PDA

View Full Version : Creating a virtual driver (daemon tools)

nobby
14-11-06, 23:24
Whenever I try to create a new virtual drive, I get no Driver Letter...

I try changing the drive parameters and give it a driver letter, I get "Unable to set new drive letter"

Can someone help ?

Hell-demon
14-11-06, 23:33
I'm using daemon tools.

You've been downloading games haven't you!

Anyway... I mount a driver say...E drive. I go to My Computer and it's there.

rookee
14-11-06, 23:35
I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep posting stuff in the Neocron forum that most of the time has absolutely nothing do do with it? The probability of you receiving help would be much higher in the appropriate forums, i.e. the Daemon tools forums in this case. Just wondering.

nobby
14-11-06, 23:46
Because I looked there already!

They couldn't fix my problem !

Rob01m
15-11-06, 00:07
Make some screenshots, that would help.

Neally
15-11-06, 00:13
I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep posting stuff in the Neocron forum that most of the time has absolutely nothing do do with it? The probability of you receiving help would be much higher in the appropriate forums, i.e. the Daemon tools forums in this case. Just wondering.

because it seems he rather likes to ask some of us that he knows, instead of people that (maybe) won't answer him on the Daemon Forums ^_^

nobby
15-11-06, 00:44
Ok, I've found my CD rom drives all with yellow "!'s" :(
in device manager...

The bastard drivers don't want to install either :(

rob444
15-11-06, 00:49
1) Are you using latest version of D-tools and magically happen to have SoftIce installed?
2) Did you even try a reboot after installing D-tools? :p

nobby
15-11-06, 00:50
of course...

Rob01m
15-11-06, 00:55
Is it just me, or does it look like you have multiple virtual DVD/CD devices? You're insalling Daemon Tools but I also see Alcohol 120% that has the option of using it's own emulation, and I see a device called "MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000".

You really shouldn't be using so many different drive emulators at once. :p

nobby
15-11-06, 00:58
I tried them because Dtools didn't work, neither did they...

After finding a nice looking Drive "reset and diagnostic tool"
It found my CD drives were not right... after I thought it would be fixing them, it restarted and seemed to do fuck all :(

rob444
15-11-06, 01:00
nobby's computer is possessed. Quickly! Use some holy water on it - most effectively if case is open.

nobby
15-11-06, 01:06
ok I'm back.

The church doors were locked :(

Anything else ?