PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Testserver and accounts

rob444
21-12-06, 13:51
Y'ello. Yesterday a guy on my msn told me he and his buddy was playing and having fun on the nc 2.2 test server and they wanted me to join them. So I told him I've not had an active account since July. Then he told me his friend has not had an active account for over a year and he can play without problems. I tried connecting to the test server 2-3 weeks ago and I told him that when I tried this, it said my account was expired. Well he was convinced that I could play on the test server now since his buddy of his could. So I just copied the damn nc2 folder and fixed the test server patches etc. and I still get account expired.

So my question is, how the fekk can someone that hasn't had an account active for over a year can play on the test server but not me who had an account until july this year? :confused:

Riddle
21-12-06, 14:35
*kk scans payments database and reconciles against current active accounts...yes there is the offender!

You need an active account buddy to play this game test or normal thats it.

rob444
21-12-06, 14:44
So how come someone that hasn't played for over a year can play without problems? :p

Riddle
21-12-06, 14:51
Do you really need this explained to you?

CMaster
21-12-06, 15:04
The test server version of the account database is over 7 months old. I had to use a very, very old password for my primary account(until they did the password copy), while my secondary account which is 7 months old now (month that came with a box + 6 month subscription expired a few days ago) doesn't even EXIST on the test server.

rob444
21-12-06, 15:26
The test server version of the account database is over 7 months old. I had to use a very, very old password for my primary account(until they did the password copy), while my secondary account which is 7 months old now (month that came with a box + 6 month subscription expired a few days ago) doesn't even EXIST on the test server.

Ahhh, thanks. That explains a lot.

edit: And Riddle, you are not helping. forum_count++

Phantium
21-12-06, 15:48
I want to play on 2.2 too but my damn accounts say expired as well. :(

Glok
21-12-06, 16:21
You guys with active accounts that can't get on the testserver just email account@neocron.com with 'evo 2.2' in your subject line and ask for your account to be updated, I had to do that too though I have had the same account for over 4 years I cancelled on Dec 1 and reactivated on Dec 7, that was enough to throw it off. If you don't have an active account, don't hold your breath. ;)

Riddle
21-12-06, 17:50
Ahhh, thanks. That explains a lot.

edit: And Riddle, you are not helping. forum_count++

The point is not Forum count+++

The point is that paying accounts play the game, those who do not pay, do not play ; other than when database issues arise.

kk scans payments database and reconciles against current active accounts...
This was meant as a humourous explanation that the database probably isn't up to scratch and that your M8 has slipped through the net.

Next time Rob i'll try to S.P.E.L.L things out for you:p

rob444
21-12-06, 19:36
Next time Rob i'll try to S.P.E.L.L things out for you:p

Thanks ^^

edit: a moderator can close this thread, but ONLY if they wish me a merry christmas!

Nidhogg
21-12-06, 19:51
Merry Christmas and a happy thread closed.

N