PDA

View Full Version : Reset the test server and delete all characters?

a4nic8er
11-12-06, 02:31
I think it is time for an audit.

There are Tanks with 100 DEX and spies with 100 STR on the test server.

There is a need to delete the characters that fooled GMs at the beginning of the test stage (by wearing City Admin Epic PA or Holographic PA and/or asking GMs to cap their DEX STR CON INT PSI.

Also, Tanks that were rolled on Neptune and carried over, still have 10 PSI.

Makes a farce of TESTing when these exploiters are running around on murderous sprees.

nabbl
11-12-06, 02:33
youre right!

CMaster
11-12-06, 02:59
Be careful of accusations though - there are also spies running around with Holovests on, adding to confusion.

Amox
11-12-06, 03:02
kk wants to add this week a new tool for the server so the server can delete invalid chars .. besides that kk was asking all player to delete chars by their own .. and gm can kick such chars from server until that new feature is ready for testserver :)

Pantho
11-12-06, 04:07
its hard to prove tho - even for gMs

There was a major exploit with Scripting players to cap -

Players would have a Pe capped by Sandbender, who couldnt tell between a PE and a Tank.. Sorry to name him, :) -

(They would tell sandbender they was a Tank)

then lom all the points out .. so 500 free DEX points, then ask the GM to cap him with a script as a TANK....

the 500 FREE dex points would remain, and he would lom again..

500 con points and, 75x5 more dex points.

Then ask to be a Spy again...

thats an extra 500 con points, and an extra 875 dex points

ontop of the 500 dex points the SPY would get for being cap,...

Thats an extra 20 levels on a PE anyways, + an extra 875 DEX points...

+ an extra 500 con points.

.... Oh, and if they wanted to take the piss, they could get 100 PSI -

(I had a hybrid with 2000 PSI points, he was deleted btw, and a spy with 100 psi :p )

Sultan
11-12-06, 04:24
[ edited ]

Pantho
11-12-06, 04:45
[ edited ]

my knowledge with this website is FULLY known to KK -

I have never cheated in Neocron, and if you dont stop these personal fucking insults ingame and ont he forums. I shall report you.

Im fairly fucking sure posting HACKING , not exploits, but pure packet and client editing hacking URL's on ooc, help ingame, and i think once in alliance, and also on the forums is against the game rules, and can get you banned -

So Sultan... How do you now this website?

And show me one post on there where i even tried to exploit.... I use there rpos with the KK Crosshair so its legal, also with a logo built into the com panal....

And if u want proof its a legal crosshair ill fucking screenshot it..

One more comment from this ingame, and i shall report you.. Politly

Fuck Off

edit,

some1 plz remove the hacking link and ban sultan
k thx....

jini
11-12-06, 08:46
Guys Relax and Calm down.

Everything is tested on the test server ad everyone. I would say, kudos to those that made those characters in game and my bad that I didnt thought of it. This is why it's called test server. Imagine having something like this on retail servers...

All this cheating is also a good time for some to learn the game more :) and for KK to create some sort of tool to identify

Glok
11-12-06, 08:55
I think a server reset after some of this is fixed is a good idea. But only after it's fixed or we will just need another.

Pantho
11-12-06, 09:02
I think a server reset after some of this is fixed is a good idea. But only after it's fixed or we will just need another.

Fixed already, they dont script cap know -

Sorry for being pissed.... Bad shit -

But im fed up of that nib with the accusations

Glok
11-12-06, 09:08
Well my transferred PE (sorry to keep bringing that up) got a rank 127/64 and had GM resists apparently. Testing her plasma wave I was taking off half a runners health with one shot, also when drugflashed once some melee tank stood swiping at me for a full minute and only took off half my health. That's why I deleted her, but.. no GM ever touched her, just transferred, LoM and that's it.

Nidhogg
11-12-06, 11:34
Thread moved.

N

npinchot
11-12-06, 20:33
honestly i wouldnt think its a big deal...
im sure they will fix stuff like this when test server patches become the real 2.2
so if u wanna test a broke char on the test server instead of testing real shit then go for it & u wont be prepared like everybody else when it goes to 2.2 ? it aint like those chars are gonna get copied from the test server to the other server
i mean ok its annoying and lame that ppl did this but unless they can fix this in a few minutes i dont think it worth their time for this

a4nic8er
11-12-06, 23:38
Well, it can be rather frustrating when trying to test things with someone else and a third person shows up on a spy with 100 CON/STR, repeatedly kills you both and anyone who comes to rez you.

I don't see how their "testing" of things that will not be in the game should take precedence over our testing of things that supposedly will be.

Dogface
12-12-06, 00:53
Agreeing with a4, something should be done to remove all these bugged characters.

SizZLeR
12-12-06, 10:07
/signed a4

Besides i dont see whats so important in havin a chr transferred from another server, as you can make whatever chr u want in a few mins, if i want a duplicate of one of my chrs from Terra, ill simply go and create a new chr on the testserver and make one just like my Terra chr.

My mainchr (Tank) from Terra were transferred too when i looged in to the testserver for the first time, and he had 10 PSI lvl even though he shdnt have it, however it didnt do him any good as the TL10 heal was rather useless to him doing such a small amount of healing when casted. ;)

Afaic i dont see the problem in someone running around amusing themselves with a bugged chr, as long as they dont use it to ruin the actual purpose of the testserver.

However if theres a bug there will always be exploiters and thats why we cant allow it.
So reset the server and if ppl wanna have duplicates from another server, they'll have to create it themself, it takes just a few mins and only has to be done once. :D

netster
12-12-06, 10:21
dunno, but i created a new tank on the testserver about 2 days ago i think and he still had same int/str/con/dex/psi than a nc2.1 tank.

SizZLeR
12-12-06, 10:37
dunno, but i created a new tank on the testserver about 2 days ago i think and he still had same int/str/con/dex/psi than a nc2.1 tank.
Sounds really odd, i created a new tank day before yesterday, and he was INT:25 STR:100 CON:100 DEX:75 PSI:0
So apparently the 10 PSI skill have been split into +5 INT and +5 DEX.

Hell-demon
12-12-06, 10:41
Sizzler you are sexy