. :lol: Being unable to fix typos is bloody annoying. :mad:

Spelling is easy though if you know the basics of how the language is spoken and how those sounds are translated into letters in that language (something we all should know in our native languages - but I guess clearly that's not the case for most people nowadays; too busy wanting to drink 20 pints in a few hours everyday no doubt :rolleyes:).

In English it's quite easy to spell a word correctly just from thinking about how you pronounce it. Of course, it's not always the answer, because some people simply say words incorrectly to begin with. Take the word pronounce for example; My old German teacher would pronounce it as "prenounce" which is clearly wrong. :p

Pantho
23-12-06, 07:38
I have sever problems, similar to some forms of Dyslexia (Never taken the test myself, but my Dad, and granddad have forms of this).

I have problems with short words, also, even when writing or typing..

i could be copying something, or even writing my adress, and id so things like

England,

Id be writing it as, Egnland, like by brain wants to write the G first.... strange meh

unreal
23-12-06, 08:04
I have the same sort of thing. I think that's because I've spent so much time typing, and I barely write on paper unless it's my name to sign something or a quick note. So when I'm writing with a pen, I'm already thinking several words ahead as I would when I'm using a keyboard, and my hand won't write that fast. :D

Edit so I don't double post :rolleyes:: Just thought about some random programme on Sky One (or Two) that I watched the other day called Space: The Ultimate Holiday, and it briefly mentioned that Astronauts would carry on thinking they were in a zero gravity environment after they came back to Earth and would carry on their space habits like just letting go of an object without putting it down thinking it would just stay there. I think that's the same sort of problem I have after hardly writing much on paper in the last 4 years.

GOD OF HELL
23-12-06, 08:52
I have sever problems, similar to some forms of Dyslexia (Never taken the test myself, but my Dad, and granddad have forms of this).

England,

Id be writing it as, Egnland, like by brain wants to write the G first.... strange meh

Sometimes when I am typing a research paper or essay, my brain starts to get a form of writing block. I forget basic 5-7 letter words and have to think it up. It usually helps to just try not to take on too many task at once and to regularly read and use more complex words instead of always using the generic form.

...Astronauts would carry on thinking they were in a zero gravity environment after they came back to Earth and would carry on their space habits like just letting go of an object without putting it down thinking it would just stay there...

Yeah. I have that problem with a few things. Let me list a few:

Switching games and the mechanics are different, the hotkeys a bit different, and the atmosphere takes adjusting

Playing on the NC test server, then the live server

Hunting at the same place for hours and hours (6+) then going and pvping

Picking up smoking/drinking, even since it has been 3 years since I was really active with that shit I still hold a bottle like a drunk and hold a pencil/pen like it's a smoke.

HABITS ARE A BAD THINGS, UNLESS IT LEADS TO NOTHING BUT POSITIVE.

Edit: Unreal, I am no one to say this but, I am even trying to limit paragraph's to 2-3 sentences for easy reading and so it doesn't look like a unorganized book style with LARGE pages and only 2-3 paragraphs per page. (Run-on sentences count as 2 sentences)

StevenJ
23-12-06, 15:59
Astronauts would carry on thinking they were in a zero gravity environment after they came back to Earth and would carry on their space habits like just letting go of an object without putting it down thinking it would just stay there.

People who have been stationed on nuclear subs for months at a time aren't allowed to drive for a few days once they get back on land. Living in a confined space where the furthest they ever see is just a few metres away, they struggle with depth perception for a short while afterwards.

Jodo
23-12-06, 17:25
People who have been stationed on nuclear subs for months at a time aren't allowed to drive for a few days once they get back on land. Living in a confined space where the furthest they ever see is just a few metres away, they struggle with depth perception for a short while afterwards.

Also, all that masturbation that they must be doing will damage their eyes.

Hell-demon
23-12-06, 17:37
Why would it effect their eyes?

Bad aim?

rob444
23-12-06, 17:58

England,

Hehe, when I'm eating out and paying with my card and I have to write my name on that receipt - I can't do it. If I try to write my last name I always have to stop and think on the spelling which is annoying and if I'm in a hurry I mispell it and if I'm not in a hurry I mispell it anyway. Not sure if it's dyslexia or if I'm generally retarded :p

So everytime I write my name, I write "Robert " and then gibberish because I'm sure they don't care anyway :P