PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the flapping arms ?

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-06, 17:03
talking about casting spells ofcourse.. last days i'v been hunting on my new PE alot.. and staying alive means s/d and heal alot of times.. but damn sometimes it doesn't want to cast @ all and i click 5 times before it casts.. or the char is just flapping arms like mad instead of just casting the spell :/ bugs been there forever.. evo 2.2 might be a nice moment to fix it ;x

boreal
05-12-06, 17:19
have you check your internet connection + FPS.....

i had a PPU for age... never (oh yea 2 time but we where 4 on the same internet connection at the same place) had that probleme before... someone can tell us if it a real bug or not ??

Dribble Joy
05-12-06, 17:35
Happens in first sometimes too, something's preventing the server from knowing you're trying to cast it.

CMaster
05-12-06, 17:37
have you check your internet connection + FPS.....

i had a PPU for age... never (oh yea 2 time but we where 4 on the same internet connection at the same place) had that probleme before... someone can tell us if it a real bug or not ??

Its a real bug. Perhaps it doesn't happen to everybody, but its a real bug.
Happens to me fairly frequently. To the point that any time on my PPU "Wavey hands!" will get shouted out at least 2 or 3 times an hour, if not 10. As is known, swapping between items exasperates it, but isn't the only factor.

RogerRamjet
05-12-06, 17:56
A trick to counter it.

Select spell, wait till the sound finishes, then cast.

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-06, 18:21
when getting chased by hordes of firemobs and warbots i don't really have time to listen to the sound :p i just want the thing to cast.

i pretty much always have 90 capped fps never comes below 50 anyway.. ping 30.. 12 mbit line just has to go from netherlands to germany should't be a problem.

my ppu doesn't have it as much btw.. its far far worse on my pe :/

John Bushido
05-12-06, 18:24
it only happens for me in NF.... outside everything is fine

on ur pe, u shure u have enough psi eng. when u cast?

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-06, 19:01
yea i do got 92 can buff totally before it runs out ( resist 2 / pistol 1 / spy 1 / shelter / def / heal )

silent000
05-12-06, 20:26
I get it constantly :( but yeh as roger said wait till the stupid sound finishes when u equip and it shud b ok but u gota get into the habbit of it :P going from heal to DB fast and get wavey on the DB is annoying

BaDDaSS
06-12-06, 02:52
I get this damn bug a lot too, so annoying! I thought it was just me

.Cyl0n
06-12-06, 04:12
I get it _very_ often too...

[TgR]KILLER
06-12-06, 11:29
and its not only when you can't cast yet.. but when you miscast instead of just being able to cast again the only thing the char does is flapping its arms around for 20 seconds before you can cast something else -_- or try it again.

yesterday was out hunting when there is a pack of firemobs or warbots on your ass you need to be able to buff quickly.. i used to be able to do that switch the spell before its just ready and it would work still have it timed to that but now its just flapping arms mayhem *thinks of the times without arms flapping and just casting..*

SizZLeR
06-12-06, 12:56
I too experience that bug, from the very first time i played NC1 up till now.

On my PE i used the DB for the first time and i noticed that if i wanted to stack the DB, and first casted once, then after the cast hit the mob, i left clicked to cast again, nothing would happen at all..

I tried to hold down the mousebutton when i wanted to stack the DB on a mob and that worked allright.

However, all my chrs experience the bug when they use the heal spell, its really annoying!

It cant be related to my connection as im on a 20/1Mbit and my ping is at an all time acceptable low (40-60ms), my fps typically is around 60-80, a bit low but thats in 1600x1200 resolution, i even tried to go to lores like 1024x768 and my fps went skyhigh, but it sure didnt solve the problem regarding the spellcasting... :-/

[TgR]KILLER
06-12-06, 13:12
maybe i forgot after all those years but wasn't the flapping arms introduced in nc2? thought we just had no cast animation in nc1 :p

btw fps going skyhigh.. 90 = capped fps.. can't get higher.. 60/80 is high. most people play with 30 :p

got 30/40 ping most of the time here.. can't get better.

rob444
06-12-06, 13:38
I hate this bug and it's a client <-> server issue. I think this happens when you bring up your spell and try to cast too quickly, before the server actually has registered your new character's animation (you know, the animation with one of the hands in the air that will be displayed when you have a spell selected). I could be wrong though but it's definitely a problem between the client and server. It's also possible the client wont even send the packet due to lags/packet loss etc. :P.

.Cyl0n
06-12-06, 13:49
KILLER']
btw fps going skyhigh.. 90 = capped fps.. can't get higher.. 60/80 is high. most people play with 30 :p

Umm disable vsync and enjoy 300+ fps in some places ;)

CMaster
06-12-06, 13:51

But why?
Your screen doesn't refresh that fast, and diabling vsynch/too high FPS are both known to cause problems with Neocron for some people.

[TgR]KILLER
06-12-06, 13:56

whats there to enjoy ? i can't even notice the diffrence between 90 and the 50/60 i get in op fights.. anything above 20/30 fps is good playable imho no need @ all to get 300.

SizZLeR
07-12-06, 09:36
The average human being aint able to benefit from anything above 60fps as long as its on such small displays. (Monitors)

Cinema's typically run in 60 fps due to the size of the screen, 30 fps will in many cases be too little here.

On a typically tv-sized screen 30 fps is enough, most ppl arent able to go beyond a refresh rate of 100hz, meaning the screen update itself 100 times a sec, so running on 100hz means u dont benefit from any frames generated by the gfx card above 100fps.

Most of todays TFT screens (low budget ones that is) doesnt even go higher than 60hz.

Set the refresh as high as possible and if u can go beyond 70hz use vsync, then u wouldnt normally experience fps drop below 35 fps as long as your system is able to generate at least 35 fps all time. ;)

L0KI
07-12-06, 10:18
KILLER']talking about casting spells ofcourse.. last days i'v been hunting on my new PE alot.. and staying alive means s/d and heal alot of times.. but damn sometimes it doesn't want to cast @ all and i click 5 times before it casts.. or the char is just flapping arms like mad instead of just casting the spell :/ bugs been there forever.. evo 2.2 might be a nice moment to fix it ;x

I get exactly the same problem on my PE - With an 8mb connection and a wastleands FPS of 80+

In addition to this, it looks shit. It doesnt look like we are casting spells, more dancing in a rave.

NC1 SKINS FTW. BRING BACK NC1 CHARS AND ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!

netster
07-12-06, 10:49
i get that too, even on my ppu.. on some days no flapping, on some days extreme.

flapping hands killer trying to fly? O_o

giga191
07-12-06, 14:00
The eye might not be able to see that high FPS, but the FPS number displayed is just an average (your FPS fluctuates a lot faster than the number changes). So higher FPS usually means that your FPS doesn't go below the point where your eye can tell the difference as often. This doesn't count for vsynch, but it's just something that I wanted to point out

SizZLeR
07-12-06, 14:16
It doesnt look like we are casting spells, more dancing in a rave.
:lol: It sure does, once in CC i was in a large team with my HC Tank, and i was getting really annoyed by this chr that constantly was dancing around in front of me, making it completely impossible for me to hit anything, it turned out he was APU. :D