PDA

View Full Version : [TECH] VISTA (build 6000) + Geforce 7950GX2 + Neocron = ?

Seraphin[69]
12-12-06, 18:54
Just to let you know guys...

Vista + Geforce 7950GX2 + Neocron + DX9 driver = bugs.

I can't tell if it's related to the video drivers or vista and DX10 yet but I'll try to figure it out.

The game works in DX7 but hell... 42 FPS on a 700$ card is a joke ^^

I think I'll ghost my vista and reinstall XP SP2 right away ^^

boreal
12-12-06, 19:34
ok, both of your card don't make the game whit bug (i know, my cousin got the same video card as you in sli mode + got a dual core) and he run so smooth, he can run 5 NC2 whitout crash (and about 10 lineage 2 and other crap !!)

so it sure is vista,,,, or at least it make me think that

Seraphin[69]
12-12-06, 19:38
It ran fine with Windows XP SP2 I'm talking about vista for those who plan to upgrade soon ;)

It works fine in window mode tho

Heavyporker
12-12-06, 19:43
I hate you all.

Capitalist consumerist bitches.

Grrrr.

BaDDaSS
13-12-06, 05:57
Rar, why are all these people installing buggy un-released Operating Systems, then complaining when shit fucks up?

:/

StevenJ
13-12-06, 06:30
Rar, why are all these people installing buggy un-released Operating Systems, then complaining when shit fucks up?
:/

The released version of Vista Business works fine for me, aside from the fact the network tunnel I patched together to play NC doesn't work any more - but given I have about 4 days to do a tonne of work, then I'm home for the hols that's a blessing in disguise and not a problem. I haven't tried to fix it yet.

But other games run just fine just using a Geforce 6600. I notice no difference between my computer's performance now and when I was running XP - if anything, this comp slows down less under strain.

I hate you all.

Capitalist consumerist bitches.

Grrrr.

Mine was free :angel:

Apocalypsox
13-12-06, 06:51
Signed porker. I hate rich people. (People richer than me atleast)

(Is running a 6 year old PC with only a videocard upgrade. Aint too rich.)

SizZLeR
13-12-06, 09:52
I think WinXP had been out for around 6 months before i started to use it and it bluescreened a lot, then SP1 came and i didnt xp bluescreens no more.

However, there had been patches and shit out before SP1 i can just imagine what a bunch of bugs and compatibility issues there mustve been when it was released..

Therefore i tend to wait some time to get get Vista after its released, simply because i think that a lot of my apps will not run properly or maybe not run at all under Vista until some patches and fixes have been released.

Whether the blame goes to the app im running or Vista itself doesnt matter, what i as a consumer care about is, whether the stuff runs or not.

However im excited to see what Vista is like, so i might install it onto its own partition just to see if it really works when it goes final. :D

Seraphin[69]
17-12-06, 12:01
Little update :

With the 97.34 beta Vista driver everything is fine again.

The issue was driver's related.

Darq[Terra]
18-12-06, 10:08
']Little update :

With the 97.34 beta Vista driver everything is fine again.

The issue was driver's related.

I rebuilt my main system this past week with a similar setup and also had problems launching NC under Vista 64. I was using the latest off Nvidia's site, but apparently I need to go elsewhere. :)

Update: Got them off Guru 3D (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1527)

If anyone else needs them. the x86 and 64 drivers are together in one download.