PDA

View Full Version : Start of the public Neocron Evolution 2.2 test server phase announced

SnowCrash
24-11-06, 16:10
Dirk „John“ Doe Wilhelmy, Senior Programmer at Reakktor Media, has just announced the date for the start of the public Neocron Evolution 2.2. test server phase. Learn more about it in this forum thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136700).

RogerRamjet
24-11-06, 16:51
First post!

Niiiiice.

Dogface
24-11-06, 16:57
Christ I hope my C2P kafaffle gets sorted soon :eek:

Looking foward to hearing the new server settings.

james_finn
24-11-06, 17:04
woohoo! Nice one KK.

Jagrfelm
24-11-06, 17:13
Hell yeah, finally! Cant wait to see it!

RusSki
24-11-06, 17:31
The stuff of legends

Brammers
24-11-06, 17:34
Excellent! ;) :cool:

giga191
24-11-06, 17:44
Could you not just transfer chars and limit the max xp to 157mil, delete woc from chars, and maybe 10 spaces for items (qb)? I think that it's a bit much that I have to pay subscription and you are removing my ability to play my main char for however long the test server is up :(

Carnage
24-11-06, 17:46
Could you not just transfer chars and limit the max xp to 157mil, delete woc from chars

No, thats not possible.

Kierz
24-11-06, 18:09
2 weeks till test server \o/

silent000
24-11-06, 18:17
Kierz i wanna see teh str woc PE! :D.

Im be blaitently pvping with my blacksun too....KK if it aint good Andy will not be a happy PE! :mad:

ROZZER187
24-11-06, 18:19
nice, shame im leaving nc soon till i get internet at my new house. so i doubt i will even see the test server :lol:

giga191
24-11-06, 18:34
No, thats not possible.How much do i have to paypal you to get 10 items transferred?

Riddle
24-11-06, 18:39
Fantastic news, Hopefully people will not test just their setups ! :)

Dribble Joy
24-11-06, 19:48
Spaff. My course at uni will take a serious dent because of this but I'm unsure if I care :p.

Mishakal
24-11-06, 20:01
now where'd i put my install disks.....

athon
24-11-06, 20:15
Fantastic news, Hopefully people will not test just their setups ! :)
Isn't that actually mostly the point for this test server? In this case we DO want people to be mainly testing different setups to see how they perform.

unreal
24-11-06, 20:24
Woah. Sex!

Edit: Or not. What happens if we want to test a class we don't have on our own account? Will you make available some way of transferring a capped character (ie. in my case a Tank) to my own account?

Jodo
24-11-06, 21:08
Great news. I look forward to it. :D

@ Unreal: I wouldn't think so. It would fall to someone else to test that type of char surely?

giga191
24-11-06, 22:37
It would fall to someone else to test that type of char surely?That would be an awesome way to have overpowered classes :\

Apocalypsox
24-11-06, 22:52
Am i right to asume that you need an active account to participate? *hovers finger over the reactivate button*

Carnage
24-11-06, 23:44
Am i right to asume that you need an active account to participate?

Yes, thats right.

unreal
25-11-06, 00:07
@ Unreal: I wouldn't think so. It would fall to someone else to test that type of char surely?It's not going to be much of a test server then if we can't test all the classes/professions? All we'll get is biased responses from people who play those character types often. Similair to why a lot of rubbish has been posted on the balancing forum.

Would Reakktor be able to create an account with each of the classes all with capped levels where we could all have the ability to transfer each class to our own account, with a unique character name?

Is there going to be instant LOM pills or something similair as well? If not, mind my french, but we're screwed.

Carnage
25-11-06, 00:13
Is there going to be instant LOM pills or something similair as well? If not, mind my french, but we're screwed.

we will try to mix some pills for ya ;)
Maybe for raising skills too 8|

Rob01m
25-11-06, 00:16
we will try to mix some pills for ya ;)
Maybe for raising skills too 8|

That would be best. Skill loss/gain pills that don't have any side-effects including time, since it is a test server afterall. It would take too long to test everything if we had to gain a lot of exp and wait for LOM pills. :D

Dogface
25-11-06, 00:21
No no, I think it's vitally important to level characters to test a massive variety of weapons throughout all techlevels. We don't want the only weapons tested to be rare, epic and WoC weapons..

Kierz
25-11-06, 01:00
Kierz i wanna see teh str woc PE! :D.

Im be blaitently pvping with my blacksun too....KK if it aint good Andy will not be a happy PE! :mad:man i've been making some sick setups i coulda used if the only req for the str woc pa's was str woc1 (ie, str woc pes could use) =]

No no, I think it's vitally important to level characters to test a massive variety of weapons throughout all techlevels. We don't want the only weapons tested to be rare, epic and WoC weapons..i'll be starting chars there as well as transfering some to test =] *hopes there isn't a limit to transfering chars like once each*

silent000
25-11-06, 01:09
Ill take m H-C tank, my WoC Pistol Spy and my Hi-Tech Pistol PE then ill make a new one.....and it wont be a monk before u say nethin, no matter what u change they r still pooballs in cloaks!

Pantho
25-11-06, 01:11
Ive one of each char ready to transfer

3 accs. 12 slots :D -

And im going to make one of each class new, to level ..

Fuck, i was jsut catching up on coursework

-Edit,

i presume we can COPY chars to the test server?

So we can still paly our mains on Terra/mars etc

unreal
25-11-06, 01:16
Thanks Carnage. :)
No no, I think it's vitally important to level characters to test a massive variety of weapons throughout all techlevels.So you're wanting everyone to spend weeks levelling and therefore getting hundreds of millions of XP just to LOM back and forth to do testing? Noone will be prepared to do that, except maybe yourself. It's a waste of time.
We don't want the only weapons tested to be rare, epic and WoC weapons..How many people do you see running around with a TL65 laser pistol in PvP? In terms of seeing a difference with before and after, most people will be familiar with how the end-game weapons/resists work at current and will get a good picture of what's changed. Easier for most of us to see how things can be improved.

Dogface
25-11-06, 01:19
I'll be playing a PPU, sniper spy, HC tank and something else I have yet to decide..

Neally
25-11-06, 02:58
No, thats not possible.

Even transfers with the old Pandore database isn't possible anymore then?

Heavyporker
25-11-06, 03:02
Unreal... good lord. What's with you?!

The leveling experience is crucial...

The balancing of weapons, armor, and items in PvE is crucial...

Not to mention, the change to the NPC system simply *MUST* be tested at all levels.

Not to mention, not every last bit of PvP takes place between WoC-leveled runners.

*sigh*

You guys can't just focus on PvP. *sigh* How many times must we tell you that?

NAPPER
25-11-06, 03:03
1 question

1) will the neptune (test server) still be 2 slots or will it be turned to a 4 slot

NAPPER

Jodo
25-11-06, 03:12
It's not going to be much of a test server then if we can't test all the classes/professions? All we'll get is biased responses from people who play those character types often. Similair to why a lot of rubbish has been posted on the balancing forum.

But the test server won't be up for that long so there won't be time for someone to build a toon in a class they have never used before and say if it's performing correctly or not, or if it's overpowered or underpowered. They simply wouldn't know how that class previously performed and how to play to it's strengths and reinforce/avoid it's weaknesses.

Someone who plays a gentank with the new setup for 5 days with no previous experience is not going to be able to give a useful opinion.

unreal
25-11-06, 03:12
@Napper: It says Neptune will become a 4 slot server in the thread that was linked to by Snowcrash. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136700

NAPPER
25-11-06, 05:44
@Napper: It says Neptune will become a 4 slot server in the thread that was linked to by Snowcrash. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136700

sorry fucking blind theses days

Rob01m
25-11-06, 09:10
Unreal... good lord. What's with you?!

The leveling experience is crucial...

The balancing of weapons, armor, and items in PvE is crucial...

Not to mention, the change to the NPC system simply *MUST* be tested at all levels.

Not to mention, not every last bit of PvP takes place between WoC-leveled runners.

*sigh*

You guys can't just focus on PvP. *sigh* How many times must we tell you that?

How exactly does having the option of leveling/deleveling pills prevent this?

Pantho
25-11-06, 09:54
Proberly keep Neptune gimped XP!

So you can level fast :)

SorkZmok
25-11-06, 13:54
No no, I think it's vitally important to level characters to test a massive variety of weapons throughout all techlevels. We don't want the only weapons tested to be rare, epic and WoC weapons..
Thing is, 90% of all pvp is high end pvp with (fully) capped chars and the best gear one can get.

Below that, pvp is highly unbalanced.
I would really like it if there was more pvp at lower levels but in the end most people are pussies who level safely and just take out the LE when they cap. o_O

Kierz
25-11-06, 14:13
Thing is, 90% of all pvp is high end pvp with (fully) capped chars and the best gear one can get.

Below that, pvp is highly unbalanced.
I would really like it if there was more pvp at lower levels but in the end most people are pussies who level safely and just take out the LE when they cap. o_Oi'm really hoping they've made pvp at the same (lower) level more balanced now, now we just need a total char wipe and neptune to come back with normal si/slots/xp no safezones and no le =]

Cor
25-11-06, 20:42
It's been awhile... so is the test server open to all activate account members or is it invitation only??

Durandal|AI
25-11-06, 20:44
well its called public, not closed, isnt it?

SnowCrash
25-11-06, 21:29
It's been awhile... so is the test server open to all activate account members or is it invitation only??

Everyone with an active account will be able to take part, yes. All accounts will be copied to the Test server database and you can then copy your characters to the available slots.

athon
25-11-06, 21:33
What happens with regards to items? Is it going to be something like the transfer to NC2 where a snapshot is taken at a given point? Or what?

SnowCrash
25-11-06, 21:36
What happens with regards to items? Is it going to be something like the transfer to NC2 where a snapshot is taken at a given point? Or what?

You do not need to worry about items and stuff. There will be plenty of NPCs at the main meeting points (Plaza, DoY City Center, Military Base) where you can obtain free items and other stuff, so you can concentrate on the testing.

silent000
25-11-06, 21:58
WTS WoC disk x249 :D

vices
25-11-06, 22:00
WTS WoC disk x249 :D
Going twice... sold for 500 nc!

ashley watts
26-11-06, 04:26
You do not need to worry about items and stuff. There will be plenty of NPCs at the main meeting points (Plaza, DoY City Center, Military Base) where you can obtain free items and other stuff, so you can concentrate on the testing.

Frikin awsome, man i cant wait :eek: :eek:

NAPPER
26-11-06, 06:31

so sorry but being dumb but does that mean all epic items and mc5s ?????
cos in some of the epics you have to fight npcs to finsh them but you are saying you are changing the fighting and armour for npcs so wouldnt it be better if you didnt make the epic items free so you can test the npc at the same time ???

NAPPER

unreal
26-11-06, 08:54
Perhaps they could just make every capable NPC shoot back if they're attacked if it's possible. But for most NPC's that's usually the case anyway.

Kierz
26-11-06, 19:00
so sorry but being dumb but does that mean all epic items and mc5s ?????
cos in some of the epics you have to fight npcs to finsh them but you are saying you are changing the fighting and armour for npcs so wouldnt it be better if you didnt make the epic items free so you can test the npc at the same time ???

NAPPERI'm sure some people will be testing everything including epics and other stuff (i prolly will when theres no fighting)

just wondering.. i know this isn't a problem with the npcs giving away everything, but is it just going to be characters, quickbelts, invs and gogos that are copied? cause i know apartments are harder to transfer, or have you sorted that as well (personally i don't care about it - just wondering =])

Heavyporker
27-11-06, 06:52
I just wanna point out... just because you get mc5s, WoC Discs, and such handed to you...

Please don't forget to fight some MC5 guards, the Ceres Lab units, Malfunctioning Stormbots, Copbots/Stormbots/DoY Guards, and so on to test them too, since they're top-end NPCs and any overpowering on their end will result in extremely pissed off players if the patch hits retail.

Just saying. You know.

Apocalypsox
27-11-06, 08:48
Very good point there porker. I hope they hand out inexpensive vehicles as well as guns.

CHA0S
27-11-06, 13:09
guess this will test the "load" on the server too hehehe cuz i bet all will be jumping around on there with their big guns etc etc maybe see pop at over 50%

Tratos
27-11-06, 15:26
Great news, just wish i'd be able to participate :(

Damn computer ¬_¬

Heavyporker
27-11-06, 16:15
Shit! You're right!

Should've mentioned to test all the vehicles, INCLUDING civilian versions. Just drive them up to a tough mob, see how long they last, write it up and compare them.

Really want to see if there are glaring inconsistencies in the vehicle line-up, durability-wise.

Oh, and KK did not explain clearly enough the difference between the very low req scout glider on the NC side and the higher-req scout glider originally on the DoY side. Did KK take the latter out? Do both exist? Any point in going for the DoY scout glider?

Ivan Eres
27-11-06, 22:19
Could you not just transfer chars and limit the max xp to 157mil, delete woc from chars, and maybe 10 spaces for items (qb)? I think that it's a bit much that I have to pay subscription and you are removing my ability to play my main char for however long the test server is up :(

Hey, you kidding me ?

This is the greatest news of the last years and you are whining because of your char on a server that no one else plays on ? LOL !!!

giga191
28-11-06, 10:02
Greatest news of the year? "

Congratulations giga, you can't play for month unless you start a new char!"

Durandal|AI
28-11-06, 10:35
Greatest news of the year? "

Congratulations giga, you can't play for month unless you start a new char!"

well. a COPY of your char is transfered to the testserver
not the char himself - he remains on the main server and you can still play it

giga191
28-11-06, 10:58
Neptune is being turned into the test server tho, so I can't

Durandal|AI
28-11-06, 10:59
Neptune is being turned into the test server tho, so I can't

ah sorry. i thought you play on terra?

unreal
28-11-06, 11:02
At least you won't be losing your characters, however unplayed they are to begin with. Snot like you're losing anything, unless they manage to misplace the data or mess about with paper clips and strong magnets. ;)
The server’s data will be restored when the Evolution 2.2 package is being released

Edit @ Giga: NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo......! How could you sell Zeltarg? :wtf:

giga191
28-11-06, 11:10
ah sorry. i thought you play on terra? There's someone with my chars on terra, but i don't own them any more.

chiefwigam
28-11-06, 15:26
giga = noob battlefielder

giga191
28-11-06, 16:57
chief = i don't know, because you must be a noob that i've never heard of

giga191
28-11-06, 21:52
Edit @ Giga: NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo......! How could you sell Zeltarg? :wtf: I didn't but i would really like a transfer from neptune.

LiL T
29-11-06, 02:01
humm

Sorry thats all i could think of but good luck.

Jodo
29-11-06, 02:57
I didn't but i would really like a transfer from neptune.

I really get the impression that you're trying the long con here and sticking to the same story of no other char's in the vain hope that you get a toon transferred. The only other thing that occurs to me is that you're just being difficult for the sake of it.

My apologies if I'm wrong but I don't see why you're sticking around if your only char has been rendered pointless for so long.

giga191
29-11-06, 09:41
You'd do the same in my position, trust me

ariall
29-11-06, 19:08
unfortunately , KK came to late with this for me :rolleyes:
Already cancelled my account, and gave all my stuff away.
December 5 I'm off to australia for a loooooong time :lol: .

I wish all people and KK a lot of fun with NC2.2, and maybe
the server population will grow a bit.

Jodo
29-11-06, 19:23
They do have the internet in Australia you know?

Dribble Joy
29-11-06, 20:14
Not sure if this has been asked before or answered, but will we need a second install for the TS?

SnowCrash
29-11-06, 22:11
Not sure if this has been asked before or answered, but will we need a second install for the TS?

All details in due time as John Doe has stated in his announcement.

Kierz
29-11-06, 23:20
All details in due time as John Doe has stated in his announcement.ugh a dev posting a message and it's not info, that's such a damn tease =[

How much do i have to paypal you to get 10 items transferred?with the increased slot chance i doubt they will.. what 10 items would they be out of interest =]

giga191
29-11-06, 23:26
with the increased slot chance i doubt they will.. what 10 items would they be out of interest =] a few catharsis, 120 xbows, cloneable spirit ammo, various 120 5 slot weapons (gm spawned).

Pantho
30-11-06, 00:25
a few catharsis, 120 xbows, cloneable spirit ammo, various 120 5 slot weapons (gm spawned).

What.. You told me it was a GM_buff_16 ...

Dribble Joy
30-11-06, 11:58
I know this is about the forth time I've asked, but are we going to get the last discussion topic soon?

Test goes live on the 4th-8th, that gives us 4 more days potentially to debate possibly one of the most central topics that the balancing will involve, two of which you guys won't be around to comment on.

giga191
30-11-06, 14:16
Test goes live on the 4th-8th, that gives us 4 more days potentially to debate possibly one of the most central topics that the balancing will involve, two of which you guys won't be around to comment on. From my judgement, they wouldn't have time to change anything in time anyway. There will most likely be a few patches to the test server during the testing phase, so it won't harm to have a discussion going while the server is up.

Dribble Joy
30-11-06, 14:39
True, though I'm just kinda impatient. Grumpy, bored and didn't sleep last night because I drank too much tea too late and decided that if I wanted to get to my lab at 9am I would have to pull an all nighter, this lab I subsequently missed anyway but I can't sleep now as it would fuck up my sleep patterns completely.

Bleh, I need to make use of my house's facilities, then I'm off to Sainsbury's for milk for more tea to drink and stay awake.

Nidhogg
30-11-06, 15:07
Bleh, I need a poo...
Remember, share, don't scare.

N

Pantho
01-12-06, 01:42
Remember, share, don't scare.

N

Remember Warn Dont Ban

P

Dogface
01-12-06, 02:08
Run for the hills Pantho!

StevenJ
01-12-06, 13:30
Quick question, SL?

Everyone is gonna be just killing everyone... Perhaps SL should increase insanely fast / be disabled?

unreal
01-12-06, 14:24
Isn't that the point? Killing other runners is going to be one of the primary ways of testing resists, so why increase punishments?

Edit: Hopefully there'll be some sort of griefplay monitoring though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few APU/PPU teams running around trying to kill everyone without an LE, which means people actually testing things will be constantly getting wtfpwnt. :(

StevenJ
01-12-06, 14:39
Isn't that the point? Killing other runners is going to be one of the primary ways of testing resists, so why increase punishments?

Yeah, that's the point I'm making - most people will very quickly be at negative SL and that will mean downtime for the testers... I'm talking about increasing the regeneration speed of SL massively, or disabling SL altogether.

giga191
01-12-06, 14:41
unreal <-------------------------------------------------> *StevenJ's point

unreal
01-12-06, 14:53
Erf, read it a bit wrong. Being awake for 71 hours for the bin. :o

athon
01-12-06, 15:33

Edit: Hopefully there'll be some sort of griefplay monitoring though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few APU/PPU teams running around trying to kill everyone without an LE, which means people actually testing things will be constantly getting wtfpwnt. :(
Yeah, but if this lot works, they should get an even fight out of it.

athon
01-12-06, 16:45
On the topic of SL, unless KK have altered it as well and want it tested, I believe it should probably be disabled. Hopefully there will be KK people / GMs around on the test server quite a bit. If everyone tests around the same areas (every night a fight night could be fun!), then I should think shear numbers will be able to quickly dispatch of trouble-makers.

Dogface
01-12-06, 17:24
Fight Night? No. Free for all in soliko? Yes. ;)

Brammers
01-12-06, 17:39
IIRC, the rules on the old test server was no PvP unless both players want to, but since this is a PvP patch, the no PvP rule is a bit...pointless?

Also for help testing during duels, could there be a no requirements insta-rezz spell?

Tratos
01-12-06, 21:13
Wonder if we can test just how stable the zones are with their cap in them (80 chars) with a 40 v 40 op fight? ;)

Pantho
01-12-06, 21:29
Also for help testing during duels, could there be a no requirements insta-rezz spell?

Now THAT! is a good idea!

athon
01-12-06, 21:52
Now THAT! is a good idea!
Don't we also want to test how the rebalancing has affected resurrection and how this will affect op fights?

Cor
02-12-06, 08:39
Why is it asking me to "Please insert Neocron CD"??? :mad:
I cannot Play.

ZoVoS
02-12-06, 12:23
can we get a instant mass group rez

=] just like a group heal only with rez and with a range of the entier zone and with no requierments =P

silent000
02-12-06, 13:58
Why is it asking me to "Please insert Neocron CD"??? :mad:
I cannot Play.

Did you transfer it through a network or something?
Just re-install it by either using the box version of NC2 or downloading it from www.neocron2.com

ZoVoS
02-12-06, 15:19
or. i found a nifty little bug back in the last few weeks of nc1. if you tag a genrep out of range of the genrep posible list (i think i tagged a clan genrep of another runner) then when you die u click that genrep and respawn in the location that you were killed in

=] fun last 2 weeks that was =P

so it would be nice if we had a genrep to tag that was off the network so we could use it to spawn at our own death location

ariall
02-12-06, 20:09
They do have the internet in Australia you know?

I know, but do you think I gonna play a stupid videogame when its 30 degrees
celcius outside almost 365 days a year? :D

unreal
02-12-06, 23:57
It's not sunny over there 24/7 as we all picture it to be. It does actually rain quite frequently in lots of places. ;) Being English, going on holiday for 2 weeks of boiling hot weather is torture for me, and sitting on a beach day after day becomes boring as hell, even if it's just for 2 weeks. Don't see the point in boring yourself to death while on holiday just to try and get a tan. Fuck me, we're born white, why not be proud of it? But erm, I wonder how it feels to be scorched by the sun on a regular basis. Thank god it's cloudy for all but 2 days of the year in England. Most of the Australians I know prefer hanging about inside with friends with the air conditioning turned on if it's a hot day. That will almost always end up being gaming. :rolleyes: [removed]

Unfortunately though, a lot of Australians have really crap internet services (ie. dialup) because they can't usually get anything better unless they're in a highly populated area.

CaptainRynor
04-12-06, 00:34
question, its a character COPY right? so i will still have my character on the server it was originaly from? and just have a clone of him on the test server, and when teh test server is over with clone goes buh bye but i still have my original right?

Pestilence
04-12-06, 00:46
To make it short: yes!

CaptainRynor
04-12-06, 09:43
thank you :)

her.
04-12-06, 21:53
So the test server is supposed to come up today? or is it any time within this week?

SnowCrash
04-12-06, 22:00
Check out this Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136834) to keep yourself up to date with the latest information about the Neocron Evolution 2.2 Testserverphase.

-closed-