PDA

View Full Version : [AD] NeoCron Ownz All

Rage
25-11-06, 01:20
I really want to see Neocron expand.. i dont see how folks dont like it.. it has so many features, least when it comes to tech stuff.. dont think ill see any woodshop in NC no time soon =P

but beyound that.. how can we help NC sides word of mouth(someone may have already wrote this topic but meh)

it maybe that its just bad timing b/c i saw or see new players everytime i play.. but its just like a empty party.. ppl keep coming and leaving.. if everybody would just stay we'd have a better party

and im not opposed to putting some of tha ads up on my myspace or youtube page etc if its something we can directly use thats easy to setup. i've play'd alot MMO's and i still think NC is 1 of tha best if not the best. i hear Eve Online is good but bein stuck in space yuck :rolleyes: now if we could land them puppies.. we'd be rollin

only a matter of time b4 NC goes into space if the devs still workin on the game in that kinda view

anyway post any ideas u think might or could help sides word of mouth and any advice the GMs could give would be appriciated

lets get something on TV.. i think that would help alot. get NC listed on some more MMO sites would be nice :)

but i mean.. any simple thing also

Hell-demon
25-11-06, 01:22
Lets send christmas presents and supplies to KK's office! :D

sanityislost
25-11-06, 05:21
im sorry but after years of trying and hoping that something would happen i was just disappointed .

SiL ..:..

Rage
02-12-06, 21:34
I was over at MMORPG.com (and I agree with what everybody said) if they would have done something they would have done it by now.. maybe they should sell NC to a company that will do something with it.. but anyway

I was over at MMORPG.com and maybe they could do a contest.. ppl like free stuff and thats quick publicity. Say lunch a new patch or features and announce 'NeoCron the cyber punk universe of all MMOs is announcing a new feature/patch(whatever) and will be giving away fifty 30-day passes for NC get the standard 15-day trail with a chance to win a free-month after game play"

or something like that, i know my numbers wrong but you get the main idea. but you start putting that on sites.. your game pop gone sky rocket, even 100 to 200 more people is alot and thats easier to pull off then you think takin its like something billion people online. might get more then 100 or 200 really.

just an idea... a bit rough but standard

athon
02-12-06, 22:12
They already tried that. Seriously, advertising alone is not going to make this game, as it stands right now, popular again. I think the balancing, if it works, will help. But I feel there are key features missing from this game - many of which were promised by KK in past updates but were then abandoned. This game has too many flaws - advertising campaigns may give a temporary boost, but then the new players, like the older ones, get bored of the problems and the broken promises and leave.

If many of the promised features such as Player Shops aren't possible with the current engine, then I would say that Neocron needs an entirely new engine. Unfortunately it's not likely to get one any time soon, and there are other games in development which will, in my opinion, probably replace Neocron.

The only reason Neocron survives at the moment is because there is (afaik) currently no other game like it. Unfortunately for KK, that isn't going to stay the situation indefinitely (or for long judging by some of the other games I'm keeping an eye on - namely Fallen Earth and there's some MMOFPS' which could take the people who just stay for the PvP, such as Huxley)

Rogue Arson
03-12-06, 03:30
How long did the "No more Elves" campaign last anyway? That was just the thing to draw ppl in our direction. If we could just find a nice way for the community to flood the relevant sites with that kinda sentiment, we'd catch more ppl.

lovepudding
04-12-06, 20:06
As a new player, the first thing I noticed about Neocron, what the fact it wasn’t like every other Diku clone. (IE: Neocron has a fast pace PvP combat system, duck and cover constant motion, little if no lock-on auto attack and no wooden weapons!)

Really, Neocron is the antithesis to World of Warcraft. I was more than amazed this game was out there. I only found it on MMORPG.COM, way down on the list, hidden away from the world.

Neocron’s cyber-punk apocalyptic style is a gem in Diku clone desert.

If Neocron was to be touted as the anti-WOW game, that would turn heads. And, put a funny video out there with Neocron NPC battling with WOW characters. I would like to see a “laser” slice through a pack of fluttering fairies. I imagine the fairies would fall to the virtual ground like melted ice cream.

You need something edgy… and movies tend to fill that bill. Make the movies anti-WOW and put them out there on MMORPG.com and see what happens.

nobby
04-12-06, 20:35
The 1st time I saw Neocron, Was on TV!

YES ! TV!

Four years ago, I remember waking up, turned on cybernet on channel 3 and They showed a slight bit of neocron.

Wasn't much but I thought it looked alright :p

KK needs more of that !

rob444
04-12-06, 20:49
I'm not sure how to advertise it really, I guess it's time to program that forum spambot after all :rolleyes:

Seraphin[69]
04-12-06, 21:09
That was on TV for me aswell on a sat's channel : Gameone

They were showing what was Neocron and I loved the concept !

Super Mario
04-12-06, 21:54
Dont get me wrong i love NC BUT.....

if you want to make neocron great and expand the playerbase SOME people have to stop scaring potential new players with some of the stuff said on OOC, Trade and most importently HELP channels!!!!

Now people that see themselves as vets even people that know a great deal about the game try cruising the help channel and help people out.
And those of us that are not children who are still trying to ween (i think thats the word) from the bottle should not let people talk the way they do in these channels it's a disgrace tbh and makes me want to leave again.

Nothing said about me yet but what is said about other people is not acceptable (unless in an RP sence but tbh apart from some deadecated rps i doubt there are any on the server (terra)) So think about what you want let NC die or lets completely destroy other mmoRPGs i know what i want!!!

Super M

P.s
lets hear what you have to say guys am i being stupid or ......

Chimp
04-12-06, 22:17
One HUGE thing KK can do is make all weapons and psi spells buyable from a shop at 100+% stats until level 30 and then you have to get a researcher and constructor to do the 30+ weapons. I mean ffs.. look at the player base and you expect a new guy to buy a shit 40% weapon and spend hours killing rats and mutants. Help yourself here KK... do the little things and you'll come out a winner.

lovepudding
04-12-06, 22:44
lets hear what you have to say guys am i being stupid or ......

Super M…
I agree with you about new players. I only have about 30ish hours into the game. I find, when I ask questions in the help channel, during the weekend, my questions are usually answered in short order. During the weekdays, I usually don’t get a response back.

However, I got to say, once my toon reached level 30ish and had a little credit in my toon’s virtual pockets; I tended to explore the NC world, without asking a lot of questions in the ‘help’ channel. I would venture a guess, during a player’s first 30 hours of game play; the vets will get spammed with questions in the help channel. After the first 30 hours of game play, I am pretty sure most new players will feel comfortable enough running about NC’s virtual world, without asking a lot of questions in the ‘help’ channel.

Super Mario
05-12-06, 00:16
This maybe true but not everyone can cope at the begin! And they might look at the help channel and think... whats the point!!!

i was just thinking there's no harm in helping and loads in spamming a load of crap and insults on the public channels

so what do you think about the spamming in the public channels?? dont you agree something should be done about it??

Super M

Snedex
05-12-06, 01:30
This maybe true but not everyone can cope at the begin! And they might look at the help channel and think... whats the point!!!

i was just thinking there's no harm in helping and loads in spamming a load of crap and insults on the public channels

so what do you think about the spamming in the public channels?? dont you agree something should be done about it??

Super M

Well the main problem is the public chans are not moderated or watched by gms, i have waited 3 hours for a gm to finally put a spammer to rest after a macro was left on a char in newbie mc5.

Also the help channel isn't helpful and not everyone buys the box set, so there really needs to be a definitive guide a complete newbie can turn to from either KK themselves, or maintained by players and moderated by KK which is available ingame. The ingame help is pathetic and half done and imho no help to complete newbies who dont know how to level, setup characters and take missions. Once that is implemented properly then you can concentrate on exansion with and expanding player base.

Also on the other hand, sloppy coding or design flaws leading to sync errors, login bugs and fatal runtime errors need to be addressed with the help system. Proper packet management and memory management need to be in place to attract a playerbase to this game and then you can think about adding content for the oldies that still hang round this game. all imho feel free to rip me to shreds :)

P.S please fix the hud eating my monitor

Nemesis40
06-12-06, 00:41
Is all you guys from USA ??
Am from Norway and only Neocron game you can buy is the old one. Am not sure what the problem is, but you must have something to lore player in to the game and make sure they are interesting to play more, else they are moving a way, like what a storyteller/writer will do when he is telling/write his book. But hi am only played for a while. Am not sure there is a player economics, trade house or other player activity. Player will have something back for his time of playing, and something surprise.

Nidhogg
06-12-06, 02:20
Is all you guys from USA ??
Am from Norway...
I'm over there next week. A little place called Mongstad. Pretty, but boring.

N

Prodigious
06-12-06, 02:56
First time i heard of Neocron was in PCZone. It came with the offline demo which was ace, completely different to other games i had played (mainly FPS's like Deus Ex, Half Life/CS etc etc) and it got a great review score of 85%.

I remember at the time it said it had a great base to build on basically. And even though i havnt pld for maybe 2 years now :o it still looks like nothing has happened. I stuck up for this game for a long time and would love to come back (in fact i tried to but the hassle when 2.0 came out seemed too much. And since it seemed like drugs were no longer as simple as popping to the shop i was reduced to the idea of taking those lom pills...........
Id probably have to start from new if i did, would be quicker than sorting out the mess that are my chars at minute.

Anyway basically, yeah, demo, review all good from PCZone, got me hooked for a long time.

Good base to build on they say..

what score did NC2 get in PCZone?

PS am i likely to be banned for mentioning that?

SizZLeR
12-12-06, 11:05
What actually got me to play NC was because of the free BETA version of NC2, i was playing there for like 3 or 4 weeks before NC2 went final and i got so hooked on it that i went and bought the game. :D

Even though ive NEVER been in to RPG as they all were too limited for me to find any interest in them, and also the days of "Swords and Magic" have never been pleasing my taste.

So when i discovered this large world taking place in a time that in approx 60% of the way is like RL and 40% sci-fi i couldnt turn it down. :)

The balance is great i think, regarding the RL vs SciFi in game.

Amongst the different RPGs out there, they to me all look like different versions of the LOTR world. (which btw never cought my interest either) ;)

Well basically in regar to this posts topic, it was the free 4 weeks that made me try out NC, not what i read about it on gamespot etc. :)