PDA

View Full Version : KK, Current state of balancing and how you are moving forward?

RusSki
12-11-06, 05:19
Its been awhile since we've had an update from KK. Are the staff still ravaged by illness or what???

You aimed for the test server to be open mid october and you missed. But its not like you missed by a little, your going to miss by a mile.
As far as i can tell from the little information we have been given the test server probably wont be opening till we have given initial feedback on each of the topics mentioned in this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135609) thread. These being:
- Hacknet Combat and Hacknet NPCs
- APU Combat and PPU Support
- Effect of combat skills on weapon behavior

So given the fact that the Vehicle discussion topic has been open for 23 days, and that the remaining topics are going to be very important to the overall balancing of the game, thus they will probably run longer than the vehicle topic.
Does that mean we are looking at atleast 69 more days for discussions, taking us to mid Janurary of the new year, with a possible realistic date for the test server being mid February?
Also lest we forget what happened last year at christmas time for KK in terms of productivity and general operations.
This will push back the dates further. Ofcourse i'm not suggesting that you all work through the holidays though.

It would be good if you would update us as to whats going on.
Are your staffing levels back up to full strength?
What kind of time frame have you set yourselves for the remaining discussion topics?
Have you made any progress on the internal test server?
Or have there been setbacks with testing on the internal server, in which case are you able to give us some idea of what you have encountered?

Sure i know it cant be rushed, nor do i want it to be rushed and end up badly done. But plz try to include us more in whats going on.
In any of these discussion topics has there been the situation where you have looked at our feedback and later on in the thread posted information relervant to that topic based on how you have progressed?
The things that worked and the things that have not worked?
What adjustments if any, you have made from the initial draft of changes in the first post of each topic?

I'm sure more of the community shares the feeling that we need something.... anything.... from you to make us believe you are actually still working on this project let alone making progress.

This most certainly is not a rant, its a polite request for information.

Thankyouplease.

Dribble Joy
12-11-06, 10:47
The skill changes are of particular interest to me, getting them right is critical to a balanced and varied system.

Posted about that and basically what you're asking here in the balance progress thread in the other section a few days ago, alas no reply yet....

gamefreak
12-11-06, 11:16
[ edited ]

Tratos
12-11-06, 12:02
The hacknet thread has been there for a while. Just no one has decided to have any input except Kierz.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=136422

That's existed for over 10 days :p just everyone was hyped up about the vehicle changes which has been updated frequently by John Doe.

RusSki
12-11-06, 12:17
Cool that could take 23 days off the wait.
We might get to see some progress by the start of Feb.

Althought it only covers the hacknet combat aspect of things at the moment, not the hacknet npc's which was also meant to be part of the topic.
This would suggest there could be another topic dedicated to hacknet npc's.
So a further questions from me.
Have they during the discussion phase so far created new topics that we are thus far unaware of?

Drakoh
12-11-06, 13:03
Cool that could take 23 days off the wait.
We might get to see some progress by the start of Feb.

Althought it only covers the hacknet combat aspect of things at the moment, not the hacknet npc's which was also meant to be part of the topic.
This would suggest there could be another topic dedicated to hacknet npc's.
So a further questions from me.
Have they during the discussion phase so far created new topics that we are thus far unaware of?

have you glanced at the german discussion forum yet ? look at ours, then notice the ammount of posts on theirs.

Dogface
12-11-06, 14:46
have you glanced at the german discussion forum yet ? look at ours, then notice the ammount of posts on theirs.

:eek: Didn't notice that.

Wonder what they're talking about.. Whether or not there's been a large conflict of ideas between us and them over any of the discussions.

I imagine it to be a whole other world over in the German forums..

Dribble Joy
12-11-06, 15:05
Only 915 more posts.... on 39 threads, about 24 more each.
Probably due to disagreements over the topics at hand. That and I think (rightly or wrongly) the english community tends to be a bit more jaded/cynical, people will only post a couple of times in a thread, safe in the knowledge that it won't make a bit of difference :p. Also the fact that not so many people in the english community are as interested in it, quite a few of the regulars here not having been there for some reason or other.

Nidhogg
12-11-06, 15:39
If you want to quickly check whether devs have posted then you can use the Dev-Tracker on the Quick Links menu. Please use the balancing forum if you have anything to say - the HackNet thread has been woefully ignored by the English community so far so get your opinions in now.

N

Kierz
12-11-06, 16:51
i replied to the hacknet one, what more d'ya need?!?! =x

edit/
also the german thread is 3 pages long, also noticed they have a few updates from devs, are these updates relevent to us or just replies to questions, could kick the topic off a little more.

unreal
12-11-06, 17:01
Wonder what they're talking about.. Whether or not there's been a large conflict of ideas between us and them over any of the discussions.

I imagine it to be a whole other world over in the German forums..
lol, I thought that exact same thing. Brammers saw part of the result. Not gonna go into that though. :p