PDA

View Full Version : Annoying RPOS Humm

athon
18-11-06, 12:33
Hi all,

When I'm in the RPOS, I get an annoying low humming sound. Does anyone have any idea if/how I can get rid of it? It's only purpose seems to be to drive me insane when I'm doing research & construction.

Some people I've talked to say they don't get it. One factor for me is that I'm using surround sound (actually a surround sound headset).

rookee
18-11-06, 12:48
Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=71906

CMaster
18-11-06, 12:48
Have a look at this thread:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=71906

Unfortunaltley, such action is now against the rules.

Dribble Joy
18-11-06, 12:56
How loud must your sound be to hear that humm?

athon
18-11-06, 13:47
How loud must your sound be to hear that humm?
My sound isn't that loud overall. As I say, some people can't hear it, but to me it's really quite loud relatively, so my guess would be that it's affected by the surround sound setup.

I did guess you could do such a file replacment but also guessed it would be illegal, so hence the question on here.

KK: I'd like to request either this one single file be made an exception to the no modding rule, or a patch to get rid of this sound, for my sanity's sake (well, it's not like totally unbearable, but it is really annoying) - it's not like I'm going to gain any advantage from it, other than not going insane. =D

nobby
18-11-06, 13:52
I think you'll just have to put up with it

giga191
18-11-06, 14:16
I remember when they first put in the new weapon change noise, but i bet no one notices it now

james_finn
18-11-06, 17:00

That is now against the rules? I thought i was KK that allowed us to do it in the first place? We need clarification here from niddhog!

WB Athlon btw

/Delphi

athon
18-11-06, 17:11
That is now against the rules? I thought i was KK that allowed us to do it in the first place? We need clarification here from niddhog!

WB Athlon btw

/Delphi
Ta.

As a sort of solution, I've found that if you alt-tab out and back into Neocron then the annoying hum disappears. Unfortunately it comes back if you come out of your rpos and go back in for any reason.

Not an ideal solution imo, but atleast it's not driving me insane right now.

landofcake
18-11-06, 20:20
Hah ... i'm getting dangerously close to the 'reactivate' button ...

Apocalypsox
18-11-06, 20:30
Same cake...watching the fucking videos yesterday makes me want to rebuild my old hybrid....

Hybrid tank that is you freaks.

CMaster
18-11-06, 22:46
7) You may not modify any part of the NEOCRON Service or Web Site that Reakktor Media does not specifically authorize you to modify.

Afaik, only .ini files and the newly announced RPOS files come under the heading of "specifically authorised".

john irons
18-11-06, 23:04

jobsworth much?

CMaster
18-11-06, 23:05
jobsworth much?
I don't make or enforce the rules. I just parrot them.

rob444
18-11-06, 23:19
Actually, there is a legit way to get rid of that humming sound and that is through a console command.

/set ctrl_hudsfx 0 should do it.