PDA

View Full Version : The Spiders...

Comie
01-12-06, 18:22
I have a question: Are you planning on removing 90% of the spiders that plague the wastelands as that plot arc is now over, there are many zones that are impossible to hunt in due to these crazily overpowered critters.

As an example, in I06, the zone is swarming with them... Big brown spiders spawn hatchlings, Hatchlings spawn minions... and warbots are completely swarmed... to the point i watched 3 hatchlings down a titan as they produced the largest hoard of the little buggers ive ever seen!

Are KK going to clear half of the zones out? as its getting silly.

I have killed a nest or 2 of them but the nests seem to respawn making it totally impossible to remove them from a zone.

or ami the only one whos finding issues trying to level in these places?

boreal
01-12-06, 18:28
DON'T DO THAT PLZ... it so far easy to farm them whit my droner... get crasy ass money yesterday whit that....

ok, kinda anoying i must say... but it kinda nice to see a whole bunch of 100 20/20 and 50 50/50 running at your drone.... and they all blow up.... ASAIK, it the only place a droner can farm where other class (even a tank whit a good PPU) can'T realy much do taht (they can get OWNED in 5 shoot... i know i get owned whit a maxes PPU :P)

Dribble Joy
01-12-06, 18:31
I06 was covered in them, then I took an AoE drone to them and about half are gone now.

I also say leave them there. It would be understandable that they remain after the big boss is dead. Go out there and play clean up.

Dogface
01-12-06, 18:50
It's a 'storyline event' for a reason :rolleyes:

Spoon
01-12-06, 18:58
I don't have a problem with them for the most part..

Only issues I have with the Spider Nests are where they spawn too close to GR's like Simmons and Emmerson, GR in(17% SI), to do a CST build and have to make a bonzai run to the OP without getting poisened to death... 8|

It's actually some decent content that's been addded...

Comie
01-12-06, 19:00
i read DJ's and boreals responces and thought to myself... "ok, i'll play clear up" went out there with a few RK's and let rip.

90% of them are spider minions... and give no reward at all... they are also spawned by everything...

I think my major beef is the fact that een hatchlings can spawn minions, and hence you get entire zones covered in spiders.

Oh and saying its a storyline event for a reason, only carries it so far, you dont want every zone swamped in spiders, a few... sure, even make a chaos cave/bat cave zone for em... but lets not ruin established hunting zones such as I06 with poor design.

Storyline Events should mean that another zone is attractive to go to, or something special has happend in a usually vacant zone... not make certian ones less attractive to go to.

Otherwise we'll be all out in F13 in rhino's as everywhere else is to hostile to go hunt for techs.

Jodo
01-12-06, 19:15
It can be annoying but I kinda like it. I miss being "new" to the game and not knowing whats around the next corner. I forget that they're there a lot of the time and get a decent wake up when I stumble across them.

[TgR]KILLER
01-12-06, 19:58
a few are cool but i came across a zone yesterday driving my nib pe to mb omg.. they were around everywere and shitloads about 6 of those hive things like wtf.. tried shooting 1 of those things but almost got killed 5 times..

funneh to its the people with droners who farm them for cash and money saying zomg don't delete them. nothing to do with storyline just with easy cash and xp.

for a pistol pe they are a big ass pain in the ass or for any other class that doesn't have massive aoe or a ppu up their ass.

boreal
01-12-06, 22:27
for ANY CLASS (else that droner) they are dedly.... but i have try resset them, can't do it...

as for the one saying he gain no money... maiby it time you go somewhere else ??? i still got 100 by little mob... and nearly 2-5 K by other mob !!!

Chimp
02-12-06, 18:41
no KK person has responded yet... what a surprise

Apocalypsox
02-12-06, 18:59
Moon striker > Puny spiders :lol:

There only deadly to riflers that arent careful tbh

Dribble Joy
02-12-06, 19:15
Bleh, I killed several nests on DJ with her judge. The problem that you use up so much bloody ammo and time on killing the spawned spiders after the nest is dead that the whole experience is frankly a little dull and frustrating.
The lvl 80 spiders are easier, but tend to be able to move unlike the nests.

Faid
02-12-06, 21:07
The best is when you crash and it syncs you into the zone reset point and you're in the middle of 6 million of these bastards standing on 7 other belts from other less fortunate runners.

Genji
03-12-06, 00:46
spent hours trying to find a few warbots to kill, seems to be less of them in some zones that I used to hunt in =/, and out of the handfull that I actually found most were in the middle of I shit you not atleast a couple hundred of those damned things.
I'm all for new shit, that's something everyone can love. first time I got 3 hit was GRing to Emmerson, didn't make it 20 ft.. got a better look at em later and thought "new shit? awasome" untill I realized I couldn't go hunt warbots on my spy because of them...at all. sooo very pissed. :mad:

SizZLeR
03-12-06, 13:39
Yeah lets keep the spiders, its so good money farming when u go bomb them in a doy bomber, its uber broing no doubt about that, but its good money too :D

solling
03-12-06, 14:16
the BIGGEST bad thing with the spiders that i dont think anyone have mentioned yet is they RUIN the FPS big time

have u tried opping at emmerson with the nearbyfull of those little fuckers its so so so bad

had an average of 3 fps there when we fougth yestoday for an average/bad computer liek mine all the zones with spiders gives so bad fps its hard to play in them

Hoder
03-12-06, 16:45
I'll check out I-06 as soon as i get chance and remove any excess spiders. The spider event is over now.

If anyone finds more zones full of spiders (the brown ones, that is) to the point that the zone is unplayable or killing FPS, make an ingame ticket STATING THE EXACT LOCATION so a GM can eliminate them.

cl0wn
03-12-06, 16:53
I-09 is bad aswell everytime i go there i blue screen till i die ^^

Heavyporker
03-12-06, 17:36
Noooo!!

I am training myself on how to use the combat wheeler car on these spiders!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hoder
03-12-06, 23:58
Zone I-06 cleared of all spiders - together with an old NPC and an old high security safe. I cleared a load of spiders and nests from the Emmerson factory zone too in I-07 but if any more little ones are found, just kill them - they shouldn't respawn or reproduce.

Keep making the tickets if other zones are infested with them.

Noooo!!

I am training myself on how to use the combat wheeler car on these spiders!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Better hurry, then :p We don't normally delete mobs to take the fun away from players, but when mobs are left over from long gone events - especially where they are causing zone problems for people - then we have no choice. There are plenty of other mobs to kill with your vehicle :)

Heavyporker
04-12-06, 01:54
Wait, what high security safe?!

I didn't see any in the whole zone.... was it hidden? Was it secret? Was it safe?

Pantho
04-12-06, 02:35
I reported Emmerson

i-08
and the one sout of emmerson -

ty for Deleting them.