PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Custom H.U.D. Contest: Deadline extended

SnowCrash
30-11-06, 15:26
Due to the imminent commencement of the NC 2.2 public test phase we would like to offer you more time to complete your custom H.U.D.s so you may fully concentrate on the test sessions. Therefore the deadline for the Neocron 2 custom H.U.D. contest has been extended to 12/01/2007.

Pantho
30-11-06, 15:47
And Due to the immense lack of entries :) -

Also, Should this be locked, OMFG

+1

athon
30-11-06, 17:46
urgh! We have to wait another 2 weeks. Could you release the entries so far so people have something to compete against? And the rest of us who suck at graphics can actually use a decently designed HUD?

Amox
30-11-06, 19:23
urgh! We have to wait another 2 weeks. Could you release the entries so far so people have something to compete against? And the rest of us who suck at graphics can actually use a decently designed HUD?

no

deadline : 12/01/2007.

we have to wait more then 2 weeks i dont know if that is english format or not but in the german anouncement it says 12.01.2007 so 12th january 2007

Nidhogg
30-11-06, 20:24
It's January 12th. We don't give dates in crazy US formats. :p

N

athon
30-11-06, 21:30
Bah - that's even worse.

kurai
02-12-06, 02:03
Good grief.

Seriously ? More time needed just to edit a couple of dozen small mono bitmaps ?

People - it's not rocket science, trust me on this, and KK have even helpfully zipped up the relevant files in a handy package for you.

If you can't get it done in a handful of hours ... well ... you just suck at life :p

Brammers
02-12-06, 02:08
Good grief.

Seriously ? More time needed just to edit a couple of dozen small mono bitmaps ?

People - it's not rocket science, trust me on this, and KK have even helpfully zipped up the relevant files in a handy package for you.

If you can't get it done in a handful of hours ... well ... you just suck at life :p

I'm sticking up for one of my clanmembers on this, sorry with the reloading, and unloading of the game and fiddle and tweek, this does not take a few hours. One of my clan members is designing a HUD, and he's been at it for hours to get that "It looks great" look. (And I'll admit I add a few hours with my, thats "one pixel out" checking!)

He's only done the comms and local list so far, I think a lot of the time is spent on understanding how it works. So maybe a how-to guide would be helpful at some point. (And the how-to guide is Delphi's idea not mine!)

james_finn
02-12-06, 03:21
Good grief.

No offence but today I have spent 8 hours working on the HUD - Ive done about 10% (2 rpos bmps) all of the constantly visible parts are now changed. As for doing it in a couple of hours, you are taking the micky, even a designer who designed the damn system couldnt do it that fast.

And as for the rocket science quote..... dont get me started.

/Delphi

P.S. Rocket science isnt hard I got a first in my rocket science exam two years ago.

General Crazy
02-12-06, 03:22
I'm sticking up for one of my clanmembers on this, sorry with the reloading, and unloading of the game and fiddle and tweek, this does not take a few hours. One of my clan members is designing a HUD, and he's been at it for hours to get that "It looks great" look. (And I'll admit I add a few hours with my, thats "one pixel out" checking!)

He's only done the comms and local list so far, I think a lot of the time is spent on understanding how it works. So maybe a how-to guide would be helpful at some point. (And the how-to guide is Delphi's idea not mine!)

Alot has to do with some of the windows are built in fun and interesting ways like how the comm window is not made from a straight line or how part of the vech info window is created using part of the mini map window.

One of the things I think would help KK out a lot is if they took think like the way the UI using hardcoded data and have it load from a simple XML or INI data file, I haven't programmed that much in years but I know how to do that in probably a hour where as must programmers would be able to do it in about 15 minutes.

I think KK could really make use of the community on stuff like this they could make parts of the code for stuff like this available and have the community members posts there Ideas on how to change the code, then KK can look it over if they like the idea they can add it to the game without dedicating a lot of time to stuff like that, also the same type of thing for updating some of the ingame Models as well.

I think there are a lot of vets that would be glad to help out as volunteers for this type of thing.