PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Custom H.U.D. Contest: Updated R.P.O.S. files

SnowCrash
13-12-06, 16:32
During the course of the Neocron Evolution 2.2. balancing project, some H.U.D. window areas have been altered. To adjust your H.U.D.s for the Custom H.U.D. contest the R.P.O.S. data package (http://ng.neocron.com/fileadmin/nc21_downloads/NEOCRON2_ORIGINAL_RPOS_FILES_updated.rar) has been updated. Following files are of concern:

- rpos_02.bmp
- rpos_02a.bmp
- rpos_armor1.bmp
- rpos_armor1a.bmp

Jodo
13-12-06, 16:48
So does this mean 2.2 will be definitely be released by the time the competition ends?

Brammers
13-12-06, 17:06
Ok I've must have missed something on Test Server. I know the armour window has changed, but what has changed on rpos_02.bmp?

Amox
13-12-06, 17:21
useless things

- money & sl moved about 0.5 cm to the left
- hlt stam psi numbers a bit moved not really sure about

:mad:

james_finn
13-12-06, 17:27
useless things

:mad:

Agh so that means all the hours of work ive put into getting the new HUD design for the money etc is now wrong...

SnowCrash
13-12-06, 17:29
So does this mean 2.2 will be definitely be released by the time the competition ends?

No.

Agh so that means all the hours of work ive put into getting the new HUD design for the money etc is now wrong...

You can already prepare an Evolution 2.2. adjusted H.U.D. which can be used when it gets released. Just submit your current H.U.D. and keep the adjusted version handy for the release of Evolution 2.2.

Hoder
13-12-06, 17:39
useless things

:mad:Far from useless... the larger rpos area there had to accommodate possible 4 figure numbers for health. Previously 595/595 was the max, so now that some chars could have 1,000/1,000 or more, the digits simply wouldn't fit unless the RPOS was enlarged in this area.

Jodo
13-12-06, 18:21
Just submit your current H.U.D. and keep the adjusted version handy for the release of Evolution 2.2.

Ah, so we can still enter and win the competition with the current HUD then? I thought you were saying we had to use the 2.2 RPOS to enter, or can we enter both or either?

To adjust your H.U.D.s for the Custom H.U.D. contest the R.P.O.S. data package (http://ng.neocron.com/fileadmin/nc21_downloads/NEOCRON2_ORIGINAL_RPOS_FILES_updated.rar) has been updated.

RogerRamjet
13-12-06, 18:49
I just want to ask, what programs are people using to edit the RPOS.

It'd give me something constructive to do, and I think I could do a pretty good one.

unreal
13-12-06, 19:06
Adobe Photoshop > All. :)

Jodo
13-12-06, 20:01
Yeah, Photoshop is always a good program, but you can do it easily on Paint. There's nothing fancy to it and the entire thing is based on a black to white scale. You will need to test it before you enter it into the competition though as some bits are slightly confusing. Preferably, test it after redesigning each bitmap as you can go back and tweak it, as you'll most likely need to.

Pantho
14-12-06, 17:27
Yeah, Photoshop is always a good program, but you can do it easily on Paint. There's nothing fancy to it and the entire thing is based on a black to white scale. You will need to test it before you enter it into the competition though as some bits are slightly confusing. Preferably, test it after redesigning each bitmap as you can go back and tweak it, as you'll most likely need to.

and save EACH time you edit anything -

i spent 4 hours on mine, then changed it... ctrl+s load NC..

SHIT!

couldnt repair it, no matter what i tried