PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions...is it worth checking out

trigger hurt
30-11-06, 00:17
So I've been gone for almost 2 years now I think. I've missed the game, but couldnt bring myself to re-up my account due to the bugs that caused me to quit. So, I need some questions answered.

1. Is it still possible to lose an entire gogo/apartment/inventory full of items that you've had for ages. If said items are lost, has KK implemented tracking so the items can be returned?

2. I know pvp still happens. Probably lots of ganking going on too. But are their actual real op fights? Or is the map dominated by one side or the other with absolutly no chance of grabbing territory for yourself?

3. Have the hacknet issues with op fights been fixed? No more camping the hacknet terminal after layer 3 drops? Are there some type of defenses inside the outposts hacknet zone to assist?

4. I've noticed alot of changes were proposed to be made to the skill system. Moving resistances around, Giving tanks more dex and gimping their psi. How has this affected solo pvp? Can a tank even go into a fight with a character like a pe or spy (that can cast shelter) and survive?

Pretty much all I wanted to know. Hopefully see you guys on the flipside.

Ezekial Stone/Mr.Oblivion

Chimp
30-11-06, 00:41
So I've been gone for almost 2 years now I think. I've missed the game, but couldnt bring myself to re-up my account due to the bugs that caused me to quit. So, I need some questions answered.

1. Is it still possible to lose an entire gogo/apartment/inventory full of items that you've had for ages. If said items are lost, has KK implemented tracking so the items can be returned?

2. I know pvp still happens. Probably lots of ganking going on too. But are their actual real op fights? Or is the map dominated by one side or the other with absolutly no chance of grabbing territory for yourself?

3. Have the hacknet issues with op fights been fixed? No more camping the hacknet terminal after layer 3 drops? Are there some type of defenses inside the outposts hacknet zone to assist?

4. I've noticed alot of changes were proposed to be made to the skill system. Moving resistances around, Giving tanks more dex and gimping their psi. How has this affected solo pvp? Can a tank even go into a fight with a character like a pe or spy (that can cast shelter) and survive?

Pretty much all I wanted to know. Hopefully see you guys on the flipside.

Ezekial Stone/Mr.Oblivion

Hey ezekial..

1. Never heard of that happening in NC2.

2. Few clans around nowadays.. pro city op fighting clans are Death Row(CA), SXR(BT), After Dark.. few other small clans that just level. Antis are FF, r2k, DOY.. and other small clans that just level.

3. Hacknet laming still goes on sometimes... annoying as hell.

4. Tanks can win some fights... you either have to hit every shot with a CS or just use a dev.. i think they upped the dev. I just came back recently and ive noticed the pops have risen quite a bit. the server stays at 12-22% i think.

TWOK
30-11-06, 02:08
1. In 3 years of playing (mostly pretty hardcore) I never lost as much as a stam booster, ignoring the DB fuckups/rollbacks. That's not to say it never happened, you'd just have to be incredibly unlucky/or too generous with your passy...

2-4. Just get back on the horse, even +1 is good. +1 makes even more +1s as we've seen the last few weeks. Bare it for a while and more will come, the pops have been reaching 22% recently and it's fun again.

trigger hurt
30-11-06, 02:16
1. In 3 years of playing (mostly pretty hardcore) I never lost as much as a stam booster, ignoring the DB fuckups/rollbacks. That's not to say it never happened, you'd just have to be incredibly unlucky/or too generous with your passy...

2-4. Just get back on the horse, even +1 is good. +1 makes even more +1s as we've seen the last few weeks. Bare it for a while and more will come, the pops have been reaching 22% recently and it's fun again.

First of all. Noone has ever had my password. Too many people on pluto losing all of their items due to sharing accounts with people. Second, apparently you don't remember the saturn rollback just before NC2 went gold. That little "glitch" cost me an entire quickbar of 3-5 slotted artifact, rare apu spells as well as a DS and an SA and a few other rare imps. Hell, I logged on the day of the hickup and the entire character was gone. That's what im talking about.

Anyway. I'll look into getting my account back if click2pay doesn't hose up.

Pantho
30-11-06, 02:42
First of all. Noone has ever had my password. Too many people on pluto losing all of their items due to sharing accounts with people. Second, apparently you don't remember the saturn rollback just before NC2 went gold. That little "glitch" cost me an entire quickbar of 3-5 slotted artifact, rare apu spells as well as a DS and an SA and a few other rare imps. Hell, I logged on the day of the hickup and the entire character was gone. That's what im talking about.

Anyway. I'll look into getting my account back if click2pay doesn't hose up.

Ive been lucky with my passy -

alot of ppl have had my acc details .

Sometimes for a few weeks, somepeople for over a year.

Most ive noticed go missing is a Gaya.

tho atm, ive got Ranom SA/DS's in cabs... i wouldnt notice if a SA went missing lol -

Only items i now some1 has taken was :

5 slot Holy group Heal
Gaya
Move-on

Not good, but tbh, not bad , considering what they could have taken

CMaster
30-11-06, 02:47
Gogo fuckups exist but have become very rare. Appartments and inventories are pretty much safe.

Despite most of earlier NC2 being extremely FF dominated, things today seem reasonably fair, with a few clans contesting the ops at the moment.

Hacknet always has been, and with all the commitment KK has to it (there are bigger issues) always like to be a joke. For every lame tactic in HN there is a way around, however :P.

Those changes you mention in part 4 haven't hit yet (although more minor skil changes have taken place since you played). They go to public test the second week of december. We expect to see them on retail servers, assuming no major catastrophies by some point in February.

Faid
30-11-06, 03:01
Ive never lost an appy or even inventory but I have bugged twice where I gained someone elses inv and gogo. O_o

tarasm
30-11-06, 03:24
Faid i had that...Its gay u cant take it..Anything u move dosent move..

CMaster
30-11-06, 03:36
Faid i had that...Its gay u cant take it..Anything u move dosent move..
Sometimes stuff really does move between or get cloned across gogos though. But gogos seem to be the only real source for that and its been over a year since I had any problem with it.

jini
30-11-06, 08:58
TWOK???? you are back and you keep it silent??? DM me immediately!

giga191
30-11-06, 14:51
Come back and fight the FF zerg.

...I really can't stop myself from saying that, I do it for the small chance that lore will post "no we don't"

Dribble Joy
30-11-06, 14:59
I've had inv and gogu issues, though that was due to my shitty connection/ntl.

Come back anyway.

[TgR]KILLER
30-11-06, 17:13

...I really can't stop myself from saying that, I do it for the small chance that lore will post "no we don't"

Your in luck i'm here...

you mean join FF and fight the pro city zerg tbh :(

RogerRamjet
30-11-06, 17:18

It's a similar thing me with.

Except I do it in the hope Unreal will ask the mods to stop the spam.

pabz
30-11-06, 17:26
rofl :angel:

Pantho
30-11-06, 17:37
To be fair.

Ive heard alot of bad things about FF -

But never seen them.

Been to 4/5 OP wars with them, they dont barrel , unless barrel'd by that clan first -

They tell members not to come if its even.
They stand away from the UG, and Lore tells member in team NOT to attack until the player moves.

Say what ya want kids, FF are KoS to me anyways, but they have handled themselves with respect since ive been playing

RogerRamjet
30-11-06, 17:53
To be fair to FF, the best fights I had were when I was in R2K vs them.

Some excellent fights, and we always got to flame fluffy on alliance afterwards. What more could you want?

Terayon
30-11-06, 18:02
I never realy liked ff. I dont know why, becouse after a while i liked pretty much every member. Exept giga. Used to shoot at me from inside the chaos cave exit. :P That clan from pluto, sx, or somthing i cant remember used to tell me horror stories from their server, mighta had somthing to do with it.

May have just had a bad experiance but i activated a while ago again. Played for about an hour every second day or so. Spent the whole time looking for fights at the racetrack, pp, crp, battledome, and sometimes just random wasteland zones. Couldent find any so i would log my monk for some mb zone line fights which btw, still arnt fun. Im in a bad timezone for nc though so that may have had somthing to do with it.

And why dousent anyone like nf anymore :( .

giga191
30-11-06, 18:05
Pantho has been SXRed into liking FF :D

unreal
30-11-06, 18:56
Been to 4/5 OP wars with them, they dont barrelLaugh. They might not do it lately then but you should have seen them months ago, they would do anything to zerg the map. :rolleyes: Always hate the overpoweredness of Monks.

jini
30-11-06, 21:48
Terayon, you should join a clan for OP fights. Recent changes in SL rules have driven people away from fighting in mb. only fun now is in op fights. But this might change when evo2.2 arrives.

As for FF, there is nothing wrong with them, and I am enjoying fighting against Krin/Darky/Lore. Now we also have castro in the picture. Also I enjoy very much figths against R2K as well. Very good clan

See no Evil
01-12-06, 01:13
[ edited ] The weird thing is when he did that, I was online .... I asked GMs to do something but I quit fast doing it because they are kinda useless for that ... What I lost is highly rare : AntiRadiation Suit, Holy Pestilence, NC1 HAB*2, 3* 4slotted ultimateed weapons (Dissy, First Love and CS), some WoC PA and more. Then I quitted Neocron .... And now I'm still not back on but I may one day ...

Dribble Joy
01-12-06, 01:59
If you give people your email address, and it's the same one that you use for your NC account, then there's a danger they could get in to find the PW. Especially with hotmail (though it's not a hacker vulnerable as previously).

Dogface
01-12-06, 01:59
Recent changes in SL rules have driven people away from fighting in mb

You have got to be joking, I passed through MB tonight and saw an insane amount (probably around 10+) of DR and AD (who had me parad, DB'd, antibuffed, dev'd and half dead by the time I had zoned in) with a few FF who were being mega zerged with para and DB spam by the pro city PPUs. For a second I thought there was an event going on or something. Then I came to my senses.

Anyway, despite this odd occurance, may aswell come back. OP wars are active, not many bugs left in general, apartment/gogu bugs I've never had and with 2.2 on the way it would be a nice place to start off again. Test server out soon too!

jini
01-12-06, 07:37
I thought people had stopped going there lol. Anyway, its declining and there are always exceptions to the rule ;)

SorkZmok
01-12-06, 08:01
To be fair to FF, the best fights I had were when I was in R2K vs them.

Some excellent fights, and we always got to flame fluffy on alliance afterwards. What more could you want?Hahaha, even FF made fun of him all the time. :lol:

pabz
01-12-06, 10:43
lol @ aggresion at mb :angel:

giga191
01-12-06, 14:21
You lol too much.

Terayon
01-12-06, 14:28
Lots of stuff realy drove me away from the new op war style. For instance the actual fighting seems to mostly consist of a certain clan running questionable third party programs while clipping around the ug exit on their monks. Though i never realy did try an op war last month so maybe its worth a try.

giga191
01-12-06, 14:32
You can't really compete without a monk. I actually tried fighting an xbow char on my PPUed monk for the first time a week or so ago, and I dropped him in 2 HLs. I'm quite proud of the amount of monks that I've dropped now that I've seen how unfair it is

Terayon
01-12-06, 14:43
Usualy takes alot more then that. Like 5+ . Unless he was one of those no drugs hightech pe's. Then i could see how thats possable.

giga191
01-12-06, 14:48
I used my great monks skills, I shall say no more