PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Login

Assimilator
14-11-06, 11:37
Unless I'm in WINDOWED 1280x720, I can not log into the game. I get past the launcher just fine, but at the main screen pressing ENTER or RESUME will just do the "wait for 10s and kick me back to main screen".

Attempting to access the game via FULLSCREEN any resolution, or WINDOWED any other resolution will not let me enter the game anymore. And trying to log in via DX7.

Also, when in the game, my frames have dropped from a constant 50-60 to 30-40 now. The whole game is choppy and NC constantly uses 100% CPU Util even when alt tabbed. The choppiness does not occur when in fullscreen mode.

System Specs:

AMD FX-55
2GB Ram
ATI Radeon X850xt w/ the latest drivers from ATI and the latest DirectX (the one posted in October)
Fiber Optic internet connection

unreal
14-11-06, 12:52
Unless I'm in WINDOWED 1280x720, I can not log into the game. I get past the launcher just fine, but at the main screen pressing ENTER or RESUME will just do the "wait for 10s and kick me back to main screen".YES! Someone else with the same problem I've been babbling on about for the last two weeks. I don't have the FPS loss like you have, but I had the very same problem at the login screen. Check the last few posts I wrote in this thread: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136481

Assimilator
14-11-06, 17:49
Check the last few posts I wrote in this thread: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136481

Similar, but I started the new post because I seem to be more an oddball case :lol: What with only being able to login with only one specific resolution. However, so long as I'm in 1280x720 windowed mode, I can log in 100% of the time.

I want to play in 1280x720 windowed mode, except I can't explain where this FPS loss is coming from. I'm sure it has something to do with the CPU utilization though, as alt tabbing and using firefox causes firefox to "freeze up" every 10 seconds - while Neocron runs it choppy self just fine.

Durandal|AI
14-11-06, 17:54
i remember some strange bugs with planetside if the computer wasnt set to "always on"

you can change this in your windows control panel - energy options

SnowCrash
14-11-06, 18:29
Please go through the general check-list:

Get up to date drivers for the gfx & sound card, mainboard, etc.
Make a full file check in the Neocron Launcher options
Clear the graphics cache by doing the following steps:
Open your Neocron 2 folder
Look for the file "client.exe"
Right click it and drag it to e.g. your desktop by holding the right mouse button
Release and select "Create shortcut"
Right click the new created shortcut and select "Properties"
Under Target add -precache as additional parameter after /client.exe
Click "OK"
Start Neocron 2 by using this shortcut
Check your RAM with e.g. Memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com)
Re-install Neocron if nothing of that helps

Assimilator
15-11-06, 09:15
Just got down to the last step.

Reinstalled NC.

Still having the same problem.

I think I'll hit up a format over Thanksgiving Break, see if that solves this uber weird problem I'm getting (my laptop w/ the POS Dell integrated vid is running NC on DX7 just fine - kind of sad IMO :lol: ).

Thanks for the help so far, feel free to give other suggestions :)

LiL T
15-11-06, 09:50
Maybe you installed something recently which is causing this

Assimilator
15-11-06, 16:19
Maybe you installed something recently which is causing this

Been backtracking... And the only new piece of software I installed was Need for Speed Carbon... Hrm...