PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 Not good

tarasm
12-12-06, 01:18
After I saw the test server I started thinking if neocron 2.2 was good....

Later that day I found out that all my imps are useless or close to useless and the past 2 years ive been getting all the imps and stuff will be gone..Neocron will be completly changed and it would be a completly diffrent game...I like the old neocron I played..So please considering some changes in neocron 2.2 so it will be more like neocron 2 and 2.1....

Anyone else think it would be better to not release 2.2??

Tratos
12-12-06, 01:21
You'll get used to it in time, just because it's different dont shoot it down in flames, when things get sorted this could potentially be the thing to turn Neocron around a bit in terms of playability and populations.

If it all goes tits up, then shoot it down in flames :p

Atleast you can test it and experience it, i cant even get on the test server due to my knackered machine :p

tarasm
12-12-06, 02:53
Its just that it wont be neocron any more because too much new stuff that will be implamentd...The names....Atleast they should keep the imp names..Right now it is just fuck......

If 2.2 gets implameted I will quit this game................

onero S
12-12-06, 03:38
Its just that it wont be neocron any more because too much new stuff that will be implamentd...The names....Atleast they should keep the imp names..Right now it is just fuck......

If 2.2 gets implameted I will quit this game................

You're going to quit because the names of things got changed? Tbh most of the new names are better, they just take some learning. Nc is not about the names of your imps.

Now what will make players quit if it stays are the nerfed runspeeds and retical closing times. But I could give a fuck less about the names of my stuff being swapped around.

Apocalypsox
12-12-06, 03:42
Four words. Shut the fuck up.

/ end_flame 1.

its a TEST SERVER, TEST SERVERS ARE BUILT TO TEST THINGS! FFS!!!!! they are TESTING how to set things up. If this was how they where going to leave it, wouldnt they just patch it in and say "Fuck you all no tresting!"?

Asurmen Spec Op
12-12-06, 08:21

Later that day I found out that all my imps are useless or close to useless and the past 2 years ive been getting all the imps and stuff will be gone..Neocron will be completly changed and it would be a completly diffrent game...I like the old neocron I played..So please considering some changes in neocron 2.2 so it will be more like neocron 2 and 2.1....

The changes KK really needs/needed to add couldnt just be eased in, it had to be a nice little shove.

They are allowing testing, which suprises and delights me. Test to the best you can, make some constructive posts where they belong. :)

jini
12-12-06, 10:25
For the time being, I have only one very fundamental complain:
Everything is like NC2.1 Slow motion. Its like watching some scenes with some added dramatization. Guns shoot slow, psi spells cast slow, reticles (except pistols) cast slow but runspeed is still fast. Very fast to match the above. Damage is very high: a runner can get killed by a couple of shots from a raygun or apu FA/HL

SizZLeR
12-12-06, 10:29
JINI: Regarding the slow thingy, i agree to that, but maybe itll change when we get able to cap the weps?

I tried the CS on a capped tank, put all the pts into HC and TC to cap it as much as possible and yet he only capped it as far as around 150% dmg and almost 200% aiming, the freq i didnt notice, but i assume he would be able to get around twice the freq if he could actually cap the wep and that would bring it to the "known" state of freq. ;)

Names of the items doesnt bother me either, actually i like the new stuff regarding armor, new types and also the addition which makes u able to wear a vest under your PA. :D (i always found it annoying that u couldnt wear anything under your PA)

Basically i like new stuff and i also like the deal with modding weps, that it takes the same amount of cst skill as the mod u wanna install, that prevents ppl from just modding their own weps without a major cost in skill pts when they need to higher tl mods installed.

That will contribute to make ppl depend on each other, unlike now where the classes r able to do solo runs, some more than others but basically everyone who can make a descent setup on his chr regardless of class are able to do just fine by himself.

I think its a step in the right direction, towards more RL like gameplay, where the different classes have certain VERY limited skills, like now where the tank cant gain PSI skill at all, and anyone with less than (is it 50 or 60 PSI?) cant wear an imp glove etc..

Then im not sure, but has it always been so that ATL affects melee dmg? I noticed when making a melee tank that ATL helped him cap the weps dmg and AGL increased the aiming, i know that AGL has always been affecting melee skill, but i never noticed the ATL thing before.

Jodo
12-12-06, 10:50
The test server is very promising imo. Yeah, it's a bit of a ball ache having to figure everything out and re-equip yourself but it's still Neocron. Bringing new items in as well as altering the old ones will certainly break any sense of monotony that may be felt. For me, the most fun part of this game was starting a new character and being a noob with no knowledge of the game at all. Now, I'll have to re-think my toons and rediscover all the items I'll need. I greatly look forward to 2.2 and it will be released (not in it's current state obviously), there's no "if's" about that.

Glok
12-12-06, 10:56
With all the new rares everyone is gonna be out hunting on 2.2 release too.. that aught to make things fun (pk squads, fights over hunting grounds.. gods, trading??)

I like the new stuff too, it's more complex (I like that though) but allows so much more variety. With the hitbox stuff I'm pretty sure there is no perfect setup, maybe people will get it in their heads there is, but I think it will come down to the player, which is great.

[TgR]KILLER
12-12-06, 11:01
i agree with the TS same way i feel.. spended years getting all the stuff the MC5 chips and the moveon and what not and its all gonna change so much half the crap is useless.. last time i checked retail its pretty dead cus everybody is on the TS now.. in 2 weeks my account runs out and there is no way in hell i gonna pay to just test their game.

imho KK just trew a big ass hammer on the whole game screwed everything up and then said ok we'r gonna release it lets see how it goes.

And tratos really your just like lore.. omg its all so cool and so good and this and that.. and just like lore you can't get on the test server so wtf you can't have an opinion about something you cant even play.

solling
12-12-06, 11:21
but u killer have an opinion about a game whos gonna be TESTED and is gonna be changed and prolly and hopefully not end up liek the game thats on the test server now. omg new names i gotta hunt i QUIT well sorry to say but i dont understand that at all, i Hope its gonna be good and i think so but i will wait and see til 2.2 is actually out and not whine til then thank u. :p

Tratos
12-12-06, 11:33
Wow, constructive argument Killer :eek:

I may not be able to play and i agree i can't have a full oppinion but i can still have one and at the moment that is that those who are opposed to change and even different names are just being incredibly childish and crying, bitching and whining over tiny little details just for something to cry about.

The game on the retail servers at the moment is pretty much screwed, with the current setup things are incredibly unbalanced and KK have presented a way to fix this and the only way to do that was a radical change in direction, this game has been becoming an increasing mess of code and inbalance for over 4 years now which is alot of time to simply put bandaids over problems. They've given it a go, asked our oppinions every step of the way even down to sub-skill basis they've even changed their ideas based on our feedback. Now KK have opened a test server for us to test these changes, given over a week dedicated to geting used to the servers new mechanics and fixing the things making testing difficult before testing can truly begin getting our feedback all the way.

It's been confirmed numerous times by various KK employees that the current state of balance is in no way the final step and values will be changed to meet our needs before this goes retail.

Now, i can ensure you i'm going to be called a fanboi for this post but it needed to be said, alot of the complaints are simply people being childish over names and changes which are in testing and in no way final. Grow up, post constructivly and actually test the damn game, present your findings, give proper break downs of these findings, propose alternative changes but for the love of crahn stop whining about tiny details like names and 'the time i've spent over the years, was a waste' - cry me a river and just adapt, funnily enough us humans can do that, that's why we're still here, these changes are for the greater good of the game, at the moment things need fixing still and thats what the server is for.

What would you prefer - 'The good old days of Neocron 1'? :rolleyes:

jini
12-12-06, 11:36
Me, I am not complaining about new stuff or setups or how to cap a weapon. I am complaining, because the new experience is NOT playing the game we used to play. And this is not because of the new weapons which tbh they are VERY cool. This is because now I'm playing in powerpoint slildeshow speeds. It's not a fast paced game anymore and this is amplified in extreme proportions because there are some guns that do HUGE damage, and some characters (pistol or melee PEs) that never die. The whole spirit behind evo2.2 was about balance, yet its even MORE unbalanced now :rolleyes:

Edit: as for the "Bandaid theory", I hear a lot about it these days. If their code was shitty with "bandaids" then they had almost a year to finally fix it. In the end they will get twice the populations with only the new content its in and a finally "fixed" codebase...

Tratos
12-12-06, 11:47
Exactly and that's constructive, there's a huge difference between "I think the game has been slowed down too much, the new weapons are good but damage and speed need to be equalled out" and "omfg, i spent years getting this, it's useless ffs, they've changed the name of heals wtf fu kk i quit!", isn't there?

Or is it just me seeing that? O_o

Pantho
12-12-06, 12:09
Just you :D

No, im jking
PS. Heals is about the only thing that hasnt been renamed... bad choice there lol -

Anyways...

I didnt like this much at first, it grows on me tho -

But, it is even more un-ballanced now.

But the amount of new content is sexy. If only KK could just release regular patches with new content like this..

New guns ever month or 2... New weapons, and new rares :) -

Every1 would be hunting like made just to get one, get a 0 slot.. cry and go again... Makes the game more enjoyable....

If they added a new weapon to retail ever 2 months.. or new item... It would boost moral and pops by a large proportion.

SizZLeR
12-12-06, 12:55
Just came to think off the issue with the limit of money a chr can hold, why is it limited to 20mill?

I mean sometimes ppl r selling stuff on trade for up to 10mill, so i think the limit shd be removed, not only because its annoying if u hit the limit and dont get anything for raiding CC or whatever, but also because its a laugh that u can end up trading stuff that costs 50% of the maximum amount of mpney u can actually hold!

Not to mention, what if u have like 12mill and sell something for 9mill? u lose a 1mill. :lol:

Id say get rid of the limit unless theres a REALLY good reason for keeping it. :D

netster
12-12-06, 12:56
If they added a new weapon to retail ever 2 months.. or new item... It would boost moral and pops by a large proportion.
so true.. i prayed 3 years now for a rare streetrifle.. it was the first thing i was searching for on the testserver. DING!

CMaster
12-12-06, 12:57
I tried the CS on a capped tank, put all the pts into HC and TC to cap it as much as possible and yet he only capped it as far as around 150% dmg and almost 200% aiming, the freq i didnt notice, but i assume he would be able to get around twice the freq if he could actually cap the wep and that would bring it to the "known" state of freq. ;)

Once again, you misunderstand the new skills system. There are no caps. Whatsoever. As long as you keep speccing more points, the frequency/damage/aiming/whatever of the weapon will keep increasing. The database defined values are what you get at 100% - beyond 100% you are getting more out of the weapon than it is "designed" to. So the slowing in freq is generally intentional. I do like the fact that full auto weapons actually feel full-auto now.
Oh, and as for your questions about weapons influence factors: Just what effects what is explain precisley here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136817&page=1)

Oh, and some people are gonna quit cos of 2.2? Thats not news. We knew that from the moment it was announced. So go cry in a corner because nobody really cares. The game was broken. Incremental changes wouldn't have worked because of some deep, deep issues - the chnages that are being brought in now rely on other changes to support them. Will 2.2 actually work - we'll have to wait and see. It may still be a miserable failure.

Pantho
12-12-06, 13:03
Once again, you misunderstand the new skills system. There are no caps. Whatsoever. As long as you keep speccing more points, the frequency/damage/aiming/whatever of the weapon will keep increasing. The database defined values are what you get at 100% - beyond 100% you are getting more out of the weapon than it is "designed" to. So the slowing in freq is generally intentional. I do like the fact that full auto weapons actually feel full-auto now.
Oh, and as for your questions about weapons influence factors: Just what effects what is explain precisley here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136817&page=1)

Oh, and some people are gonna quit cos of 2.2? Thats not news. We knew that from the moment it was announced. So go cry in a corner because nobody really cares. The game was broken. Incremental changes wouldn't have worked because of some deep, deep issues - the chnages that are being brought in now rely on other changes to support them. Will 2.2 actually work - we'll have to wait and see. It may still be a miserable failure.

Actually there are wepaon caps...

Got a nice specced MC tank .. 303 mc..

Info on a TL 2 knife..

178% dmg
60/min freq are Lowtech Mc caps

Highest Hi-tech freq i found was 89/min -

Also. noted a GM told me what freq he got on the TL2. He has 255 wep lore, and 255 MC

CMaster
12-12-06, 13:22
Actually there are wepaon caps...

Got a nice specced MC tank .. 303 mc..

Info on a TL 2 knife..

178% dmg
60/min freq are Lowtech Mc caps

Highest Hi-tech freq i found was 89/min -

Also. noted a GM told me what freq he got on the TL2. He has 255 wep lore, and 255 MC

Hmmmm. Trés intéressant.

Brammers
12-12-06, 13:23
Sometimes, with all this mis-understandind I really think 2.2 should be called Neocron 3.

Even I'm still getting my head around all 2.2. Some people are doing a better job than me, and some have just started looking at it, but at least they are all smart enough to say after a few hours on the test server "fuck me they have changed everything."

So far in this thread, IMHO the only valid critism of 2.2 is Jini's, 2.2 is slow. The names of some items have changed slightly, but their purpose is the same.

If KK wanted to re-balance and tweak a few items to "balance" the game they could had done that in one patch. The fact is, they went back to the drawing board, with our input and have come up with something we are only started to see the beginning of. There will be tweaks, there will be changes, based on our input, 2.2 is not finished yet.

jini
12-12-06, 14:00
Once again, you misunderstand the new skills system. There are no caps. Whatsoever. As long as you keep speccing more points, the frequency/damage/aiming/whatever of the weapon will keep increasing.
Non monsieur, c'est ne pas vrais.
In reality THERE ARE caps!!!111one
the caps that you get for having limited skill points to invest. Saying that there are no caps was wrong from day one. This would be true if par example :p you had infinite levels, which you dont. Therefore cap is Dex @ 100 for instance.

Edit: Let me add some more criticism then on implants and items ingame. The way they were designed shows poor thinking. Why?
You have too many items. You have too many pluses and you have too many minuses. You have numbers that vary from +0 (yes!!) to +3 others that go to -19 or even more. Armor gives me headaches just from the infinite variations. My pe has still not configure its con, just because of this factor alone. Furthermore you have psi buffs to add more mix in the blender... In short: TOO much complication. Not even Mathematica can cope with the complexity of this system. Just take a look of how many npcs are needed to be gathered in one place, and yet there is still something missing

a4nic8er
12-12-06, 14:04
At first I thought "oh no, they buggered everything".

Instead of getting rid of para, everybody has one. Spies can rez, wtf? What have they done to my imps? How the hell am I supposed to make sense of all these armours?

Now though, I must admit to having lots of fun. Running around on a holy hybrid (can't last), SH sniping on a spy in gold WoC PA (doubt I will get there in retail). Roll and have a capped character fully rigged in 30 minutes Wheeeeee!

pabz
12-12-06, 15:32
No need to voice an opinion cus some noob will never agree with it.

Glok
12-12-06, 15:48
I just spent a little over an hour cruising around on a quad with my pe.. killed some wolves, evil spiders, hurler, spiderbot sentry (new spiderbot weapon = annoying) desert reptiles.. now over in canyonland killing firemobs. My runspeed is good with a cannon out, I love that. I'm carrying around beast and redflash just because, don't need either really.

My opinion? There's new armors, new imps, new skill loadouts (I actually specced 50 base end) but it's the same game. Quit whining and adapt already, it's not going away, though it may change a bit.

edit: I was checking out HC aiming btw doing this. Running around, breaking my own lock, etc. Long range is too slow, but short range isn't bad especially with the speedgat. I haven't tested pistols, but short range felt almost pistol like, you can start firing with a half closed reticle in about 1-2 seconds and hit some, then hit every shot as it goes closed. The speedgat kicks ass too, feels full auto.. quite satisfying. :D

Okran
12-12-06, 17:54

Later that day I found out that all my imps are useless or close to useless and the past 2 years ive been getting all the imps and stuff will be gone..

What are you talking about?! The implants have mearly changed name and had their bonuses altered to be more balanced! None of them have 'gone' as you state. So no you havn't wasted 2 years of your life, anyway those last two years did you not enjoy them? If you did be glad, and if you didnt enjoy them what were you doing in the first place :D

I can't wait for the official 2.2 release - it is already so much better than 2.1 and its not even finished yet! Version 2.1 has badly needed balancing from day one, and its finally getting the re-work its so badly needed!

pabz
12-12-06, 18:05
You make me laugh oktran; please give me retired status Nid!

Im out

jini
12-12-06, 18:11
Pabz, god of neocron you were the best.. dont retire yet :p

Apocalypsox
13-12-06, 00:59
For the time being, I have only one very fundamental complain:
Everything is like NC2.1 Slow motion. Its like watching some scenes with some added dramatization. Guns shoot slow, psi spells cast slow, reticles (except pistols) cast slow but runspeed is still fast. Very fast to match the above. Damage is very high: a runner can get killed by a couple of shots from a raygun or apu FA/HL

Slow? The only thing ive noticed it on is the Dissy and plasma weapons really...gattlers are hella fast and most rifles are too..

SizZLeR
13-12-06, 11:56
The way they were designed shows poor thinking. Why?
You have too many items. You have too many pluses and you have too many minuses. You have numbers that vary from +0 (yes!!) to +3 others that go to -19 or even more. Armor gives me headaches just from the infinite variations. My pe has still not configure its con, just because of this factor alone. Furthermore you have psi buffs to add more mix in the blender... In short: TOO much complication. Not even Mathematica can cope with the complexity of this system. Just take a look of how many npcs are needed to be gathered in one place, and yet there is still something missing
I agree to the point regarding that implant effects are too unpredictable, like when i was building up a tank from scratch, i ended up with way too much STA as the imps he could use gave him more than enough STA alone!

That was with a capped tank, but then imagine what this will mean in game, NC2 already have a minor factor of it, the need to lom out some CON subskill later on when u reach higher lvls and gain access to better imps.

Ok no problem in using a few lom pills when u hit say lvl 45, but in this case i figure we're talking way more than a few loms unless u wanna lvl up without adequate STA and that also goes for HLT imo, especially when a capped tank cant face a SBS without heavy risk of getting killed by it before he an kill it himself. :confused:

solling
13-12-06, 12:03
i say wait til retail and let the test server be a test server not omg thats EXCATELY how its gonna be, sure there is a LOT of room for improvement thats why its called TEST server, so for anyone who quits becourse they are no longer overpowered bad imps renamed imps blah blah good riddance. People can do whatever they want i just think its stupid to quit over something u have no idea how will turn out but blah thats just me, ill wait and see how retail turns out THEN i will decide what to do

TicketInspector
13-12-06, 12:12
If 2.2 Gets implemented, I'm leaving also.

solling
13-12-06, 13:24
If 2.2 Gets implemented, I'm leaving also.

bye bye

Edgar
13-12-06, 13:33

Dude, you're lame. You don't know the old Neocron. The old Neocron was when rares didn't matter because there were no rares, weapon makers were always making weapons in the city and you wouldn't care to lose your weapon because you could get another one made. The weapons were all a lot more balanced.

pabz
13-12-06, 13:42
i say wait til retail and let the test server be a test server not omg thats EXCATELY how its gonna be, sure there is a LOT of room for improvement thats why its called TEST server, so for anyone who quits becourse they are no longer overpowered bad imps renamed imps blah blah good riddance. People can do whatever they want i just think its stupid to quit over something u have no idea how will turn out but blah thats just me, ill wait and see how retail turns out THEN i will decide what to do
Wait til retail? If they had put it straight on to retail, we would have 0 pop. Luckily they put it on a test server first, so the fuckups weren't as significant. If we don't voice our opinions now, then we're going to have an exact copy of the test server on our retail servers.

solling
13-12-06, 14:17
u can voice ur opinions all u want but saying OMG new imps 2.2 SUCKS i QUIT is not very constructive is it

Nidhogg
13-12-06, 14:27
You make me laugh oktran; please give me retired status Nid!

Im out
There is no retired status any more because everyone can see all the forums now. I'd say quitting now would be premature in the extreme.

N

pabz
13-12-06, 14:30
@lore
Wait. So you want the test server to stay how it is, even though you haven't tried it.

You talking about the test server is like me trying to give a lecture about the types of fungus in northern new zealand.

solling
13-12-06, 15:15
im saying give me retired status im out is not really a constructive post now is it.

i want 2.2 to be good not as it is atm like i also said earlier but all people whining and saying omg it sucks i will QUIT if it comes out if not very usefull for anyone but i gues nc got a very whiny community *cough* pabz

if u wanna quit, quit. if u want a good 2.2 game and have time go test in stead of whining.

if it comes out the way it is atm we wont have any population i agree on that to but im still waiting with my whines til i see retail becourse i know a LOT will change and have to change and i hope we in the end get a good 2.2 retail.

pabz
13-12-06, 15:20
[ edited ]

SorkZmok
13-12-06, 16:28
Actually, all the new items and variations is what i like the most about 2.2. You just gotta get used to it.
Having more imps/guns/armor/buffs allows for many more setups making nc alot more interesting. At least for me.

As it is now you can reduce every class down to very few setups, some even down to one viable setup, spies for example. There simply is no viable pvp setup right now other than the moveon/ppr/ns/rf/beast setup. There are slight variations in implants and such but thats it. And droners don't count. :lol:

More diversity is good!

Castr0
14-12-06, 03:14
I feel sorry to tell it but I have to :
Neocron 2.2 bring to much changes for old players that are used to Neocron and I spoke with some experimented player (NC1 players, as me), and they found this new "Neocron" not as good as they expected. There are too much changes, if you do it you will loose as lot of players I think. A new patch :
_ giving reticule to APU monks
_ nerfing Xbow for 10 - 15 %
_ increasing CS clip to 30 or 40
_ nerfing TL10 Heal and boosting TL3 heal
Would have been a rather big change that player (such as me, playing an overpowered APU hyb) would have appreciated.

I know Evo 2.2 may have been a hard work but please don't release it, to me, it is the death of Neocron !!

tarasm
14-12-06, 03:36
I agree with castro..That if neocron 2.2 you will lose alot of neocron 1 player like me.

Seraphin[69]
14-12-06, 08:51
There is no retired status any more because everyone can see all the forums now. I'd say quitting now would be premature in the extreme.

N

But basically that just shows how some people are disgusted by that neocron evolution.

And myself included can't even bear to see some geezers [aka tank] fighting together in an asylum.

I used to say I'd quit when evo 2.2 will be out but I think I'll quit even before that as nothing is happening on the evo 2.1 servers anymore. I guess evo 2.2 will have to merge the 3 servers to be fun !

jini
14-12-06, 08:54
The game is not bad guys. It's just we haven't get used to it, and its still in beta or -call it- test phase.
If you come and think of it, its got a lot of future ahead with all the new weapons, rares and stuff, just imagine that you will need a month focusing on rares again to make x weapon slotted.
Questions are:
When will it reach release form?
What will it happen with Terra and other servers, till then?

SizZLeR
14-12-06, 09:47
What will it happen with Terra and other servers, till then?
Exactly a question that bothers me too, i remember when NC2 was about to go final, a lot of ppl in NC1 adviced other ppl not to lvl no more in NC1 because they wouldnt benefit from it when going to NC2.

Also multiple chrs went around giving stuff away as they've prolly been told from others, that their items wouldnt be able to be transferred to NC2.

In general there seemed to be a lot of confusion about everything due to the NC2 release, primarily about which items would be transferred and so on..

pabz
14-12-06, 12:58
We haven't gotten to the fine tuning stage yet, so i don't think it's worth judging the overall project yet. I expected that they would have done the fine tuning themselves given the time that they have been working on this project, but I guess thats up to us now

solling
14-12-06, 13:06
i would say quitting now is very premature and YES there will be changes and we NEED changes

as much changes as there comes i dont know tho.

all the new wepaons are good unbugging ray weapons yay
a lot of good stuff in 2.2 but sadly a lot of excessive stuff as well
and a lot we need to get used to

so i say give it a chance.. quit now if u dont wanna test or play on retail servers and try when 2.2 is out if its any good i think many will be pleasently suprised.

ninjagirl
14-12-06, 13:34
I hear from a lot of people that they will quit when the 2.2 version is updated on the servers.
If they do then there will be a real problem, because a server with 80 people will not last long.

Pantho
14-12-06, 13:38
I hear from a lot of people that they will quit when the 2.2 version is updated on the servers.
If they do then there will be a real problem, because a server with 80 people will not last long.

I may be leaving,

2.2 isnt that bad, im not leaving because of that..

But for the time being, test server is boring, and with evo 2.1 there are only 3% most of the time playing, takes the piss...

Also acc problems :(

Mighty Max
14-12-06, 13:40
pfft, there is a lot of shittalking out there.

I wouldnt care much about this. 2.2 Test is a massive change, thats right. And as every change the moans get loud. In the end dogs which bark, dont bite.

And: you dont count in the amount of ppl that are saved by the changed for the game.

ninjagirl
14-12-06, 13:50
Off course, only time will tell, but i don't hear a lot of people that are positive about the changes.
There are two clans that i tradeskill for that will be gone, perhaps they are solitary cases and all the other clans will love it, who knows?

solling
14-12-06, 14:25
the bitchy ones are the loudmouths :p

most peopel who are happy dont yell loud on the forums like the people who dont like it.

i think it will be a nice change when (if) they get all the bugs and bad things like very slow pace pvp etc fixed.

Lifewaster
14-12-06, 15:35
Some good things I've noticed so far:

Parashock has been hugely nerfed.
PPU's effect on other runners in PvP has been greatly reduced.
APU's effect in PVP has been greatly reduced.

These 3 things alone, ppl have complained about for years , finally they are being changed.....

Also.......its test server.......half the stuff being complained about in this thread is already posted/acknowledged in the bug forum, and has been confirmed as bugs to be fixed.....so whats all the problem? xD

Doc Holliday
14-12-06, 15:47
i think you will find more people come back than the ones that quit. simple as that. complain all you want but changes will come and they will move forward with this game. some people will get left by the roadside of course but all the same this happened many times before where people said screw this i quit and then decided to play again 6/8/12 months later. that is the cycle of evolution (no pun intended)

the ones that stay are the ones who help to make a better game of it.

@pantho. yeah testing is boring. i heard from friends of friends that do it that official beta testing for new games is even worse but hey someones gotta do it right.

Argent
14-12-06, 16:32

Later that day I found out that all my imps are useless or close to useless and the past 2 years ive been getting all the imps and stuff will be gone..Neocron will be completly changed and it would be a completly diffrent game...I like the old neocron I played..So please considering some changes in neocron 2.2 so it will be more like neocron 2 and 2.1.

1) It's good that you can see into the future, would you tell me next week's lottery numbers?

2) The imps&items will not be useless, you just propably need to figure out new configuration for your char, I doubt it'll take 2 years. Besides, if you've been around for so long, wouldn't you like some changes in the game already?

I don't understand you people, making conclusions based on the very first steps of the beta.

jini
14-12-06, 16:48
Ok, now that most of the bitches had stopped whining, and started to turn their opinions and Nid's heart is back to place (:p), here is what I like adiing on my previous post:

1. More armor differentiation and more body areas offers a lot - but also more confusion
2. Psi resist seems it will finally work as intended, resisting psi effects and with nanites will help some setups differentiate even more - or maybe specialize against monks in OP wars - thats good ;)
3. Nanites and tank heal stuff - good addition even if we havent yet seen :rolleyes:
4. Many new weapon types that had long past forgotten - but weapons fire sloooooowww like snails, this must be fixed. The xbow for instance is useless. Old nc2.1 frequency was more up to the speed of the game. raise frequency and lower damage. This is why we never used SH to pvp/duel back in 2.1

pabz
14-12-06, 17:27
The xbow for instance is useless.
Simply not true.

Okran
14-12-06, 17:50
4. Many new weapon types that had long past forgotten - but weapons fire sloooooowww like snails, this must be fixed. The xbow for instance is useless.

Xbow is certainly not useless, maybe you have not put many points in P-C ;)
I currently have 61 Xray resist, 111 Armour, Artifact Absorber with 721 HP's and I die in seconds, approx 5 seconds. There's something not right there, I should at least last more than a few seconds.

Dogface
14-12-06, 19:11
I think it will bring back old players who didn't like the balance. Thoughts?

jini
14-12-06, 19:29
Guys, Im not saying the gun is weak. Its powerfull, but it shoots VERY slow. and so does a CS. At the current runspeed its very slow. This is what I dont like. Make its shot less powerfull, but raise frequency to what it was.

Dogface
14-12-06, 19:33
It's possible to make the CS fire continuously until the clip is gone, like a speedie :p

olavski
15-12-06, 06:06
Anyone has some info on the new 2.2 'changes'?

Kind of thinking to try it out again. 8|

jini
15-12-06, 07:31
I think it will bring back old players who didn't like the balance. Thoughts?
Me too, I think so. Reakktor will win if they focus also on content. If -after balancing everything- they deliver fast patches with content people will return. If populations rise beyond a specific critical mass, then success is certain.

As for the crossbow: if you take the Beretta, and compare it to the crossbpw, beretta has 80-90ish freq (like the known pistols) while xbow caps at 60...

solling
15-12-06, 16:16
i think the FREQ on the Cs is good as it is in 2.1 227 i think very nice rate not to slow not to fast (as to be bugged) perfect just need soem bigger clips

pabz
15-12-06, 17:41
Anyone has some info on the new 2.2 'changes'?

Kind of thinking to try it out again. 8|
No, because KK havent published the list of changes like any proffesional company would :\

Mighty Max
15-12-06, 17:45
Hmm?
It does not exist one list, yes, but a dozent of lists showing the changes grouped. The balance forum & archived discussion forum might be worth a read.

Also http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176 is allways a help

IceStorm
17-12-06, 02:40
I guess I'll have to get on the test server and see what the hubbubb is about, but from the sounds of it KK is going to once again wipe out all inventory and items in the migration. Great...

By the way, if the "missing goodies" don't materialize on the final test server builds, you can pretty much count on them never making it to retail. That's KK's way. Let's hope the test server is used for what it's intended and we end up with a final product, instead of yet another half-ass attempt at an "upgrade".

By the way, where is the link to download the test server client? I see all these posts in the balance forums, but no details on how to get on the server itself. Is it currently just a German/Heavyporker/DJ/Brammers lovefest or something? :-)

jini
17-12-06, 09:25
Just copy your main neocron folder to say, evo2.2, then apply the patches ... and .ini

Zheo
17-12-06, 09:36

"Test Server" <--- Look up that in the dictionary and perhaps you'll discover that means they are...."TESTING" everything, which means they'll probably change things!?

Seraphin[69]
17-12-06, 12:08
"Test Server" <--- Look up that in the dictionary and perhaps you'll discover that means they are...."TESTING" everything, which means they'll probably change things!?

And testing a patch never meant to go into BETA PHASE again which is exactly what's done right now.

As they refused to transfert characters I had from an inactive account, it means it's a PAYABLE BETA and I never saw any game that was payable before retail...

jini
17-12-06, 14:01
']And testing a patch never meant to go into BETA PHASE again which is exactly what's done right now.

As they refused to transfert characters I had from an inactive account, it means it's a PAYABLE BETA and I never saw any game that was payable before retail...
Lol Seraphin ;)
this is not true.
If it was a payable beta, then they would have asked you extra cash to participate. They just asking for active players, otherwise everyone would come in, even banned players.
Besides they got already too much load from people that never actually tested but, created havoc on purpose.

[TgR]KILLER
17-12-06, 14:11
Last time i looked on the retail server there wasn't shit happening at all.. retail is next to dead because of the test server..

i aint gonna reactivate when my account runs out then i'm paying just to test their game..

we don't have a choice really.. if we don't pay we can't test.. if we don't test they just release a game that is utterly fucked up..

your reasons might be valid jini but in the end of the day we'r still paying to be able to test.

oh and normally when you release something to test.. you make sure at least its testable.. kk always done half releases why they don't FINISH a game for once before putting it out to test.. first it was the player shops that weren't there.. and now the nanites shit isn't in.. i don't see why they need to rush the test server that fast is half the crap aint even ingame.

Strife
17-12-06, 18:25
Skipped most of the posts.

I'm surprised people are still so naive to think changing the game around will be the miracle cure. The problem isn't the game, it's the _past_ poor leadership it's had. 4 or 5 servers at launch for a pathetic advertising campaign? Almost criminal how the publisher really didn't do anything.

Hopefully this time around KK realizes throwing new crap in our faces isn't really going to change much. 4+ year old bug fixes, may infact do so. It's their entire attitude and work ethic that needs the revamp, not this game.

This post is based on the Martin Schweizer reign of KK. Though I doubt anything has really changed much.

I think it will bring back old players who didn't like the balance. Thoughts?I thought they all left because it was the same shit with a few new toys? The same bugs existed that they played years earlier. Outpost system was still nothing more than a poor excuse to pvp. I could go on, but I'm sure we all know the rest, and have heard it hundreds of times.

GL to you guys still holding on there.

Xian
18-12-06, 13:21
']And testing a patch never meant to go into BETA PHASE again which is exactly what's done right now.

Just because you didn't get what you wanted doesn't mean it's a payable beta, pick your toys back up and put them back in the pram

Every MMORPG has a test server so the players can both find things the devs missed and get used to the changes, they would be stupid not to. You still have the retail client to play with - nobody is holding an overpowered raygun to your head and forcing you to play on the ts :)

Oh, and spot on with the last bit of your post strife - I don't know anyone who left because of the "balance"; mostly due to the nastier bugs, FREs and c2p.

NAPPER
18-12-06, 13:29
but surey you will not be able to have health over 595 what is the cap as far as i remember

jini
18-12-06, 13:40
This post is based on the Martin Schweizer reign of KK. Though I doubt anything has really changed much.

I thought they all left because it was the same shit with a few new toys? The same bugs existed that they played years earlier. Outpost system was still nothing more than a poor excuse to pvp. I could go on, but I'm sure we all know the rest, and have heard it hundreds of times.
I'm not sure what exactly is it that you mean here.
Name the three most important bugs in the game you think people have left to.

pabz
18-12-06, 14:12
FREs
Synches
KK

jini
18-12-06, 16:51
FREs
Synches
KK
I had come into the assumption that we were used to those bugs, and that almost every other mmorpg more or less have them as well. I hope this is not what strife means, but let him speak on himself :)

Seraphin[69]
19-12-06, 14:02
You still have the retail client to play with - nobody is holding an overpowered raygun to your head and forcing you to play on the ts :)

With the population's drop I wonder

Seraphin[69]
19-12-06, 14:06
Any idea how you can start a pool now ? It's disabled for me

CMaster
19-12-06, 14:38
']Any idea how you can start a pool now ? It's disabled for me
What?
Oh, you mean a forum poll?
It was disabled for players a while back. Mostly because their kept being "remove para yes/no?" threads, with almost everybody voting to remove it, and KK still wouldn't give a reason for para even being in game in the first place.

pabz
19-12-06, 15:05
[ edited ]

Seraphin[69]
19-12-06, 15:10
Was a poll not a pool

o and l are close on a laptop keyboard don't make a fuss about that :p

pabz
19-12-06, 15:29
[ edited ]

jini
19-12-06, 16:59
Rofles :lol: :lol: :lol:

pabz
19-12-06, 17:06
[ edited ]

silent000
19-12-06, 17:13
Rofles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wtf that isnt a word!

jini
20-12-06, 09:13
No but It's not waffles either, and I had to put something to raise to 5 letters limit :D

tarasm
20-12-06, 10:12
rofles plus smile face :)

jini
20-12-06, 11:41
Wtf that isnt a word!
Hey. Neither wtf nor rofl are words tbh ffs roflmao :D

Nidhogg
20-12-06, 14:46
This has turned into spam. If you wish to continue to discuss your comments regarding NC2.2 please do so over in the Early Impressions (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=195) forum. Thanks.

N