PDA

View Full Version : Teams Clans & Clan Apartments

BaDDaSS
28-11-06, 16:53
I think it would be nice if being in a clan had some of the effects of being in a Team.
For instance, being able to pickup clanmate's belts would be cool.

I also think it would be nice if, when teamed, you can view all your team mate's health at the top of your screen - like many other MMOs.
This would be especially useful for PPUs in leveling teams.

On the issue of Clan Apartments, I have been unable to drop trophies in clan apartments, even as the Leader/Key Owner. Is this just me or is it intended?
Because afaik Clan Apts can be decorated?

Also, I know it's been mentioned many times before, but it would be nice to have a hackable cabinet that anyone can access. Then people wouldn't need to make clans just for the sake of transfering items between alts.

Just a few ideas that I thought I would post. Feedback please =]

Dribble Joy
28-11-06, 17:13
I think it would be nice if being in a clan had some of the effects of being in a Team.
If anything, I and several people here, want this feature removed. That and giving loot rights to the killer from the dead guy's belt.

I also think it would be nice if, when teamed, you can view all your team mate's health at the top of your screen - like many other MMOs.
Erm... you can....

On the issue of Clan Apartments, I have been unable to drop trophies in clan apartments, even as the Leader/Key Owner. Is this just me or is it intended?
My apt (which is a clan apt) is covered with furniture, random bits of crap and about 10 trophies.

Also, I know it's been mentioned many times before, but it would be nice to have a hackable cabinet that anyone can access. Then people wouldn't need to make clans just for the sake of transfering items between alts.
Not overly bothered about this....

Brammers
28-11-06, 17:22

I don't think everyone would be too keen on allowing other clanmates to take their belts when not teamed. This is more to trust issues. Also the hackers would be upset with less potenial belts to hack.

As for having teammates's health at the top of the screen, ohh please! The number of times I accidently let a teammate die, because I didn't see his health bar in burried in the comms area or the RPOS have been numerious.

Clan apartments can be decorated.

How are you placing the objects? You said you are "dropping" the trophies, which doesn't sound right. Put them in your quickbelt, and aim the trophy and click 3 times very quickly. If you get a "Can't place object here" then something is up.

Dribble Joy
28-11-06, 17:24
Actually it's double click, but you just have to do it fast.

BaDDaSS
28-11-06, 19:56
Lol, i used the term dropping losely, I was doing the double click thing etc.

Everywhere I tried I got "item cannot be places here" until I got pissed off and went and put them in another apartment lol.

@DJ you cant have health bars at the top of the screen, well not static at least.
The dumb health bars remain with the direction arrows, which isn't always the easiest to see.

Kierz
28-11-06, 21:49
For instance, being able to pickup clanmate's belts would be cool.agreed with DJ, this feature should be totally removed from teams, it's very carebear =]

This would be especially useful for PPUs in leveling teams.it's fine how it is, redoing it would just be wasting the little development time they have

Dogface
28-11-06, 21:52
NC has a nice 'uncomfortable' feel to it. One of the things I really like about NC is that life in the game isn't made easy, but not so much so that it doesn't function well.

For example the interface, in some games you can have the whole thing customised to suit your specific needs and play styles. Like with the team thing, where the boxes are flying around all over the edge of the screen with simply just the players HP on it. Probably not designed for comfort, it's just that way because it's simple.

There are a lot of other aspects in the game (another being the newbie starting area) where it's just an honest case of the game not being handed to you on a plate.

With NC, 'no - fuck it, like it or lump it I'm afraid' kind of attitude.

Jodo
28-11-06, 22:15

I'm not so sure about hackable cabinets but I would like a "Runner constructed" cabinet that has a chance of slots. With each slot you can "add" a runners name and thus each runner that has his name in the cabinet can access it as if it were his own. Perhaps even leave cash for later pickup. It should be extremley difficult to get slots on these things though making them very valuable and possibly rare.
I would like to see this slots & names idea on vehicle keys too.

vices
28-11-06, 22:44
In addition to just killing the levelers, they wanna rip their stuff too now! :( </carebear>

unreal
29-11-06, 00:44
If anything, I and several people here, want this feature removed. That and giving loot rights to the killer from the dead guy's belt.I'm definitely in favour for the first bit like I said in the other thread, but the chunk in bold is just filthy. :lol: Definitely a big no from me to the whole belt looting thing in general. I think all belts should be hacked so that hacking becomes more of a neccessity than it currently is. The skills are there, make people use them more often damnit. Because of being able to loot teamed belts instantly, noone ever drops anything of value because their friend (these days, usually a PPU buttplugg) will just run along and loot all the belts at ease.

@Jodo: That's quite a bit of unneccessary extra work for them to do. An all access cabinet (ie. box) that doesn't get emptied along with the hackable equivalent would be a big help to all of us when transferring items around, and be considerably easier to implement while generally performing the same task, but without that extra security. Reakktor have plenty enough to do as it is and keeping things simple and similair to what's already available is the best way for them to go.

I didn't particularly enjoy placing a WoC disc and 249 x Redflash in a box near the Venture Warp in TH sector 2 the other week to be able to give it to my PE. Especially when I got 50/50'd when I first attempted to log my PE on and saw someone appear on local. :rolleyes:

As for the health bar though, shouldn't your PPU be NEAR the people you're levelling with? 8| I only agree that there's a bit of a problem in the sense that the name tags end up hovering over one another in the corners of the screen, and usually the HUD gets in the way making it even more difficult to see the bars/names. You should be able to counter the latter of the two by making your HUD semi-transparent though. I would love to see number or percentage values added to those bars. With the differences in the amont of health each character has, sometimes the bars can be a bit misleading.

Another problem is that I'm sure you've all noticed, health values aren't updated particularly fast. You only see the change a second or two later in most cases. You can really notice that when using barrels or just most APU spells. The worst of them all being Silent Hunter, Rhino and Reveler (and probably most of the combat vehicles) shots. If you have used those classes/professions yourself you'll generally know what amount of health they have, both buffed and unbuffed, and have a general idea of what resists they have. So it's not too much of a problem in that sense.

Jodo
29-11-06, 02:48
That's quite a bit of unneccessary extra work for them to do. An all access cabinet (ie. box) that doesn't get emptied along with the hackable equivalent would be a big help to all of us when transferring items around, and be considerably easier to implement while generally performing the same task, but without that extra security. Reakktor have plenty enough to do as it is and keeping things simple and similair to what's already available is the best way for them to go.

I know it's out of reach of the current design and normally, I try to keep these ideas as simple and smililar as possible, but I would really like to see this put in to the game, especially with the vehicle keys. It's the nice touches and attention to detail that make a game and storyline enjoyable. This is an idea I've had since NC1 and I'd still love to see it. There'd be no real loss to the game atmosphere if such an idea were implemented. People don't log on to get the thrill of fear when you see another runner appearing in local while you get stuck synching.