PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best class to make frist

NAPPER
13-11-06, 08:04
I have just got my cuz to start playing and I told him to make an apu or a tank but guys on vent told him to make a hyb to get use to swapping spells and just to get use to the game

But what do you think??

NAPPER

unreal
13-11-06, 08:09
I'd say Tank if you'll be helping him a bit. If not, I'd say PE would be the next best option. Better to keep him pure of filth (ie, overpowered APU nonesense) from the beginning I say. Neocron is meant to be Cyberpunk rather than just all lightning and energy barrels bouncing over the floor. :)

NAPPER
13-11-06, 08:20
yeah but for a frist time player i pe would be hard with all the drugs and shit

if you see Thorpey in game help him hes a noob lol

Cadgar
13-11-06, 08:23
if you see Thorpey in game help him hes a noob lol

hes so dead, just because you wrote this...

and yeah btw you can play a pe without using any drug. lowtech is the keyword

Jodo
13-11-06, 10:51
I'd say tank is the best to ease into the game. They can soak up a lot of damage and dish out plenty too. They're great for exploring which he might spend a couple of days doing.

solid-rock
13-11-06, 11:06
yeah but for a frist time player i pe would be hard with all the drugs and shit

He wouldnt have to use drugs at any rate till he starts to get high level. By then he should be well eanough into the game. Also as sugested he could use a non drug setup.
Drugs are bad, if you begin playing constantly drugged up youll start to depend far too mutch on the "Temporary" boost.

Melee tanks in my opinion are the most fun. My first char whas a melee tank and thats probably why i didnt give up after the first week.

Rob01m
13-11-06, 11:08
Probably a PE, since they cap the fastest (non-WoC that is). You can handle a lot with a PE, and it gives experience in many thngs, since the class is versatile. You'll know about ranged combat, psi spells, and maybe some light tradeskills like implanting as well.

Tank is another good choice, but you won't learn as much about psi spells or light tradeskills. They can handle more early on though.

jini
13-11-06, 12:03
Go make a PE napper. Easy to level with great defenses and the best duelist (well the crossbow version :rolleyes: ) Unless you really want to spoil him with monks and/or wanna ppu for him

Dribble Joy
13-11-06, 17:31
Tank gets you used to the basic ropes better, but PE lets you do more of a solo thing, as you have spells, hacking, dabble in tradeskills and stuff.

I'd say a tank for a little while untill he knows what he's doing then get him on a PE.

NAPPER
14-11-06, 06:13
Go make a PE napper. Easy to level with great defenses and the best duelist (well the crossbow version :rolleyes: ) Unless you really want to spoil him with monks and/or wanna ppu for him

it isnt me its my cuz Thorpey he on vent with us sometimes

Pantho
14-11-06, 07:59
Probably a PE, since they cap the fastest (non-WoC that is). You can handle a lot with a PE, and it gives experience in many thngs, since the class is versatile. You'll know about ranged combat, psi spells, and maybe some light tradeskills like implanting as well.

Tank is another good choice, but you won't learn as much about psi spells or light tradeskills. They can handle more early on though.

once cap, a PE can get woc in 3 days easy.

100m in a day is possible, and ive done it, derritmos did it, alot of ppl have done 100m in 1 day, ona PE.

:)

Tostino
14-11-06, 08:11
I would say HC or Melee PE is a good choice. Doesn't take a MC5 to get a good setup, MOVEON (and PPR if your setup uses it) are the only hard chips to get for that setup. I still have all my old setups if you want one for him to try.

SizZLeR
14-11-06, 15:03
HC Tank imo, if its the very first chr ever that is, my first chr in NC1 was a spy and what a bummer, cuz he's so much harder to lvl and make cash than a tank, when i had my first tank, i made great money in no time and what a new chr always need is money tbh, nothing worse than no tbeing able to replace the armor and weps, well thats just my opinion and based on what one like to do for lvling and making money, it will vary. ;)

Cor
14-11-06, 17:18
Start out as a melee tank than and throw some extra point into HC every once in awhile, than put 20 points into hacking and do WBs for awhile than head over to do Fire mobs after awhile. Tank is the best to start out with PE good to but if you don't have alot of patiences PE is not good to start with.

Dribble Joy
14-11-06, 17:29
PE has 'too much going on' right at the start, they are great to explore the different paths with on a single char, but to get the hang of the game, a tank is simple and straightforeward. After you know how things work, a PE is probably better.

Xian
14-11-06, 17:57
it isnt me its my cuz Thorpey he on vent with us sometimes

Not an ex-cs player by any chance, is he

NAPPER
15-11-06, 08:18
nah hes played warcraft3 abit but apart from playing my chars sometimes hes not play any other mmos as far as i know but some bf2 as well

ROZZER187
15-11-06, 20:47
see he decided to go for a monk lol.he was asking me how to go about making a hybrid told him he can be blessed hybrid or apu hybrid.he replied whats that mean? :lol:

you should have got him to make a tank at first, so much easier and straight forward too.