PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Firefly the game.

a4nic8er
17-12-06, 02:58
Recent announcements that the cancelled sci-fi series is to be made into a MMORPG.
"We want to find someone who wants to do something unique and fun and interesting, not just a re-skin of World of Warcraft or Star Wars Galaxies," Bridges says. http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72263-0.html
http://www.multiverse.net/press/pr20061207.jsp?cid=6&scid=9

I for one will be keeping an eye out for the beta of this.

Hell-demon
17-12-06, 13:53
Yeah I heard about this and I got a boner.

Also White Wolf are making a world of darkness MMORPG :D

Dogface
17-12-06, 14:42
What the hell was firefly? o_O

Dribble Joy
17-12-06, 15:37
What the hell was firefly? o_O
Slightly underground scifi series, the film Serenity was the follow on from it.

Heavyporker
17-12-06, 19:55
Dogface, you troglodyte, go buy the Firefly series DVD set.

Apocalypsox
17-12-06, 20:28
ohhh.....OHHHHHH.....

Score. I hope it doesnt suck ass or is a clicky game like WoW.

unreal
17-12-06, 21:10
Slightly underground scifi series, the film Serenity was the follow on from it.Aye. The show got axed so they managed to get a film done to carry it on a bit further. I liked the general storyline but would have preferred better script writing while leaving out those dull cheap gags. It just made it overly boring and annoying for me to watch, and quickly reminded me of that terrible Andromeda series. If only they had gone down the Stargate/Star Trek route and made things a bit more serious. I guess they made it the way they did because it was targetted mainly at an American/Canadian audience.

But a game though, that's definitely worth dabbling at. Sounds fun. :)

Mishakal
18-12-06, 11:42
heh the sense of humor really livened things up, and I dont think it was included because of the audience it was targeted at. It's just Joss Whedon's style

rob444
18-12-06, 15:16
Hmm first time I read about it they said it was going to BE a mix between Starwars galaxies and some other mmorpg (everquest perhaps?) and then they say it's not going to be a re-skin of WoW/SWG? ^^