PDA

View Full Version : Download mirror not working

Doc Holliday
12-12-06, 06:39
To the mods. The official download mirror on domeofyork.com might be corrupted. i downloaded it last night this morning and when i went to run an install it came back saying corrupt files and wouldnt open. i figure you would need to know this due to the 2.2 testing and people needing to get a new client possibly. It could be a 1 off incident and something went fubar on my end but i thought it worth posting. wasnt sure who to inform via email either so im doing it here.

thanks ;)

Dont try and get any +1s forum whores :)

Doc Holliday
12-12-06, 18:25
ok. ive tried a second mirror and it still said the file is corrupted. does anyone have a definite certified mirror that works. im stuck here a tad as most isps in australia have a download limit and im scared to go over mine and have the net access capped at a certain speed. i tried one us west coast one and the official one. both times they came back corrupt. please help.

Mishakal
12-12-06, 18:48
did you download the "complete" file or the bit-parts one? i had to reinstall 3 days ago and got the bit parts off of dome of york and installation went fine

failing anything else doc, if u find a mirror but ur not certain i'll download from it and check it works then let you know so you dont risk ur limit

numb
12-12-06, 23:38
It didnt work for me from domeofyork.com before either (and all the other mirrors were painfully slow). I had to get a link to it from the forum. Not really the best for new customers (I think it took me about 6hours to download it from DomeOfYork.com and didnt fancy doing the same again incase it was another corrupt install).

edit: this is the link to the decent mirror : http://ultimate-hq.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

Brammers
13-12-06, 00:02
I downloaded the full 2.1 client from the Dome of York mirror yesterday. I've just installed and patched it succesfully. I've also done a file check as well, no errors found.

Your best bet is to download the RARS, and check the MD5 sums.

Doc Holliday
13-12-06, 03:10
Mish. thanks mate your a star. i think im going down the ebay route to buy a copy possibly.

Numb, same. ive tried one of the us mirrors and it was wicked but it was corrupt. im tryin to use 4player.de but its slow. i figured this was distance though.

brammers. erm, it was the full install i tried. i dont know what the md5 part is though. maybe the rars woulda been a better idea but im not sure at mo whether i dare risk it :( stupid aussie isps :S

Asurmen Spec Op
13-12-06, 03:17
To the mods. The official download mirror on domeofyork.com might be corrupted. i downloaded it last night this morning and when i went to run an install it came back saying corrupt files and wouldnt open. i figure you would need to know this due to the 2.2 testing and people needing to get a new client possibly. It could be a 1 off incident and something went fubar on my end but i thought it worth posting. wasnt sure who to inform via email either so im doing it here.

thanks ;)

Dont try and get any +1s forum whores :)
I downloaded it from DoY the same time you did and it worked fine for me...

tarasm
13-12-06, 03:35
I downloaded it off DOY and it was corrupted..I downloaded it off there like 6 times...Later I found out it is faulty internet..If u lose internet for even a mill of a sec it will be courrpted..SO i went ti fileplanet and used Download manager and it worked

Asurmen Spec Op
13-12-06, 05:59
I used some shitty free download manager and my power died half way and restarted a-ok

William Antrim
15-12-06, 13:58
Mish. thanks mate your a star. i think im going down the ebay route to buy a copy possibly.

Numb, same. ive tried one of the us mirrors and it was wicked but it was corrupt. im tryin to use 4player.de but its slow. i figured this was distance though.

brammers. erm, it was the full install i tried. i dont know what the md5 part is though. maybe the rars woulda been a better idea but im not sure at mo whether i dare risk it :( stupid aussie isps :S

i downloaded it from 4player.de and got a corrupted download as well. I installed it onto 2 harddrives however and both copies run fine after patching and filefix wotsit in the launcher.

+1 ^^

Doc Holliday
15-12-06, 16:03
ebay for the win. had to buy a copy of the game. maybe its my wireless connection and maybe aussie isps just suck. they are behind on the rest of the world for sure but its on its way.