PDA

View Full Version : New Age of MMO (My own Idea)

GOD OF HELL
19-12-06, 12:24
Thegreatunknown here,

This is a game that I have come up with. I did not read up any ideas from current MMO's, I just took several elements that are in most MMO's I have played as well as single player games and combined these to bring hopefully what could be someday, the Ultimate MMO (haven't thought up a name) and a standard for New age games.

I was thinking to myself of a game that would bring in all the elements in a MMORPG. And I thought/think I have came up with something that isn't just decent but, GREAT. This game would bring in real life situations, real life type pvp/pve combat system, and the actual use of intelligence to understand situations and survival.

This would be a game where the whole object is conquer. It is based on strategy, team work, and luck. It would make a VERY great MMO that brings not only roleplaying in but, the VERY real life scenarios of life.

To begin the game, you start out on a farm out in the far country that is not often used because of the insufficient resources in the land. There will be several of these starter places for new players.

The game of course, will not be based on Levels. It will be based on skills through training and craftsmanship. The fight is over the vast lands of Europe/EuroAsia.

The game is based in the Early Middle Ages or Mediaeval period around the 1300th century. A time in which Crusades took play, Technologic advances like cannons/gun powder were invented, and Castles were the center of attention, a rise of Empires where growing.

The objective in skilling is to train and learn the many crafts to help advance throughout the game. If one choses to be a "multi-trained person, they give up the ability to be a master of a certain training or craft.

The PvP will be a real time fight scene game where FPS can sometimes matter and it will not be possible to target a enemy. Player speed will be based on real life type movement with (xx) amount of energy before tiredness and Horse-back will be an option in battles.

The Objective of the game overall it to conquer many castles, forts, and villages as possible. The catch is riding between each battle can be a bit different. Instead of going to a castle and conquering. It may take longer if it is a full sized Castle. (NPC controlled battles) The ONLY exception is if the team defending or attacking gets suprised by too many attacks in which they are not logged, the toughness of the NPC's will start to rise (only a bit and not too much) because of the weekness it leaves the Guild.

The strategy of the game is very bizarre. You will have as a character, several men to control at all times to keep organized. You will have one group that is in control of supplies, one that is in control of attacking, and one that is in control of defending. Now, with each place that is being attacked, you will be able to control some of the units based on how many guild members can help control the NPC's that can be skilled and crafted, just not as much as your "hero(es)".

The key is having the Heroes organized throughout the different parts of the land. Now, starting out will be tough with the craftsmanship to build buildings. At first, for the first two months of the game, there will be a time where the players will not have anything. They will struggle with food, not have any weapons, and only enough horses as they can round up. Now, punching, bitting, and that kind of fighting is pathetic so, a "grace period" will be given at the beginning of the game.

A guild will consist of 20 players. It will be important to have most of these players fighting instead of using players+NPC's when defending the land. Like mentioned, there can only be 2 battles going on. The max limit of battles per day is determined by whether or not the guild gets lucky with who attacks or not.

No one guild will ever be able to dominate. With sometimes NPC controlled armies (weak though) it will always be places taken and captures. No one guild will EVER be able to conquer that much of the map.

A limit to the amount of people being able to controlled throughout the cities will be determined by the amount of food, shelter, and resources available from the local area. Therefore, no one will have mega cities to help dominate, resources will be tight.

NPC's will control getting the resources, getting the food, and getting the material toget to build things. They will also be apart of PvP and sometimes EvE or PvE. The lower limit training will be done at a SLOWER rate by the NPC's and if more time (pvp/pve/eve won't always be done) is available, you can work to gain these things quicker.

Earlier mentioned, heroes are the foundation for the population. Heroes give moral boost, have better health and gear, and know how to fight at a higher level of skill then the common foot soldier.

Now, even heroes die from time to time. Each Hero has a selected person to be his replacement (multiple people if one dies right after the original) and he must be trained quickly from the average max training that ordinary people get.

Now, when fighting a enemy, it's important to know what happens during the fight inside the village, fort, or castle. You will have the people who fight and once the fight is over, you typically have a winner. Now, in defending, you have the ability to get farmers, craftsman, and all other militia available which provides a slightly upper hand if outnumbered in military strength.

If the attacking team wins, they conquer the place. Now, with limited resources around the land, it would be nearly impossible to conquer and then move on or go back. You MUST colonize the territories and bring along women, children, and farmers who are typically elderly (they don't fight when attacking).

If the defenders win, they take the food, clothing, and any valuables away from the dead corpes and the bodies are gathered up and burned. Defending and attacking don't come at a huge price EXCEPT when it comes to getting more resources.

These sources that can also be won by the attacker can gain extra food, gear, military cannons and ammunition for fire. Burning villages won't help as most towns only offer enough food for the villagers + re-enforcing a little extra for 1-2 days worth of food for military people. (yes, military people have to work to gain food).

Things like weather will come into affect. It will be harder to travel in the winter and sometimes difficult in the hot heat. Sickness will be a major factor when going into fights and starvation will be something to watch out for.

In each village, most will be middle class with enough food + extra as well as valuables to trade to other people and there will be people who are thiefs or a bit richer or simply poor.

The civilian population CAN'T be controlled from the every processes. Things like splinting up food, selling/buying goods, black market, and robbing may occur and can not be controlled. Only things like harvesting, moral, training, and craftsman training can be "slightly increased" if there is extra time for such a feature.

The different controlled armies will always be on the move, random and multiple attacks will occur, and some people will rise while others fall. If a guild runs out of castles/forts/villages, they simply get to start over with the material, resources, and people to start over.

These lands are still open to attack and can often be defeated. This will help start to circulate many people into the game. In case a guild is constantly getting completely dominated, it would be best for them to all focus on re-building and getting everything together quicker (will never lose if they can build a castle, defend it with x3-x4 much, are ready, and have the resources available, thus, can start to expand again).

Each month, a guild will get "Guild of the Month" award thus, giving them a free month to play. This game will be a monthly paid game. Other perks include if a certain hero survives long enough, he gets legendary weapons. These will help him out a lot but, he still may be attacked when the player is offline and the NPC's will control him and he may die.

Overall, you will be playing the role of a few heroes who are generals with very superior talent lookings to control land. You will be constantly be fighting and always looking for a challenge and something new. You will face real life situations like weather, sickness, survival tactics, and grief. You will, however, experience a more real life game then any other game EVER out.

I would like any comments about this game that could change it to be more affective. Also, any places where I contradicted my ideas or didn't explain my ideas and they need explaining. I left a couple holes not filled and with more minds thinking up ideas, it would be super successful. And lastly, a name for the game would be great, thanks.

Just please, try not to post stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the game I thought up.

Doc Holliday
19-12-06, 12:41
all i can read in this is you have played warcraft 1 2 or 3, braveheart maybe civilization and possibly rome total war or age of empires. thats what this says to me and it sounds like a carbon copy point and click rts game.

this is not a flame to go along with all the other flames you have recieved lately which is nothing to do with you ;)

elGringo
19-12-06, 12:45
try not to post stupid stuff

:rolleyes: :D ...sorry, that somehow made me chuckle :angel:

The strategy of the game is very bizarre. You will have as a character, several men to control at all times to keep organized … The key is having the Heroes organized throughout the different parts of the land.

Heroes of Might & Magic with a touch of Warcraft III... revolutionary!
Well... jokes aside - a great concept, err scratch that - a great gamedesign masterplan you've worked out there. I believe NCSoft, SOE and Blizztard already fight over the right to buy in :)

GOD OF HELL
19-12-06, 12:59
all i can read in this is you have played warcraft 1 2 or 3, braveheart maybe civilization and possibly rome total war or age of empires. thats what this says to me and it sounds like a carbon copy point and click rts game.

this is not a flame to go along with all the other flames you have recieved lately which is nothing to do with you ;)

If you are wondering what types of games I have played that "sort of" give me the foundation for this idea, Warcraft IS NOT one of them and have only read/heard about the Civilization's, never played. Braveheart sort of sets the time but, doesn't give the foundation to the game nor really shows the actual life styles of the time. It was more of a gore and slash win my freedom movie. Not a good example.

As far as rts, it is strategy but it is more real to life, has elements that are listed and some that could be incorporated that are completely original, and it by no means a carbon copy. I took a few of the ideas from games I enjoy'd, and incorporated them into a game based mainly on npc's being able to think out the different rolls, like fighting, tradeskilling, living life, surviving, and doing most the things the normal player could. So, even if 7 million people don't play, you have 7 million functional NPC's.

And yes, this game is a bit ahead of it's time. It would take a large company, brilliant artist, and one hell of a programming team to complete this project.

On a last note, let me ask you this and everyone else that will say the same about it being a copy and just another MMO to "potentially" stop flaming on this thread in the future.

Everytime you watch a movie that is a teen movie. ..You think American Pie, The Breakfast Club? Everytime you see a bizarre slasher movie...You think of Friday the 13th(s), Psycho, Halloween,...Everytime you see a fantasy movie...You think of Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Matrix(s), and Labyrinth?

If you live outside America, just think of these type of movies: Sex movies, teen comedy movies, slasher movies, horror movies, fantasy movies, unexplainable movies and just plain weird.

So, every time you seen one these movies, when something even goes on the same bases as one of these movies, do you call it a carbon copy and just another rts (fps style though). No, not every movie is a replicate of another movie. There are movies that are original that go off the same bases. Just like joke that generate off the internet. They go from a bases of starting from somewhere, even the abbreviation (lol).

Think about it. I understand the three line flame (or close) is popular on here. I would just like the bright NC players to use your minds, just like you do in-game, just like you should in RL.

Heroes of Might & Magic with a touch of Warcraft III... revolutionary!
Well... jokes aside - a great concept, err scratch that - a great gamedesign masterplan you've worked out there. I believe NCSoft, SOE and Blizztard already fight over the right to buy in :)

I never played Warcraft III much at all. I Did play Heroes I through Heroes IV. They were nice strategy based games. I was looking to bring more of a Age of Empires,Heroes of Might & Magic, Age of Mythology, DAoC, FPS style, realism, 13th century style war.

Mishakal
21-12-06, 16:13
Did u ever play mighty empires by games workshop? seems similar to that.
it's a good outline. one thing to bear in mind, more complicated u make it (ie the more variables can affect this and that) the more room for mistakes. Also i honestly dont think there's a chance of a larger company taking that on. after all whats catchy about it? yeah it can be the best idea ever but what differntiates from say stronghold 2? warcraft? civilization?

you need something that'll draw more people than just "medieval about the time of the crusades :P" as real life as u can make it is good but it needs something to grab people, something new or even just plain odd.maybe if it's crusade time introduce the christian vs. muslim wars? allow people to take sides? maybe let people be heroes of the orders like knights of st john or the templars? what about an element of faith? not so much magic as u said u want it real life, but allow priests to boost health (through medicine etc) morale, raise funds etc

nobby
21-12-06, 21:06
An RTS... Point and click MMO ?

Not my cup of tea

however, an FPS of that, i would like to try :)

a4nic8er
21-12-06, 21:37
\ignore list

blackpheonix
22-12-06, 00:17
It would take a large company, brilliant artist, and one hell of a programming team to complete this project.

thats an understatment it will also take a good 5 + years too