PDA

View Full Version : Neocron stability issues (BSOD)

Phantium
18-12-06, 21:41
Every day it happens again, sometimes it happens in like 10 minutes till my whole computer freezes up with a painful sound in my ear and then the BSOD comes into view...

I only have this with neocron, other games run fine.

The error code I get is as follows:
STOP: 0x00000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

I'm really sick of this and want it to stop, I'm surely not the first person to have this problem.

My computer specifications:
Motherboard: A8N-SLI DELUXE
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 processor 4000+
Memory OCZ4001024ELP - 2 chips of 1024 mb.
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256mb

Running windows xp pro sp 2 english, directx 9.0c.

Let me know if you need any other information...

Dxdiag file:
http://www.phantium.com/DxDiag.txt
Lavalys:
http://www.phantium.com/Report.htm

CMaster
18-12-06, 21:46
Tried a memory test?

Phantium
18-12-06, 21:49
I haven't yet, I'd need to find my ultimate boot cd... my laptop is currently busted so I either have to install my dvd burner that arrived 2 days ago after RMA... or find another pc to burn it on.

However, I doubt it is my memory though.

rob444
18-12-06, 21:59
Bluescreen don't say anything else?

Phantium
18-12-06, 22:14
Bluescreen don't say anything else?

Yeah it did but I forgot. :) hehe I was too angered and hit my reset button as soon as I wrote down the stop code..

I'll reply here again if it happens again. I'll run it in fullscreen so it happens, since it doesn't happen as much in windowed mode.

a4nic8er
18-12-06, 23:04
I have never had a BSOD in XP. Had lots of FREs in NC. Had a few BSODs in Win98 - almost always hardware issues.

I would run MemTest86 and, if that didn't find fault, I would suspect a sound card memory, video card memory, or hard drive.

Phantium
18-12-06, 23:09
Yeah I'm guessing it's my soundcard because it makes a painful sound when it crashes and stays.... like popping... it hurts.

rob444
18-12-06, 23:57
If you suspect it's your soundcard it's possible there's a conflict with the hardware (doubt it unless you have an onboard + internal soundcard). But what you could try is changing the hardware acceleration for the soundcard (Controlpanel>Sounds and Multimedia>Performance [TAB]) - decrease it one tick, if you still get a bluescreen, try decreasing it to minimum and then give it a shot.

Brammers
19-12-06, 03:48
That system is very similar to mine - A8N-E and I'm using the onboard soundcard, and crossair matched memory. Not seen a BSOD for a very long time.

Some other causes of BSOD.

1. Dodgy PSU (How many watts is your current PSU?)
2. Bad cooling, and something overheating.
3. Checked for any viruses?

landofcake
19-12-06, 04:01
Yeah I'm guessing it's my soundcard because it makes a painful sound when it crashes and stays.... like popping... it hurts.

That doesn't nessicarily mean it's the sound card ...

I've had similar symptoms on a few occasions. It turns out that the molex connector plugged into my graphics card was dodgy.

Pantho
19-12-06, 04:09
Ive only seen this happen twice -

1 Memory RAM error - Change a stick see what happens -

1 sound

Can happen with Video as well tho, i think

Phantium
19-12-06, 11:20
1. Dodgy PSU (How many watts is your current PSU?)
2. Bad cooling, and something overheating.
3. Checked for any viruses?

The PSU should be fine, it's 450 Watts I believe. My computer is very stable, except with Neocron... so it's not just something like that.

My cooling is good too, I checked all my temperatures. My system runs very cool.

I'm using McAfee Enterprise virusscan so that shouldn't be the issue either. :)

I have yet to crash again, yesterday I built my dvd burner back into my computer again... and I haven't been crashing so far.. weird? or just pure luck? we'll see I guess.

Brammers
19-12-06, 13:24
yet to crash again, yesterday I built my dvd burner back into my computer again... and I haven't been crashing so far.. weird? or just pure luck? we'll see I guess.

Oddness... although one thing I didn't think of until now was drivers. IIRC, Soundblaster have a bit of a bad reputation for buggy drivers and slow updates.

Brammers
19-12-06, 13:24
yet to crash again, yesterday I built my dvd burner back into my computer again... and I haven't been crashing so far.. weird? or just pure luck? we'll see I guess.

Oddness... although one thing I didn't think of until now was drivers. IIRC, Soundblaster have a bit of a bad reputation for buggy drivers and slow updates.

I'm guessing everything is all upto date on the driver side of things.

Mighty Max
19-12-06, 13:54
The error code I get is as follows:
STOP: 0x00000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

Google reveals:

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
(Click to consult the online MSDN Advice (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1252.asp).)
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

:edit: I Searched further (AMD specs):
The first Param: MCTR: D/C - Bit(2) - Data or Code Cycle Failed
The second Param: MCAR: Address of the failure: 0x80545ff0 is kernel space

Meaning that either the level one caches (data or code) got a problem, or the decoding of instructions. Please check the temperature and frequency settings ones again

Phantium
19-12-06, 15:21
Yeah I got that far Mighty Max but it didn't help me much really.

Mighty Max
19-12-06, 16:55
If you are sure that there is no special reason for the failure, i just think there is nothing you can do about it. Whatever hardwarepart causes this, it is dieing.

Rob01m
20-12-06, 04:11
Post all of your memory timings and settings. That's what I'm leaning toward.

Phantium
20-12-06, 17:38
I have my memory settings all set to default, I never touch that stuff unless I really need to do so.

I haven't been crashing anymore at all since I built in my dvd burner again... my guess still is that windows was somehow making my computer crash because it wasn't there. Call me crazy, but I only get fatals now.

kane
20-12-06, 21:43
sweet

Phantium
21-12-06, 15:15
Today my computer froze up again... I don't believe it's really my computer but more like a stability issue with neocron.