PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question.

ShadowWolf81
01-12-06, 16:17
ok.. first some history.. i first got into mmo's threw UO and then EQ... whent to DAOC.. then Eve... currently im only playing EVE and i plan to continue playing it :angel:

But.. im missing the RPG realms... and stumbled onto Neocron threw Fileplanet. Figured i'd give it a try.. and like any veteran MMO Player while the game is buisy patching.. i whent threw the forum to studdy up on the classes/skills and whatnot.. and stumbled onto a Class/Profession guide.

and here's what i found in it that 'fits' what im after...

Driver:

What You'll Love: At the upper levels, a combat team with big vehicles pretty much owns the Wastelands, at least until someone shows up with anti-vehicle rocket launchers. There is an interesting variety of vehicles to operate, too, and more being added.

What You'll Hate: First of all, do not become a driver if you have a low frustration threshold, because this is the buggiest part of the game. Secondly, until you get to the mid level, there is no way to get XP for driving, so what you really are until then is a soldier or an infiltrator. (In fact, for PE, starting as a soldier makes a lot of sense. See below.)

Private Eye, Spy, or Tank? As a Tank, you lack the intelligence to drive anything more complicated than a jeep. Be a soldier instead, and be a gunner for the real drivers; if you want a jeep or a motorcycle, you can spend the Vehicle Combat skill points later. As a Private Eye, you can only operate ground vehicles, but you have the potential to be a gunner for those vehicles as well. Since gunners need the same skills as soldiers, it may actually make more sense for a PE driver to start as a soldier and pick up the Vehicle Combat points when they have dexterity points to spare. As a Spy, you can operate any vehicle in the game, including flying vehicles ... but can't gun almost any of them. Outside your vehicle, you're halfway helpess (especially if you're a pilot), and that limits leveling opportunities a lot.

Soldier (aka H-C Tank or H-C Private Eye):

What You'll Love: Really Big Guns. Also, you have more hit points and armor than some buildings.

What You'll Hate: You suck at everything but combat, which leaves you almost completely dependent on others for support roles. So you better really, really like combat, because that's almost all you're ever going to do.

Private Eye or Tank? Private eye soldiers don't get to use the best weapons, but they have the potential to have enough intelligence or psi to have some actual alternatives to straight combat. Only tank soldiers can operate the highest level weapons, including aircraft bomb/gun positions.

Now.. as ive been up for like 14 hours i dun wanna make a major screwup when i create/start my character ... What im looking for is the ability to be 'decent' in non-vehical combat.. BUT be able to drive any of the ground vehicals and use their guns as well (and possibly 'gun' for the flying veh's as well?)

Now if im reading the above 'snippit' correctly.. i'll want to be a Private Eye/Driver/Soldier?

Now as i cant even get into the game yet... (still patching) What do i need to do to turn out as a chracter like 'that'.. and are their any 'tips' on spending skill points as im playing?

any answers will be greatly apreciated :)

and ok.. so it wasnt a quick question... :lol: I tried to make it a quick one. ;)

Dribble Joy
01-12-06, 16:53
Tanks can't drive the bigger vehicles, though they can use the weapons more easily.

An HC PE is what I would go for, you can drive the rhino (tank with dirty big laser on it), though you will have to use a lot of implants and/or drugs to reach the 80 str requirement for the laser, and PEs only have a str 60 cap.
You also have access to psi spells and can be a respectful fighter outside the vehicle.

ShadowWolf81
01-12-06, 17:00
Tanks can't drive the bigger vehicles, though they can use the weapons more easily.

An HC PE is what I would go for, you can drive the rhino (tank with dirty big laser on it), though you will have to use a lot of implants and/or drugs to reach the 80 str requirement for the laser, and PEs only have a str 60 cap.
You also have access to psi spells and can be a respectful fighter outside the vehicle.

For someone thats like 2 hours old into Neocro.. whats a 'HC PE' :lol:

im sure PE = Private Eye.. but the HC?

vices
01-12-06, 17:07
H-C stands for heavy combat. Vehicle guns, rocket launchers, cannons etc :)

CMaster
01-12-06, 17:58
Yup. Basically roll up either a soldier or driver profession Private Eye, spec points in HC skill, find some way of slogging up the first Str level and then get killing things with a grenade launcher. If you do go driver, get rid of all the pistol combat points - you won't be needing them.
Also, the english server has 4 character slots so if you don't get on with something at first, you can try different.

I really should dig out my VHC-PE setup for these kinda questions - given Str and Int cap, can gun and drive every vehicle in the game (with a bit of imp swapping).

ShadowWolf81
01-12-06, 18:29
get rid of all the pistol points..... and put them were? in HC? (finaly figured that part out =) ) or split it with rifle/HC?

sorry for all the newbish questions *blush*

Dribble Joy
01-12-06, 18:37
You can't, the pistol points are under dexterity, while HC is under strength.

I'd say put you initial points in HC, VHC (vehicle use, the minimum is 12 for the chain bike) AGL (agility) and maybe REP (repair, though not at the start probably), under dex.

Here (http://www.techhaven.org/db/keys/vehicles) are the vehicles availiable and their requirements.
Here (http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/heavy) are the cannons.

CMaster
01-12-06, 18:52
Going to want some tech combat eventually in dex too.
But early on, agility has to be the focus, perhaps recycle for making ammo too.
Again, rifles are something you won't be touching.

Also, while the links DJ gave are good, Here's a guide (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/vehicle-guides/) (erm, FUCK, I just obliteterated all the combat ground vehicle sections... Thats gonna take me a while to fix.) that tells you a little more about the vehicles.
Also one that I could do with editing slightly, but there you go.

CMaster
02-12-06, 18:05
Also, while the links DJ gave are good, Here's a guide (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/vehicle-guides/) (erm, FUCK, I just obliteterated all the combat ground vehicle sections... Thats gonna take me a while to fix.) that tells you a little more about the vehicles.
Also one that I could do with editing slightly, but there you go.

There, fixed, with all new combat ground vehicle descriptions. Let me know if I mised anything