PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Op fighting on terra

Tyler_Durdon
18-12-06, 20:43
Moin,
what would you think about improving the pvp / op waring on terra ? At the moment it’s bleak with only 2-3 clans holding ops. One won’t be attacked because they used to defend with a high amount of players (- if they are online at all) -others aren’t online because of the diferent timezones.
If you look at the forum it seems like there are a few more people - or even clans- who are willing to join Opfighting but most won’t accept to start a war with an allied faction or even count as a “ninja hacker”. Therefore we should think about this situation and what we can do to change it.

In nowadays FF ( - if you look at the CityCom they aren’t that active than they used to be) holds 85% of the whole map. Why isn’t it possible to give some ops to Clans like DOY, Phoenix or that new BD Clan - or to any clan which active at the moment. Won’t that make things hum for those who are still playing ?

Even smaller clans would get in touch with op fights - appart from joing a big zerg team - and would have more fun playing this game.

What do you guys think about it ?
And what are your ideas ?

Greetings

Tyler Durdon / R2k -UA Diplomat

L0KI
19-12-06, 00:26
I think its a good idea personally, but i doubt very much FF will agree to it.

-FF- to us at the minute are too much, and too many. We need to grow as a clan to think about evening the map out.

We have had some good fights with R2K so far - and id like the chance to fight against a few other slightly smaller clans than FF!

Good Fights by the way - we will keep em coming ;)

DX-Defender
19-12-06, 00:43
Well thats one of the main reasons i started the new BD clan LUST.. looking at the op screen everyday i laugh a lil inside cos FF always owns 80-90% of the map and noone ever attacks them.. BUT getting people to move to BD to fight has been rough. if we had a couple more hackers we could start fighting FF and SXR/BlooD right now, but atm its rather pointless since we can only hack 2 layers of the op then wait for the fight..

I never planned on making this clan just so it could flop a month later, i want to see BD back on the map and i want to see more op wars and pvp going on in places OTHER than MB zoneline.. So those of you who want pvp and have the ability to move to BD should go ahead and contact me or ANYONE online in the clan and let me know what you need to get moved over.. we get a couple more people and we will be op warring everyday.

GOD OF HELL
19-12-06, 10:41
HOLY SHIT. I felt like when I started reading someone was going to come up with a brilliant idea. I read and didn't see it but, luckily the idea came to mind.

WHY NOT have organized OP wars. Now, back in NC1 that was just a stupid thing to say, let alone do. Now, people BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH about how people have ninja hackers, a certain clan won't fight, people log off, time zone difference, cry cry, emo emo, /end rant.

We can change this by organizing fights. Maybe have clan leaders of different clans setup times to fight. There is a few time times now you find a good fight OP war wise. Maybe 1 a week and usually it's between FF/(Pro clan) sometimes. Why not actually have it where people log on, get ready, and have fun OP fights where people are ready and stuff can be prepared.

Then, we may be able to see some good fights and start to enjoy the mainly dead PvP that is now. Any GOOD (sorry DJ) pvpers have any output on this outside flaming more then you already do?

Mishakal
19-12-06, 15:19
geez goh may actually have made some sense there :S (apart from the dj remark and the fact that only good pvp'ers would have good suggestions)

Maybe organising would be the way to go, although I think it will only work amongst those clans looking for a good fun pvp match. Some will take it as such and bring comparable numbers etc looking for a good nite's pvp. However you will have some who will just use the "warning" to pull as many people (of course the other side can retaliate by using time to pull on allies but they u start heading into the "bigger clans only" thing we had on uranus a lot of the time.

I've not done many op fights myself, mostly just when we took sieger for a while at the end of uranus, we found the better fights were when we went for times the other side had similar numbres or we'd arranged ahead of time (ok we didn't give much warning, maybe an hour at most but it gave people time to get sorted gear wise etc maybe get one or 2 more on)

Faid
20-12-06, 03:53
OP fighting comes down to the people in the Clans who are fighting - A lot of those times the people are asshats and dont want to fight only to take an OP. Thats why people Barrel UG's, Paraspam everyone and Zerg. And EVERY Clan is guilty of this at one point or another. There need to be general agreements throughout the OP fighting Clans, which unfortunately usually dont last more than a few days due to the people and the way things escalate out of control in this game. This is a very difficult thing to accomplish, but at least you're trying.

cl0wn
20-12-06, 04:22
DoY did hold ops but every time we loged on the next morning they would get ninja'd we used to have 6 ops 20 mins after we got em and some loged off we would usually get DR AD zerg us when we had like 3-4 people on. So doy just stoped op fighting because of that usually we would fight dr and they would exploit n such to win so we just stoped op fighting.

Now days its ninja hacking n'shit so is it really worth op fighting when you get ninja'd soon after?

unreal
20-12-06, 07:03
Faid pretty much said everything for me, and clown mentioned the evident ninja hacking situation.
OP fighting comes down to the people in the Clans who are fighting - A lot of those times the people are asshats and dont want to fight only to take an OP. Thats why people Barrel UG's, Paraspam everyone and Zerg.The same sort of agreements for OP wars have been made before, only for some gimp to start the cogs turning all over again. That's where the problem lies. The community isn't going to change to make things more fun for everyone, or it would have happened already. There needs to be a forced change by Reakktor, though it won't happen because most people clearly enjoy killing people with effortless and dull methods, or they wouldn't do it in the first place. So the thing to note here is it's not just the devastating bugs that kill the game, if anything they would be just a minor deterrent, it's the community choosing to play and react to the game the way they do that causes the most damage.

Just think of how better things would be without UG Barrel and Para zerging. With the amount of drugflash you get without taking anti-drugs (which appears to have been made even worse on the test server now), I just go back to TH and log off if I get parashocked. I can't be arsed wasting my time getting killed with absolutely no effort from whoever is shooting me because I'm running at snail pace, typically while damage boosted. People then complain why they have a decreasing amount of people left to kill, and end up humping the MB zone line to kill allies and all as a last resort (which brings us round to the recent rule announcement that killing NPC's to regain SL is exploiting). It's funny how it's only now that those people see why this is happening and are trying to put a stop to it.

Pantho
20-12-06, 07:15
Same as unreal :) -

Also, if any small clans get a OP it is instantly zerged- Ill use Skullcult as a BAD example, because they was hated-

But when we had Death row / R2K / FF / DoY Zerg our op, it was quite amusing -

And sorry, Tyler durdon, of R2K -

R2K ninja hacked 2 SXR ops this week, while people was either asleep, or on the test server -

R2K Are some of the worst for Ninja hacking atm, but damit tyler, your one fun clan to fight-

Ive never had as much fun, fighting R2K - nice fair fights when they get going. Not to much para, or monks - nicely spread -

Love fighting R2K :)

Zheo
20-12-06, 08:44
Same as unreal :) -

Also, if any small clans get a OP it is instantly zerged- Ill use Skullcult as a BAD example, because they was hated-

Skullcult got zerged cos they where a bunch of arsehats and everyone hated them thus it was hard to decide which people should get to kick their arsed each day.

----

Yes I do agree op fights should be fun! However, DOY tried very hard to get NC clans to agree to op fights that where fair, however whenever they lost they bitched, then either zerg'd or ninja'd, which is always fun! TBH If you want a fair op fight, then you've gotta be mates with the clan your fighting so they agree to "house rules".

Anyways enough said about that.

solling
24-12-06, 12:09
FF would be more then wiling to give out some ops to other anti clans , we own to many alrdy as pointed out and dont need so many, so any anti clan who would like ops plz dm any FF online na d we will get back to u as soon as possible :)

as pointed out city people can fight for their ops we dont have that many online in the christmas month people having real lives stydying for examens etc and we would welcome some fights :p