PDA

View Full Version : Drone bug terror

Dribble Joy
20-11-06, 12:17
OK, I'll admit I've not played a droner, my point of view has largely been one of that from the recieving end of the flying death machines, though balance is not the issue here.
Anyway, had a nib droner and decided to spend the night lvling with it, about 5 or so hours, up to about 41 dex atm, no imps or drugs, just store bought drones and my meatsack.

The bug where you equip a drone but it just won't launch is insanely aggrivating. I don't get the 'cannot launch for some unknown reason' message, the drone just won't launch. Relogging only works half the time, other times it's two or even three relogs to get them working again.
It happens nearly every single time I pick up a drone I've just used and try to launch another.

It borders, well, no.. it is game breaking. Something really has to be done about this.

unreal
20-11-06, 12:25
It happens a lot if you have lag/packet loss issues. I had it constantly when my line was getting interferance, and Cmaster has had it recently too. What's your line quality like?

solid-rock
20-11-06, 12:26
Havent had that one in quite a while but whenever you get it you can be so unlucky that it sticks with you all day. It is often related to the inventory mixup bug in my experience. Youy relog and find what youve been trying to launch whas in fact a fire belt or something of the sorts. Usually you wont realise its a mixup though beacause the gunshot sound acually comes when trying to launch.

Dribble Joy
20-11-06, 12:26
Since I started with ntl, a pile of wee. Have lots of inventory issues, long sync and stuff.

I suppose this could be something KK isn't in control over....

Thing is.. sometimes, it's not the drone you just launched and oicked up, but another one that was allready in your inv.... I suppose that could be a belt too...

unreal
20-11-06, 12:32
NTL says it all really. :(

kurai
20-11-06, 12:46
NTL run a hell of a lot of traffic shaping and packet filtering/assembly gubbins on their cores - they are notorious for it.

It plays merry hell with UDP streams.

Take a guess as to what NC netcode is particularly sensitive to ... :(

Jodo
20-11-06, 13:02
Something that nearly always worked for me was trying to launch a drone with a different skin, then drop it straight away, pick it back up (obviously) and launch the desired drone. It couldn't be 2 drones of the same type or skin, it needs to change shape and size on screen. I used to have to carry a drone around with me that I was never going to use just to make sure I could actually drone with my droner. :(

Xian
20-11-06, 13:03
Me and a mate noticed this, very irritating, but we've never had to relog. Synching or changing views before launching fixes it for us. Launching a different drone before attempting the normal one works sometimes, too.

numb
20-11-06, 14:21
Me and a mate noticed this, very irritating, but we've never had to relog. Synching or changing views before launching fixes it for us. Launching a different drone before attempting the normal one works sometimes, too.

I do similar. It is really annoying. I do believe it has something to do with the item mixup bug. I managed to launch my noob stiletto the other day at military base. Had quite a bit of trouble launching anything else after my Stiletto RK-50 got destroyed. I think a quick relog didnt fix it, I had to log out and close down the client before it'd work. I am guessing that's because my char is still in game 20 seconds after log out. So maybe log out, wait 20-30 secs and log in might fix it.

It also annoys me the amount of things your drone can get stuck in, obviously there is the grating in aggie cellars but getting caught between boxes where there is no way of targetting your drone to retrieve it is a real pain.

I dont remember it being as frustrating when I levelled my droner up at neptune launch, although I certainly noticed a few bugs.

Pantho
20-11-06, 14:24
I believe its partly to stop you launching drones inside walls....

solid-rock
20-11-06, 14:35
No thats the "cannot launch for unkown reasons" message. This can happend even if you standing on a flat desert landscape pointing your drone straight up.

Pantho
20-11-06, 14:39
No thats the "cannot launch for unkown reasons" message. This can happend even if you standing on a flat desert landscape pointing your drone straight up.

Mix what i said above with a shit game and lag. , and netcode :) -

btw. Not shit, but demented :) game

Jagrfelm
20-11-06, 14:47
I know that Bugm happens often with a Drone. I had it often that is. Running on Cable.

clockmaker
20-11-06, 15:01
Inventory mixup bug is funny. A few days ago I sold my Special Science, My constr tool and my repper tool at Yo's... They were appearing as large entrails... :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
20-11-06, 15:14
I gave up after a bit, logged DJ to kill the DRE tank at the bunker, he wasn't there. Some CS laydeh asks for a pro to come to MB for a fight, promtly gets shot off her sniper spot on the cliff by chicken legs, who then proceedes to have a pop at me on my vantage point on top of the MB roof. I try some negotiating to no effect, a quick scrap and his buffs run, he makes like his namesake but I catch him coming out of stealth.
Feeling guilty about killing a neutral I poke him for free.

DJ is therefore a happy DJ again.

Untill I start playing my droner later today that is....
(though nearly dex 47 and I get to use my new spangly drone weee! :D)

CMaster
20-11-06, 15:25
As Unreal says, its something I've experiuenced receneltey, although then it went away again. No telloing when it will be back mind. Relogging didn't help at all. Zoning did sort of (seemed better when a GM warped me). No real solution other than give up droning for a bit and come back later.

a4nic8er
21-11-06, 01:46
The bug where you equip a drone but it just won't launch is insanely aggrivating. I don't get the 'cannot launch for some unknown reason' message, the drone just won't launch.
Try aiming somewhere in the distance so that your reticle/crosshair disappears before you attempt to launch the drone (i.e. don't look at floor, ceiling, wall or a tree next to you when trying to lanch a drone). I found this works.

Forget My Name
21-11-06, 02:03
Very simple fix. Just move around. I believe this error has something to do with exploiting drones through objects. What I am saying is, the client and the server doesn't agree where you are, so you have to move around so you sync up. Happens to my droner all the time. Also, doesn't work when trying to drone while clipping an object, like a wall or tree.

Dogface
21-11-06, 02:18
I've only ever got this when standing directly next to a wall or corner, but it doesn't happen everytime I stand in said positions. I don't get it often though.

Dribble Joy
21-11-06, 03:26
No, it simply will not launch. I move. I put the drone away, pull it out, pull out an ther. Move them to the inv and back, nothing will get them to work unless I relog or zone.

solid-rock
21-11-06, 11:43
Try aiming somewhere in the distance so that your reticle/crosshair disappears before you attempt to launch the drone (i.e. don't look at floor, ceiling, wall or a tree next to you when trying to lanch a drone). I found this works.

As mutch as i hate to repeat myself. This bug has nothing at all to do with proximity to architechture.
Failure to launch for unknown reason is an intentional function to prevent the meanest drone bug of all time. The bug refered to by the thread starter will prevent you from launching your drone nomatter what your locale or aim. The drone will act as if it has launched, that is itll make the lil "Pow!" sound and you hands will drop to your sides. However the drone will stay in its belt slot and nothing further hapends. This will hapend continiusly nomatter how mutch you change position or aim difrently.

Right everybody got that? Could people stop comenting unless they acually know this bug then?

Pantho
21-11-06, 11:48
As mutch as i hate to repeat myself. This bug has nothing at all to do with proximity to architechture.
Failure to launch for unknown reason is an intentional function to prevent the meanest drone bug of all time. The bug refered to by the thread starter will prevent you from launching your drone nomatter what your locale or aim. The drone will act as if it has launched, that is itll make the lil "Pow!" sound and you hands will drop to your sides. However the drone will stay in its belt slot and nothing further hapends. This will hapend continiusly nomatter how mutch you change position or aim difrently.

Right everybody got that? Could people stop comenting unless they acually know this bug then?

This is true Solid, BUT :) - Doesnt hurt to mention other drone bugs.

Sometimes it wont launch... done that one aint we
Soemtimes you cant launch near other objects :(
Sometimes your drone will randomly Delete itself :( - (Wait for its amazing return)
LE DRONERS May lose soulight, if a NON LE person die's, while your using AOE .. NC1 bug... Im sure all report bugs are fixed soon... (Reported NC1 beta :))

Always check the bottom of your inventory, and scroll down.. im sure ull find a few drones.

... And dont drone MC5. altho KK have caught hundreds of people there and fail to ban them, even tho Droners have the "Invincible" thing ....

solid-rock
21-11-06, 12:32
As i said not being able to launch near arcitechture is not a bug its a bug protection feature. And whenever it hapends ull get the mesage stating that you failed to launch. It has absolutely no relevance to the thread.

Dogface
21-11-06, 17:47
Then stop talking about it?