PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for Hunting Ceres Lab Units

Heavyporker
20-11-06, 06:50
The WoC Disc drop is just ridiculously fucked up.

Let's try to converse and pool our knowledge to make things easier for us all.

- What damage types do the Ceres Lab Units do? (Nova-Mod Plasma Wave cannons: Energy & Force?)

- What damage types are the Ceres Lab Units weak to? (Fire and Piercing?)

- What is the minimum hack needed for a high chance of success? (75 Hack?)

- What's the percentage drop of a WoC Disc? (0.00001?)

- What's the best strategy for hunting Ceres Lab Units? ( Get massive team and clear everything? Find hideyhole and let loose a stream of flame and lead? Pray for a smiting from above to lay waste to the Lab?)

- What are the best weapons/ psi modules/ drones to take down there? ( Fire-modded gatling cannon and Explosive-modded raygun cannon/ Holy Lightning, Holy Energy Barrel, Holy Firestorm/ RK1000s, Raptor?)

unreal
20-11-06, 07:25
The WoC Disc drop is just ridiculously fucked up.How wrong you are. If it's that bad, why would I get two in a total of 10 hours? Stop whining about it if you aren't even attempting to farm one, and instead spending your time monitoring the forum. :o
What damage types do the Ceres Lab Units do? (Nova-Mod Plasma Wave cannons: Energy & Force?)Energy and Xray and possibly some Force AFAIK.
What damage types are the Ceres Lab Units weak to? (Fire and Piercing?)Energy and Fire
What is the minimum hack needed for a high chance of success? (75 Hack?)About 100. My PPU has 102 hack with Spy 3 and hacks them perfectly each time. Without Spy 3 it becomes more difficult.
What's the percentage drop of a WoC Disc? (0.00001?)No idea, but it's not as bad as you think.
What's the best strategy for hunting Ceres Lab Units? ( Get massive team and clear everything? Find hideyhole and let loose a stream of flame and lead? Pray for a smiting from above to lay waste to the Lab?)Unfortunately the "hideyhole" (aka, safe spot - which is against the Rules of Conduct) is the most preferred option and it doesn't seem to be noticed by Reakktor, or if it has, nothing is being done about it. Even a lone APU (once buttplugged into the hole) could farm them solo the way the labs are at the moment, but you'll generally see just an APU/PPU team down there. You won't be able to survive without a large team unless you're breaking the rules.
What are the best weapons/ psi modules/ drones to take down there? ( Fire-modded gatling cannon and Explosive-modded raygun cannon/ Holy Lightning, Holy Energy Barrel, Holy Firestorm/ RK1000s, Raptor?)Drones will be destroyed instantly unless you breach the Rules of Conduct regarding what I just mentioned, so don't clearly don't bother unless you want to be eligible for a nice sloppy ban.

It's not really a question you need to ask if you know the type of damage they have weaker resists for. ;)

netster
20-11-06, 07:26
when they are shooting energy/force, they have more resists to energy+force... i.e. like snakes have more resists to poison. but on the other hand, u are doing good damage with a HL+barrel down there.

unreal
20-11-06, 07:27
when they are shooting energy/force, they have more resists to energy+forceThat's not always the case.

PS. Heavyporker, if you need help down there, let me know.

Snedex
20-11-06, 09:19
if you need a hand im more than willing to lend alge for a while :)

Pantho
20-11-06, 10:12
That's not always the case.

PS. Heavyporker, if you need help down there, let me know.
[ edited ]

giga191
20-11-06, 11:13
[ edited ]

As for the best tactic, i'd say a PPU and APU with firestorm is the best. Holy energy barrel also works, but it's hard to tell which is best

Seraphin[69]
20-11-06, 11:38
Some people are lucky some aren't.

It took me around 30 hours to get a single WOC disc and it's booooooooooooring

unreal
20-11-06, 11:43
[ edited ][ edited ]

CMaster
20-11-06, 12:02
About to say, I spent a lot more than 10 consecutive hours down there without a drop. But then, that was probably before all the changes.

Oh, and using the hidey-hole isn't necissarily safespotting at all - using that crawlspace is perfectly legit. [ edited ]

unreal
20-11-06, 12:04
Yeah, standing/hiding in that crawl space is legitimate, [ edited ]

silent000
20-11-06, 12:59
We have been taking 2 PPUs 1 APU and 1 Tank when we go down and the APU uses firestorm which we have found to be the best.

We can clear out the whole level with this team by camping the hidey-hole then getting down and moving to the next room then resetting

We have in total got 3 WoC disks while we have been down there which isnt bad for the hours that we spent (which i cnt remeber how many)

Pantho
20-11-06, 14:28
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Heavyporker
20-11-06, 23:56
I must respond to your extremely erroneous statement, unreal. I *have* been spending time farming WoC discs. Too much so, indeed, and still coming up dry. I trust Nellus implicitly in hacking the units that we kill.

That said, I must say that a fire-modded gatling cannon does surpisingly nice damage, if energy really does do more damage than piercing. Are you saying that I should switch over to a heat-modded CS or Plasma Wave instead of the gatling?

giga191
21-11-06, 00:00
Don't ever trying getting a woc disk directly after lvling to woc :lol:

Double grind = suicide

Brammers
21-11-06, 13:21
Currently our bets in the WoC labs are:-

1. My PPU will get WOC 1 before we see a WOC disk
2. The hackers will cap before we see a WOC disk
3. My non-existant Cat will become a uber PvP'er and kill you all before we see a WOC disk

Anyone who has got a woc disk, know what the odds are of getting one?

pabz
21-11-06, 13:39
I am very lucky in the woc cave :angel:

unreal
21-11-06, 14:12
If you're trying to say I'm mistaken Heavyporker, the two screenshots show what I've got in the last week. Two WoC disks, and 230million dex XP on my PE. Time to LOM him (or 'her' I should say... ugh) now though. :(

BaDDaSS
21-11-06, 14:53
Reading the first page of this thread is pretty much impossible now.

Whats with the heavy editing Triv?

Nidhogg
21-11-06, 15:04
Reading the first page of this thread is pretty much impossible now.

Whats with the heavy editing Triv?
No it's not because all that's been removed is spam. The missing posts are of no relevance to the meaning of thread and their deletion would have no more effect than if I deleted yours, which I was tempted to do by the way.

If you wish to make a comment about moderation then please PM a moderator.

N

james_finn
21-11-06, 17:17
Currently our bets in the WoC labs are:-

2. The hackers will cap before we see a WOC disk
3. My non-existant Cat will become a uber PvP'er and kill you all before we see a WOC disk

Anyone who has got a woc disk, know what the odds are of getting one?

After keeping a tally for the first couple of days we killed around 100 Proto's and didnt find any WoC discs - yet we had to call out GMs four times due to lost belts...

Oh and yeah the hackers will be capped!

/Delphi

Forget My Name
21-11-06, 22:40
If you're trying to say I'm mistaken Heavyporker, the two screenshots show what I've got in the last week. Two WoC disks, and 230million dex XP on my PE. Time to LOM him (or 'her' I should say... ugh) now though. :(

yeah unrael, WE get it already, you are the only person on here to get woc disks. Havne't you realized you are the exception, not the rule? Don't you notice everyone else on here NOT getting wocs after farming for weeks? The drop is worse than Trophy drops, and it makes EQ drops seem fast.

The only woc that is game breaking is the Xbow, other than that, there is no real reason to make the drops so hard to get. Its not like there are any items for woc 2,3 and 4.

Why bother when me tank can wear PA3 to get the woc, which allows me to wear armor which is the exact same thing as PA 3 anyway???

unreal
22-11-06, 00:27
I'm the only one who got WoC discs because I'm the only one mentioning it here? I only did casual farming for about 8 hours over two days and got two discs, the second one I got in about 10minutes. It's not just me who's got WoC discs during the last 7 days. Four of my friends looted 1 disc each, and another friend got 2 discs. Of course I'm not including myself. From the amount of WoC discs I see people looting from the labs, and even experiencing the drop rate for myself, there isn't really a problem.

You just have to stick at it. It could take a long while, or you could get one off the forth prototype like I did with my second disc from last week. From what you said it feels like you think I'm bragging about getting 2 WoC discs which I'm not. The only thing I am bragging about is getting 230million dex XP in under a week, just to show people it can be done quickly if you know what you're doing. I only made the point of letting people know that WoC discs do drop, more than people think.

Not sure why you're mentioning trophies, trophies are supposed to drop more often. Haven't seen the 80+ Chaos Creeper trophies in my apartment? I think we need a bit of input from Reakktor on what the drop rate is. Think you could ask around please Nidhogg?

gamefreak
22-11-06, 00:32
noone is forcing you >.<

giga191
22-11-06, 09:28
Both my apu and ppu have woc 1 from doing it :D

nellus
22-11-06, 10:18
While hunting with Heavporker my tank has gone from 60 million xp short of woc level 1 to being about 10 million xp short of woc level 2, and nost of the time weve been down there i have actually been on my ppu.

Now if that isnt enough farming i think i will have to give up my job and farm 24 hours aday for life :D

SorkZmok
22-11-06, 11:16
[ edited ]

silent000
22-11-06, 11:26
[ edited ][ edited ]

Pantho
22-11-06, 12:26
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Trivaldi
22-11-06, 12:30
Any further discussion of exploits and this thread will be closed.

Triv

Forget My Name
22-11-06, 21:52
I'm the only one who got WoC discs because I'm the only one mentioning it here? I only did casual farming for about 8 hours over two days and got two discs, the second one I got in about 10minutes. It's not just me who's got WoC discs during the last 7 days. Four of my friends looted 1 disc each, and another friend got 2 discs. Of course I'm not including myself. From the amount of WoC discs I see people looting from the labs, and even experiencing the drop rate for myself, there isn't really a problem.

You just have to stick at it. It could take a long while, or you could get one off the forth prototype like I did with my second disc from last week. From what you said it feels like you think I'm bragging about getting 2 WoC discs which I'm not. The only thing I am bragging about is getting 230million dex XP in under a week, just to show people it can be done quickly if you know what you're doing. I only made the point of letting people know that WoC discs do drop, more than people think.

Not sure why you're mentioning trophies, trophies are supposed to drop more often. Haven't seen the 80+ Chaos Creeper trophies in my apartment? I think we need a bit of input from Reakktor on what the drop rate is. Think you could ask around please Nidhogg?

You need ot stop a second and think instead of trying to find somethign to argue.

If you dropped 127/127s as fast and as often as 80/80 mobs, then yes, you would see tons more wocs.

But as it is now, a group of 6 people crammed in a chaos cave drops, what 40 chaos creepers before you could even get to the second level to drop a single prototype?

One run in chaos cave could net you 40+ chaos creepers easy.

One run of labs nets you, what 8 prototypes at most?

Heavyporker
24-11-06, 03:04
Unreal. I'd like to call you a fucking liar.

And whoever this farts************ person is, I call you a damn liar too.

Nigh on 8 hours today and coming up dry as a camel's cootch.

unreal
24-11-06, 03:16
That's your choice I guess. There's yet another two WoC discs to add to that tally. Yesterday Erin Lively got one in about 5hours of farming which now lets her wear shiny WoC Spy PA, and Algebraist got one as well, from the looks of it, in the same sort of timeframe as Erin. From where everyone I know is sitting it looks like YOU'RE the exception.

@Forget My Name: Been wondering what to say to you in response but what you said is totally meaningless here - perhaps you should do yourself what you're preaching in that first sentence of your post.

Forget My Name
24-11-06, 03:55
That's your choice I guess. There's yet another two WoC discs to add to that tally. Yesterday Erin Lively got one in about 5hours of farming which now lets her wear shiny WoC Spy PA, and Algebraist got one as well, from the looks of it, in the same sort of timeframe as Erin. From where everyone I know is sitting it looks like YOU'RE the exception.

@Forget My Name: Been wondering what to say to you in response but what you said is totally meaningless here - perhaps you should do yourself what you're preaching in that first sentence of your post.

Thats circular. Use a dictionary to figure what circular means.

Oh, I found 5 woc disks. Why not, its an internet forum, I can say anything I want without any proof.

Seraphin[69]
24-11-06, 09:57
Fact is I'm not lying when I said it took me like 30+ hours to get a single one !

Mr Kot
24-11-06, 14:59
I still don't have one :(

/me wishes Unreal would carry his around a bit more often in non-safezones :p

and not in slot 1 either

silent000
24-11-06, 15:22
We got 3 in about 1 week but now wen we go down we havent seen a single one in bout 10 days =/ we also change labs each day to see if one was bugged or wahtever but we shud find one soon.....i hope ;)

giga191
24-11-06, 17:46
Oh, I found 5 woc disks. Why not, its an internet forum, I can say anything I want without any proof. You'd have to be an idiot to not be able to work out that he's not lying.

unreal
25-11-06, 05:16
You'd have to be an idiot to not be able to work out that he's not lying.Especially when I never said I found 5, I've only farmed 2 myself. :rolleyes: If I asked around I wouldn't be surprised to find quite a few other people have gotten discs since then. A few Death Row and a few other people I know have an APU/PPU team farming down there for the odd 2 hour session quite often. *summons the Zeltarg dex screenshot* :p

/me wishes Unreal would carry his around a bit more often in non-safezonesI can't run with them on my Spy, they're too heavy. :D