PDA

View Full Version : A new Wii is among us...

nobby
09-12-06, 01:07
So did anyone actually buy one today ?

I had a look around town today early, no shops were putting them on the shelves... :(

What annoys me is the fuckers on Ebay with pictures of their whole Living room full of the consoles they're gonna sell for £800 each.

If everyone was only allowed to buy ONE before Christmas, there wouldn't be this problem !

Hell-demon
09-12-06, 01:11
I thought you died in a sky diving accident :eek:

We haven't heard from you in a while.

No, I haven't got a Wii and I don't want one.

Skusty
09-12-06, 01:57
PC > Consoles.
FACT!

rob444
09-12-06, 02:05
PC > Consoles.
FACT!

Not entirely true!

Positive thing about consoles is that you dont need to do a hardware upgrade each time a new game comes out :p. Bad thing about consoles is that the game prices are insanely high compared to PC games. :(

CMaster
09-12-06, 02:15
I on the other hand do want one.
Why? Because it looks fun, its relativley cheap (compared to other consoles and PCs) and Nintendo normally make good gather-a-bunch-of-people-around-the-tv-and-have-a-party games. Bascially me and my housemates fancy gathering around the TV and swining remotes at each other in a simulation of sword combat or something.

IceStorm
09-12-06, 02:20
Got the Wii at launch.

Wii's cool. Graphics aren't gonna wow you, but the gameplay is fun. I've been enjoying Rayman quite a bit. However, if you're prone to letting go of your controller, better use a cheap TV. www.wiihaveaproblem.com shows some of the more spectacular results from Wii excitement.

Skusty
09-12-06, 12:09
Not entirely true!

Positive thing about consoles is that you dont need to do a hardware upgrade each time a new game comes out :p. Bad thing about consoles is that the game prices are insanely high compared to PC games. :(But with PC's you can mod the games, settings for Controlls, and visual (resolution for example) and It's easier to play FPS games on a PC.

awkward silence
09-12-06, 13:49
Also you dont need to buy PC games...

Dribble Joy
09-12-06, 14:30
If I had the moneh, I'd probably get a Wii, Zelda, or somethig involving sword combat would be teh fun.

KoS!!! :p

nobby
09-12-06, 14:56
Human Cyclone of Activity Impales TV (http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=53)

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p53/post53.jpg

Hmm... I'd have to hold one to see if they're really...that slippery !

Dribble Joy
09-12-06, 15:00
Rofflecakes. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29)

Lexxuk
09-12-06, 15:39

That is true, you dont. However, PC game sales last year were down over 10%, mainly due to piracy which has a knock on effect. Developers are turning to the consoles mainly because its illegal to modify a console to play pirated games so its slightly harder than just downloading.

More and more games are going to be console only, the PC is going to be playing 2nd fiddle to consoles in the near future. So no, you don't need to buy PC games, but not buying games which have to be bought is kinda going to turn around and bite pirates where it hurts, in their game inventory.

rob444
09-12-06, 17:10
But with PC's you can mod the games, settings for Controlls, and visual (resolution for example) and It's easier to play FPS games on a PC.

Well you got a point there, but most consoles supports USB keyboard & mouse these days so controls wont be a problem :p. Not sure how moddable Xbox360 is though, never used one, is there a OS on it or something? :P

nobby
10-12-06, 01:28
360 is moddable, My friend modded his at his house :p

RusSki
10-12-06, 17:24
But with PC's you can mod the games, settings for Controlls, and visual (resolution for example) and It's easier to play FPS games on a PC.

Rob says he's got a point but has he...

You can download new content and patches for games.
You can reconfigure the controls in some games tho for many there really is no need.
You dont need to mess about with endless visual and performance options just to eek that last 2 fps out of a game or to simply stop it crashing your entire system every time you try and play a certain game. With consoles there are 2 setting for visual performance, the console being off or the console being on and giving the best visual performance that the hardware and software can achieve.
You can use keyboard and mouse on some consoles.
And you dont need to buy console games either.

rob444
10-12-06, 20:41
And you dont need to buy console games either.

What about Xbox360? Last I checked they used EPOX glue making it nearly impossible to add a chip into it? :confused:

RogerRamjet
10-12-06, 22:15
Oh sweet, I got 2 people quoting me in sigs now, aswell as avatar pics.

I feel a fan club coming on :p

Hell-demon
11-12-06, 00:29
I've got two people sigin' me too.

I don't get no fucking fan club!

Tratos
12-12-06, 01:27
I've got a Wii, it's fantastic and really is a breath of fresh air to gaming. The new style controllers are a hell of alot more comfortable to use for games which dont require you to be flinging yourself around too, like Zelda as you can sit alot more naturally with an occasional flick of the wiimote for some nice sword moves ;)