PDA

View Full Version : Nc 2 specs

Doc Holliday
05-12-06, 16:40
Can anyone post me up the specs for this game. minimum specs ideally. thanks guys.

[TgR]KILLER
05-12-06, 17:01
Minimum configuration:

Pentium III 1.4 GHz or equivalent

256 MB RAM

Direct3D-compatible video card with at least 32 MB

56.6K Internet connection

Windows 95B/98/2000/ME/XP

DirectX 9 or higher

DirectSound-compatible sound card

Recommended configuration:

Pentium IV 2.6 GHz or equivalent

512 MB RAM

Direct3D-compatible video card with 128 MB

Broadband Internet connection

If your system does not meet the minimum requirements:
The game either will not run or will not function properly. In order to play the game without any problems, we suggest that users meet the recommended specifications.

If your system only meets the minimum requirements:
Set the graphics options of the game to the lowest levels to maintain smooth game play.

www.neocron.com > support > sys specs...

Brammers
05-12-06, 17:34
256 MB RAM min? More like 512MB - I get low memory warning on my PC with 256 MB.

CMaster
05-12-06, 17:35
256 MB RAM min? More like 512MB - I get low memory warning on my PC with 256 MB.
I get a low memory warning in my PC with 512. It is a laptop with shared video memory however. Also, despite the warning it still PLAYS. I imagine NC would with 256 too.

Mighty Max
05-12-06, 17:44
It really depends what your minimum of playing quality is.

NC used to run on a CeleronA 333 @128MB, Riva TNT :D
I used such a setup to access mules

I wouldnt recomment the one-digit-fps for anything other really ;)

IceStorm
06-12-06, 05:28
If you want to play the game well?

CPU: P4 2.8Ghz or better, any Core 2 Duo, or an A64 3000+
RAM: 1.5GB or more to avoid disk swapping much before the client crashes (client crashes every couple of hours, if you're lucky)
Video card: ATI 9800XT or better. nVidia 6800GT or better
OS: W2K or XP w/SP1. If you want to use XP w/SP2, make sure it was slipstreamed, not added on afterwards.
Internet connection: A provider that puts you very close to the Internet. Speakeasy Gamer or Sysadmin connection preferably.

That should provide a decent NC2 experience. Anything less and your experience will vary from annoying to unplayable.

Doc Holliday
06-12-06, 06:28
thanks kids, cmaster especially. i was curious about the lap top thing actually so i guess that solves that.

SizZLeR
06-12-06, 13:14
I used to run NC2 with 512MB ram, and graphics settings at max all the way, i had smooth gameplay, i tried the same thing with 256MB ram and then i got huge lags alll the time due to diskswapping.

When going from 512 to 1024MB ram, the game loaded faster and ran a bit smoother in general, stepping up to 1.5GB ram had no effect what so ever.

My other computer used to run with 512MB ram, an athlon 2000+ and a GF59XT gfx card, all graphic settings was at max and there were no problems running it. :)

So id recommend 1Gig of ram, videocard that performes at least at the same lvl as Radeon9800 or GF5900/GF6600GT.

CPU wise, well as the cpu will limited your videoperformance it ofcourse is important that the cpu is properly sized, but well it worked great for me using the old Athlon 2000+... :P

numb
06-12-06, 17:18
I noticed the memory leaks when I started playing NC2 (they werent there in NC1 afaik) and upgraded my memory from 512mb to 1gb. It changed the amount I could play without it getting jerky (due to disk swapping) from about 30 minutes to 2 hours. I wish those leaks would get fixed!

Raver
06-12-06, 18:12
If you want to play the game well?

CPU: P4 2.8Ghz or better, any Core 2 Duo, or an A64 3000+
RAM: 1.5GB or more to avoid disk swapping much before the client crashes (client crashes every couple of hours, if you're lucky)
Video card: ATI 9800XT or better. nVidia 6800GT or better
OS: W2K or XP w/SP1. If you want to use XP w/SP2, make sure it was slipstreamed, not added on afterwards.
Internet connection: A provider that puts you very close to the Internet. Speakeasy Gamer or Sysadmin connection preferably.

That should provide a decent NC2 experience. Anything less and your experience will vary from annoying to unplayable.

Oh yea, that's the right system to enjoy a good NC experience :)

IceStorm
07-12-06, 00:25
IWhen going from 512 to 1024MB ram, the game loaded faster and ran a bit smoother in general, stepping up to 1.5GB ram had no effect what so ever.It extends how long the client will run without running into the disk swap wall. I've played NC2 with 512MB, 1GB, 1.5GB, and 2GB. 1.5GB seems to be the sweet spot where I notice little swapping difference between it and 2GB if I'm moving about in-game. The client will usually crash before I cross over into that final 512MB of RAM.

If your system's crashing before you hit the 1GB to 1.5GB range, then I agree it doesn't matter. My play style allows me to reach that point, though.

SizZLeR
08-12-06, 10:31
Yeah i too xp that the amount of physical ram just extends the time it takes before u get diskswapping, however ive been running NC2 for upto 12 hrs straight on 1GB ram before the swapping was too much!

Also after i switched to running SATA disks in stripe increasing the HD RW performance by approx 90% the swapping doesnt slo the game that much anymore.

A tip: If u do have more than one physical harddrive in your computer, setup windows to make the pagefile devided between the two drives, for example set it to be fixed at 768MB on each drive, then windows will use it on both disks at the same time, meaning that u get the stripe/split effect making the rw of the pagefile way faster. :)