PDA

View Full Version : Make Mob Corpses stay longer!!!

Heavyporker
19-12-06, 00:53
Honestly, this is pissing me off. Too many times, I kill a mob, fre, and then when I manage to log back in within 30-45 seconds, the mob's corpse is gone!

Also, far too many times, if I take on a hoverbot/bomber in any place with even a scattering of trees or hills, it so happens that I can't hack it because of server/client positioning, I have to relog to try and synch up the versions right so I can fucking hack the thing, but the mob decays before then!

Also, what *absolutely* pisses me off is when 00:00 comes up and the mob you just reached and opened disappears right when you start taking items! RAHGGHGGGHHHRRR!

Come on, KK! This is ridiculous! Even 15 more seconds would be a boon in all these cases! How about making your 00:00 clean-up algorithm a little smarter, have it leave the most-recently-killed corpse on the ground? Just one frakking corpse at the 00:00!

Bredahl
19-12-06, 10:36
/signed

15-30sec more would be VERY nice..

GOD OF HELL
19-12-06, 10:54
I may sound bad. If a corpse isn't looted, why not have a 5 minute timer?

This would give plenty of time to hack or get in position if it is unreachable (mentioned already).

If someone is a person who believes that's too long then it should be setup to have the take all command to disappear the body. You can always make the loot stay open longer. Imagine your killing 5-6 warbots, by the time you get to the first, you better be a quick one.

L0KI
19-12-06, 11:11
I may sound bad. If a corpse isn't looted, why not have a 5 minute timer?

This would give plenty of time to hack or get in position if it is unreachable (mentioned already).

If someone is a person who believes that's too long then it should be setup to have the take all command to disappear the body. You can always make the loot stay open longer. Imagine your killing 5-6 warbots, by the time you get to the first, you better be a quick one.

5 minutes? thats stupid.

Seraphin[69]
19-12-06, 11:19
5 minutes? thats stupid.

And that's also stupid to spawn bugged mobs ingame

SizZLeR
19-12-06, 11:24
5 mins may be a little too long if u r in a crowded area, but i agree that the mobs shd definately!

Maybe have the lower mobs stay longer the higher the lvl mob? So that a 120/120 which doesnt spawn like 5-10 in the same zone at the same time, stay for several minutes and then decrease the time to match the lvl of the mob?

If we imagine that every launcher at mb bunker shd stay for 5 mins after being killed, ppl would for sure whine about the spawning being too slow out there, and if the spawnrate doesnt decrease, then im sure it could cause client- and/or serverlag.. :(

rob444
20-12-06, 14:21
Give us a /resync command to resync with the server so we dont have to deal with relogs.

unreal
20-12-06, 15:14
Aye. I said the very same thing some time ago. Would be an overwhelming use to everyone who plays the game, it would be nice if the resync was done automatically as well to save us the bother of typing it all the time.

Glok
20-12-06, 16:22
Give us a /resync command to resync with the server so we dont have to deal with relogs.Yes! :)

As far as mob despawn, I haven't found it to be much of a problem except in the case of having to relog. 2 warbots killed then hacked is no problem, and most of the time I get away with doing 3. Non-hack mobs shouldn't be any problem at all so...

Heavyporker
21-12-06, 23:43
KK, seriously... I'm going to fly to Germany and taser your asses if I lose another potential carcass to that damn 00:00 or another obligatory relog to find the true position of a hoverbot to hack!

Seriously.

I'll get all Macguyver and make a taser out of a disposable camera with flash and three D-cell batteries and a couple aluminzed gum wrappers!

Chimp
22-12-06, 18:56
Play a different game because they wont fix it.. been here since beta

Kierz
22-12-06, 20:02
Give us a /resync command to resync with the server so we dont have to deal with relogs.would be nice if they changed the alt f4 function to do this instead of the countdown (alt f4 is changed in 2.2 if ya dunno yet) ;]