PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Local connection problem...

nobby
25-11-06, 13:29
I'm currently trying to get my PS2 online (again)
I had no problem a couple of days ago, but today my Local area connection, doesn't seem to be recieving packets.

Would anyone be able to help ?

Nidhogg
25-11-06, 14:39
Wow, an off-topic thread from Nobby. Who'd a thunk it? That makes 48 off-topic vs 2 on-topic in the last 50 threads you've posted. Grats.

Plug the network cable in?

N

Jodo
25-11-06, 15:01
Wow, an off-topic thread from Nobby. Who'd a thunk it? That makes 48 off-topic vs 2 on-topic in the last 50 threads you've posted. Grats.

hahaha. There are a lot of OT threads. You should make an OT forum called "Nobby's Corner" . :D

nobby
25-11-06, 19:34
I got in trouble changing the subject of threads of mine, so I create New ones !

Stop being so mean :(

nobby
27-11-06, 19:40
Nidhogg I don't see why you don't bloody remake the "Off Topic" forum you removed !

anyway, I found that because I had my PC online already, it wouldn't recieve the packets.

Is there a way to have both my PC online and my Playstation 2 without there being an IP conflict ?

Jodo
27-11-06, 19:50
There should be as you can have multiple pc's on at once. Alas, I don't know enough about it, a friend who has his own IT company does all my stuff for me. :D

Mishakal
27-11-06, 19:53
tried looking at ur network settings to see if u can manually assign ip's?

nobby
27-11-06, 21:32
I'm sure I problably could, I dunno what to change the IP to tho

rob444
27-11-06, 23:42
Is there a DHCP server running (giving out IP's - like a router)?

Is it the correct cable (newer routers do accept crossed cables these days as well)?

Is it possible your ISP has assigned your IP with a specific MAC address, which prevents you from accessing the internet with other devices at home except your home pc?