PDA

View Full Version : NC2 - Community Wallpaper Contest

Chenoa
18-12-06, 18:17
We are having a community wallpaper contest.
The requirements to take part in this contest are:
- 1024x768 is the maximum size of the picture.
- Must be in .jpg format.
- It must be Neocron 2 based, it should be 100% recognizable, that it is a Neocron2 Wallpaper.
- It’s allowed to edit the screen or wallpaper with any graphic programs.
- No invented/wrong stuff or persons in the wallpaper.

Deadline: 27 Jan 2007
Send in your wallpaper to contest@reakktor.info with your character name, account name and server.

Maximum of 3 wallpapers per person allowed!

The wallpapers will be announced on a special webpage and will be voted for by the community.

The best 3 wallpapers will be shown on the webpages of Neocron 2 in the download section.

Prizes will be given out in-game and announced here in this thread ASAP.

-=Jismo=-
19-12-06, 12:51
0-o chenoa looks like ur spellings a bit rusty
'prices'
i think u mean prizes :P

Heavyporker
19-12-06, 21:08
Uhhh.... Chenoa...

What do you mean by "invented/wrong" stuff?

Mc.Neill
19-12-06, 22:24
Chenoa meant something like -> NO FLYING TANKS or TANKS THAT CAN REZZ ^^ e.g. :P

mccaff
20-12-06, 01:48
- No invented/wrong stuff or persons in the wallpaper.

Just to confirm does this include things like making your own background for the wallpaper by hand.

Or is it just meaning things like don't put models from other games / make your own models and put them in the wallpaper?

Because the one I am making has a fully hand-made background (which is 100% neocron related) and I'd rather find out if it's going to disqualify my submission ASAP so I can stop doing it if it does :p

For example check this (http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/wallpapers/sintwar3.jpg) wallpaper (not done by me), would the orange squares count as "invented/wrong"?

Pantho
20-12-06, 07:24
Mcaff, no

I think she ment that this is going to be used for external adverts -

So NO! Incorrect items, suck at Tanks rezzing,

Spies using holy lightning and Devils grace-

etc etc etc

Weapons like a M4... AK you can have :p -

Because of Ceres woc rifle -

But yea, no incorrect items. Only items that are ingame, or monsters / charecter models form ingame -

Also, any model from ingame- No models from other games, ie - WoW :/

Chenoa
20-12-06, 10:35
No, its a contest of Neocron 2 wallpapers of the Community and it should really based on NC2. Means: no foreign rooms, furnitures, peoples, monsters etc... the screen, picture or sth like this should be really of Neocron2.

unreal
20-12-06, 15:11
So it's a Screenshot Contest then but with added text and such? Wallpapers are usually random and fun but still carry on with the general theme of things. I guess I won't be able to attach a Spice Girls CD to Ashley Watt's hand the way he SHOULD be in-game because that item doesn't exist (yet *cough*)? :lol:

PS. Just kidding Ass Wart, I know you prefer David Hasslehoff. :D

Chenoa
20-12-06, 23:35
In the ger forums was asked for 1280x1024 and .*png too.
I would accept this, although i wanted all in the same size. But itīs ok , if the PNG isnt bigger than as a simple JPG.

mccaff
21-12-06, 01:23
In the ger forums was asked for 1280x1024 and .*png too.
I would accept this, although i wanted all in the same size. But itīs ok , if the PNG isnt bigger than as a simple JPG.

Dammit! I made the whole background by hand and hated the fact that it was only 1024*768.

It would take so much effort to resize / remake, but I'd love the extra room.

QuakCow
21-12-06, 03:03
hah, ive a few nc wallpapers i made a while back...might come back for 2.2 and to enter this! :lol:

what the...dang...my sig is brokzorz...curse ye, internet explorer!

Apocalypsox
21-12-06, 03:35
Long time no see Quak! Come back anyways ya lazy bumz0rz

Hmmm...I think i will use Dark Metal i mine.

vices
22-12-06, 09:59
Sooooo... 1280x1024 .PNG is allowed? M I RITE?

Heavyporker
22-12-06, 12:28
Chenoa... I've been agonizing over this...

Is drawn imagery permitted? Or is this basically a contest to find the best screenshot ingame to use as a wallpaper?

mccaff
22-12-06, 20:03
Chenoa... I've been agonizing over this...

Is drawn imagery permitted? Or is this basically a contest to find the best screenshot ingame to use as a wallpaper?

I'm curious about this too.

At one point I considered a wood texture as a background, and having a selection of "polaroids" on the table showing someones holiday to Neocron City (all with descriptions in a handwriting-like font on the bottom of the pics).

Would this be allowed having a totally un-NC background, polaroids which aren't in use in NC (or not public knowledge anyway), etc?

It's an idea I have abandoned so feel free to steal it (aimed at anyone, not the quotee above :p)

Pantho
23-12-06, 04:53
Like is said before, i think there meaning incorrect, as in mis-leading

For instance... a drawing of a monk using a spell is fine, a drawing of them using a Slasher , might be abit....

mccaff
23-12-06, 14:17

What a player thinks doesn't effect the rules at all.

ZoVoS
23-12-06, 20:09

For instance... a drawing of a monk using a spell is fine, a drawing of them using a Slasher , might be abit....

i think they mean things that are not in nc... no wallpaper of a tank sitting in a jaguar =]

that said :D look at there own box cover with the gal dual weilding her guns =]

Heavyporker
28-12-06, 00:40
That reminds me.

Tell me that one of the prizes is to get an image of your choice put ingame as a holosign!!!!

mccaff
28-12-06, 20:17
That reminds me.

Tell me that one of the prizes is to get an image of your choice put ingame as a holosign!!!!

I'd rather have something like a Mercs Dream :p

What... the Belt of Zargerus was unattainable and was spawned... I can dream can't I?

Omnituens
02-01-07, 01:25
if a prize was "have your character name changed and have your NC1 model back" i would return to NC like a shot.

If i won.

Heavyporker
02-01-07, 01:30
Mah!!! Your prize ideas suck!

I want a holosign!

Heavyporker
21-01-07, 22:08
Anyone got any wallpapers done so far?

My first one is shaping up decently.

mccaff
22-01-07, 01:20
I have one finished, debating doing more.

Heavyporker
22-01-07, 01:28
I'm going to try hard to do three wallpapers.

Mc.Neill
22-01-07, 15:59
Maybe I'll give a try if u want me to :P

Heavyporker
22-01-07, 16:14
No, no, don't.

IF Chenoa's giving out trophies for this, then I wanna win first place, try to get a cavespider queen or copbot.... or stormbot...*drool*.

I wouldn't complain at getting a bat trophy either.

Mc.Neill
22-01-07, 17:35
Are trophys really worth it ? xD

Faid
22-01-07, 17:38
They are when they dont drop in game like they're supposed to :rolleyes:

Mc.Neill
22-01-07, 17:41
But then I see a patch can make emm worthless again xD ^^ :D :D :D

mccaff
22-01-07, 20:19
Are trophys really worth it ? xD

I'd much rather have a Mercs Dream. It's equally unattainable, but useful too!

Though 2.2 has a rare gat rifle so it could become worthless then.

Heavyporker
22-01-07, 21:54
What I'd kill for is to see/get the rumored DRE Faction Loyalty Reward Apartment.

I mean, if it's an unique apartment unlike any other apartment in Neocron City... then that'd pwn all, frankly.

Unless it's a *slightly* fancier version of the DRE Epic Apartment, then the killing I'm doing will be against KK staff. ^ ^

Chenoa
24-01-07, 09:36
Donīt forget the deadline - 3 days left!

mccaff
24-01-07, 19:55
Prizes will be given out in-game and announced here in this thread ASAP.

Since the prizes will be announces "ASAP", can they be announced yet?

mccaff
26-01-07, 19:57
Since the deadline day is only 6 hours hours away GMT (Though I assume KK will be running on CET?) any chance of knowing what the prizes will be yet?

Heavyporker
27-01-07, 00:28
Wait, what?

You mean on the *start* of Saturday 27th or does it mean until end of Saturday 27th?

Well, crap, count me out. I planned on finishing the detailing on the first wallpaper and contemplated inking the second but if you mean Start of Saturday, then that's 34 minutes away. Definitely no fucking chance for me, I just got home from work and classes and personal experience tells me that both detailing work and inking work takes a lot more than 34 minutes.

I guess I'll just turn in the pencil work on the first one. Maybe second one too. Hell, I'll probably throw in a really old piece just to live up to my boast of 3 submitted works.

*sobs*

Fuck me.

mccaff
27-01-07, 02:05
Wait, what?

You mean on the *start* of Saturday 27th or does it mean until end of Saturday 27th?

Well, crap, count me out. I planned on finishing the detailing on the first wallpaper and contemplated inking the second but if you mean Start of Saturday, then that's 34 minutes away. Definitely no fucking chance for me, I just got home from work and classes and personal experience tells me that both detailing work and inking work takes a lot more than 34 minutes.

I guess I'll just turn in the pencil work on the first one. Maybe second one too. Hell, I'll probably throw in a really old piece just to live up to my boast of 3 submitted works.

*sobs*

Fuck me.

I would imagine end of the day, that's why i said "deadline day" not just "deadline".

Heavyporker
27-01-07, 03:41
To cover my bets, I submitted three pencil drawings.

If deadline is end of day, I *may* be able to submit the finished first wallpaper and a seriously tweaked third wallpaper. The second one is debatable.

mccaff
28-01-07, 02:51
Deadline done.. Can we be told the prizes yet?

Heavyporker
28-01-07, 03:11
I put up my wallpapers for critiquing (not voting or whatever) on the Neocron AnoIB.

Seemed to make sense since the RolePlay forum didn't seem right for this.

Anyways, I'm rather surprised at my pencil skills, they've improved considerably since the old days. First one is newest, second is somewhat old, and third is *really* old.

gamefreak
28-01-07, 10:20
AnoIB
:wtf:

(link plz)

vices
28-01-07, 11:29
http://www.anonib.com/neocron/

Chenoa
28-01-07, 14:12
ended

/closed