PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal?

MechWarriorX
25-11-06, 00:18
I am looking at the feature of Neocorn 2 and it looks freakon awesome.

How come everyone trashes it?

Is there something im missing?

Also how bad is the population right now?

Is it true that there like 100 people playing at some times on a whole server?

I am getting this info from mmorpg.com forums, so I take it with a grain of salt before I believe it.

Dogface
25-11-06, 00:24
Don't trust mmorpg.com forum users all the time, as many of them are bitter ex-players with a grudge.

Neocron is definitely worth playing at the moment, give it a go ;)

Apocalypsox
25-11-06, 00:27
What dogface said. there are more than 100 people playing. And MMORPG forums dont do justice to NC. the only way youll get a real forum is linking your forum account to a game account and getting acess to all the forums here.

MechWarriorX
25-11-06, 00:54
Sadly im a bit short on funds right now.

But il be damned if im passing this game up.

Im downloading now and will give it a go.

How does the trial work?

silent000
25-11-06, 01:13
Andy's Tip of the Day: buy the Neocron2 box set from eBay or your local game store so you dont have to pay a large fee normally 7x the price after the 10 day free trial

I have done my good deed for the day :angel:

MechWarriorX
25-11-06, 01:51
Andy's Tip of the Day: buy the Neocron2 box set from eBay or your local game store so you dont have to pay a large fee normally 7x the price after the 10 day free trial

I have done my good deed for the day :angel:

I dont understand, can you calrify about this please?

They charge different ammount for game in store than online?

CMaster
25-11-06, 01:57
The charge for a lisence online is somewhere around €30 (I forget the exact number).
If you look around, you find it for as little as £0.99 in some stores.
The trial is pretty basic - you have to sign up with click2play with a credit card however and cancel before your trial is up to avoid paying.

Rakanishu
25-11-06, 02:26
If you buy the game on Ebay or anywhere, the box set with the CD key number, you get four weeks of free play. Then you gotta pay thru Click2Play. This is Neocron 2 box I am talking about. I got it on Ebay for about 7 dollars, and it shipped to usa from the UK.

Everyone trashes this game simply because everyone LOVES it, we are so passionate about it that we complain to no end. Its unlike any other online game out there, it just rocks!

Population on Terra server, which is english/french is about 10% average, so thats about 100 people on at any given time I guess. It peaks at 16% on good days.

But its enough people to have a good time. No, you will not see populations like you see in WoW at ironforge or stormwind

This game is just very very addictive. The skill system and tradeskills are pure genius and the combat is first rate, you really feel like you are in control of what you are shooting at, not some turn-based crap you see on some online games.

The best part of this game is the atmosphere. The hi-tech and futuristic sight and feel to it, its amazing. The sounds you hear from the soundtrack playing in background to the girls talking thru some invisible intercom while you in the city is just over the top.

Very immersive game

MechWarriorX
25-11-06, 02:40
is there any places that you can buy the liscense and have it sent to you instantly without having the Physical game shipped?

I rather jump into the game than be on a limited trial for a few days.

I also want to play tonight :D

General Crazy
25-11-06, 05:29
is there any places that you can buy the liscense and have it sent to you instantly without having the Physical game shipped?

I rather jump into the game than be on a limited trial for a few days.

I also want to play tonight :D

Neocron 2 Trial is the full game with all it's features intacked just like you just purchased a boxed version of the game, other then at the end of the trial if you decide to keep playing you have to purchase the game from Reakktor to keep the same charaters.

Darq[Terra]
25-11-06, 11:28
Yeah, the free trial is the full game, but if you buy a boxed copy, you'll lose the characters you made during the free trial because it'll be under a different account. I just went ahead and paid for the game through Click2Pay after my 10-day trial. The cost wasn't all that much ($28 or something) compared to the convenience of not having to start over, and just being able to continue on my merry way.

I would recommend that when you make a character, you do NOT choose a Dome of York faction your first time out. Instead, go with something like Tangent Technologies, City Admin, ProtoPharm, Biotech, NEXT, or Diamond Real Estate. Starting out in Neocron City is much easier than Dome of York.

Rakanishu
25-11-06, 18:58
but if you buy a boxed copy, you'll lose the characters you made during the free trial because it'll be under a different account.

What? I bought the boxed Neocron 2 game off of Ebay. It had a CD key in it for me to use, the box was sealed and unopened. I'm playing the game right now using the four free weeks of gameplay, it even advertised that on the cover of the game box.

I have a username and password set up with Reakktor, but I'm currently not paying a monthly fee.

Are you telling me that the four characters I created will be deleted when my four free weeks have expired? OMG.. i got a Tech Level 86 Droner I have slaved over the past couple weeks.

I don't have an account set up with Click2Play yet? I figured at end of my four free weeks I could somehow get Click2Play to accept my credit card and the four characters I created would still be there by using the username and password Reakktor gave me for the four free weeks of gameplay.

CMaster
25-11-06, 20:43
What? I bought the boxed Neocron 2 game off of Ebay. It had a CD key in it for me to use, the box was sealed and unopened. I'm playing the game right now using the four free weeks of gameplay, it even advertised that on the cover of the game box.

I have a username and password set up with Reakktor, but I'm currently not paying a monthly fee.

Are you telling me that the four characters I created will be deleted when my four free weeks have expired? OMG.. i got a Tech Level 86 Droner I have slaved over the past couple weeks.

I don't have an account set up with Click2Play yet? I figured at end of my four free weeks I could somehow get Click2Play to accept my credit card and the four characters I created would still be there by using the username and password Reakktor gave me for the four free weeks of gameplay.

No he's saying that if you play the 10-day trial, THEN buy a box you can't use the box to liscence the trial account. Your characters will be fine.

Darq[Terra]
26-11-06, 00:40
No he's saying that if you play the 10-day trial, THEN buy a box you can't use the box to liscence the trial account. Your characters will be fine.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, and thank you CMaster for the clarification. :)

darkhub
27-11-06, 00:46
[ edited ]

-=Jismo=-
27-11-06, 16:50
on sunday night there was a server peak of 32% thats like 380 ppl thats the most hat have been on neocron for almost a year

Forget My Name
27-11-06, 17:00
I am looking at the feature of Neocorn 2 and it looks freakon awesome.
Which Feature?

How come everyone trashes it?
Not everyone does. But the majority of the MMO community does trash it. For many, many reasons, but why do you care why they trash it? Most of them play WoW....

Also how bad is the population right now?
The population is pretty bad, but its actually getting better and better in my opinion. Servers can drop to nearly 2-4% population late at night if you are an American, which would be around 40 players, and as high as 15% during the day time in America, which would be around 170ish people.

Is it true that there like 100 people playing at some times on a whole server?\
Yes its true. Just like I mentioned above.

I am getting this info from mmorpg.com forums, so I take it with a grain of salt before I believe it.
Good. Just buy the game, make sure you have a credit card as the free trial isn't really free, and try it out yourself. You might actually like the smaller population because you literally get to know everyone who plays! If you don't have access to a credit card, ask your folks ( I don;t know your situation) because you need a credit card just to play the free trial. No money is needed from the credit card, just the card number.

Durandal|AI
27-11-06, 17:39
Good. Just buy the game, make sure you have a credit card as the free trial isn't really free,

lol.. they dont charge you anything - so its free, isnt it?