PDA

View Full Version : WoC Disk Drop Rate

unreal
11-11-06, 21:33
I've spent about 20 hours or so down there in two of the Ceres Beta Labs with a friend now this week and got nothing but normal techs and a bit of junk/weapon parts. By no means am I expecting to get zillions of WoC disks in a short amount of time, that's clearly why they're expensive items, and take longer to get your hands on unless you're lucky at the time.

Does anyone know what the drop rate actually is after the recent mishaps were fixed? Have they gone back to the original setting or has the drop rate been lowered more than it originally was to try and make up for the flurry of disks that got into circulation?

Heavyporker
11-11-06, 21:38
The drop rate for a WoC Disc is approximately zero.

Apocalypsox
11-11-06, 21:42
more like -7 tbh

Dribble Joy
11-11-06, 22:00
They indeed could do with being higher, something like the chance of a grim tropping a tech maybe. Or maybe do it a bit like MC5, put a WoC disk on a boss mob.

giga191
11-11-06, 22:11
Some form of consistency would be nice

Shaman Demoid
12-11-06, 16:13
I made 4 runs with my apu at mars getting one.

And up to 30 runs with the whole clan at terra and there was no single disc.

Someting bugged?

What is ur exp? where did u find ur disc's and in which mob?

Kierz
12-11-06, 16:47
where did u find ur disc's and in which mob?prototypes only (in the lower lab)

NAPPER
13-11-06, 03:43
i have done about 20ish runs but nothing and only 2 tech parts lol the drop rate really does suck balls

frist kk change it so it drops lots and then they change it again to drop none what the fuck is up with that

unreal
13-11-06, 03:56
frist kk change it so it drops lots and then they change it again to drop none what the fuck is up with thatI don't think they would have made a change of that scale, particularly a change that makes WoC disks drop like candy. If it was deliberate the Ceres Labs wouldn't have been shut down either. A simple setting change should be easily reversable so it must have been some sort of glitch.

Heavyporker
13-11-06, 05:08
Whatever. The fact is, it's a motherfucking grind. I've lost count of how many Ceres Lab runs I've done *in total*, not just the last month, and I still have not gotten a single WoC Disc!

Completely and utterly cocked up.

It's the fucking truth, let's see someone try and argue against this!

unreal
13-11-06, 05:15
Well, almost immediately after starting this thread. I dual logged in the Ceres Labs, and the second Prototype I hacked contained a WoC Disk. :) I was just curious as to what the drop rate was to begin with these days as I only seemed to be farming normal techs, about 20 in total. A special level that WoC most certainly is deserves to be the small grind it is.

Dogface
13-11-06, 05:20
Speaking of woc disks, what do they sell for in this day and age? I'm after one..

NAPPER
13-11-06, 08:00
Well, almost immediately after starting this thread. I dual logged in the Ceres Labs, and the second Prototype I hacked contained a WoC Disk. :) I was just curious as to what the drop rate was to begin with these days as I only seemed to be farming normal techs, about 20 in total. A special level that WoC most certainly is deserves to be the small grind it is.

its a fucking grind to get woc in the frist place never mind the discs lol

unreal
13-11-06, 08:53
It's not too much of a grind really when you think about it.

Tank - Easy to get Strength WoC. I levelled mine to about 290million Strength XP just from killing Warbot in the J/I sectors to increase my tech part collection back then, all but one cabinet of which I gave to TFC.
Monk - Takes two seconds to get to WoC 1 at the speed Monks can earn XP. I've LOM'd my Monk from Hybrid to pure APU, to hybrid, to pure APU, to PPU, to hybrid, to PPU again, to leave myself at Psi 98. After a tiny bit of leeching recently in the Ceres Labs, I now overcap Psi. In total I've only levelled my Monk for about 9 days.
Spy - Easy as pie. Unrael has about 380million Dexterity XP or so and I've not spent a large amount of time levelling him. Started as a drone until cap, then spent the rest of the time in the Chaos Caves.
Private Eye - Granted, it takes a little extra effort compared to the other classes, but if you know what you're doing, it doesn't take too long. I earnt about 10 million Dexterity XP in a couple of hours this morning while laughing at the monkeys... err... I mean people... on The Jeremy Kyle Show :wtf:. After checking the amount of XP you can get even with a lowly BoH in the right hands, it's clear it doesn't take too long to get to WoC Dex 1. People just can't be bothered to spend that time and whine as a result of that.
One thing you can do is compare the bonus you get as a PE compared to the other classes. Think of all the undroppable items a PE can use. NCPD PA, MOVEON, PPR, Resist Chips, Tsunami Rifle, Speed Gat, Tangent Epic Weapons, Crossbow, Reveler, Gaya Glove, Baretta/AK47, TL10 heal, Stealth I, Quad.

A PE has quite a lot of versatility and advantages when using those undroppable items in their setup. The Crossbow in combination with a Reveler in the Wastelands is a particularly evil combination. A PE doesn't need to wear PA unlike a Spy (generally) does for example, not even to cap most weapons. PE doesn't need to drug at all or as much as a Spy would. A PE doesn't even need good spells to be effective. In most cases PE's carry rubbish spells anyway.

I think the extra effort for getting the WoC level in order to have the easy life as a PE is so easily justified. The only valuable item a PE will drop these days is going to be PA3 and 4, especially the WOC PA. Unless of course you're lucky enough to run into a silly red SLer that's not bothered to switch their rares to the goguardian. :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
13-11-06, 17:23
I don't really have any complaints with the xp required, I did it soloing fire mobs with an xray judge.
The problem I do have is the relative speed which other classes can reach it.
If WoC gets expanded to other areas/items/skills then I think a rework of the xp levels could be called for.

Heavyporker
13-11-06, 22:03
Small grind?!

SMALL GRIND?!?!

WTF!

Oh, this is completely pointless now. It's not even worth it to make actions with anatomical references.

giga191
13-11-06, 23:02
don't change the xp requirement

Seraphin[69]
14-11-06, 00:01
XP is not a problem for people that LOVE to kill mobs but some really DON'T !

Xbow + WOC is insane on a spy aswell as on a PE

When you can get on a spy a CON like :

85 fire, 95 energy, heavy energy belt, 35 xray, 35 poison, inquisition 2 trousers, medium inqui boots, shelter helmet (the one around PSI 25) on a spy with 350HP, capable of using 1 min obliterator and gunning a revealer

YES that's insane (and that's what my spy can do...)

Stealthing while gunning a revealer is awesome but some people cry it's exploit. It's not as it's a simple possibility (I never did it yet but maybe one day I will)

And if I can get that on spy, I wonder what you can get on a PE

Black Mamba
14-11-06, 01:23
we (exl) took a small team down there for 2 nights, i believe we found a woc on the second run, but after that nothing

Dribble Joy
14-11-06, 01:30
']85 fire, 95 energy
Please tell me that's your resist values, not your total armour....

Like I said, the xp needed should be relative to the cap value and speed at which each class gets to WoC.
Infact, I'd like to see the same effort for all classes to reach cap, not just WoC. PEs cap way too fast.

unreal
14-11-06, 01:36
The way you get WoC disks and the rate at which they currently drop should definitely stay as it is to keep them as an expensive item. Getting that amount of XP is only a grind if you want it to be that way, even as a Private Eye.

The Ceres Labs is clearly intended to be a requirement of getting your WoC level since it's the only place apart from buying/trading them off other players that you can get the disks from. I'm going to assume Reakktor intended for people to turn WoC disk farming into part of the WoC levelling process. WoC 2 - millions and millions of XP, total of three disks and a hefty amount of cash, and so on. But if people get the XP needed for WoC from farming in a place like the Chaos Caves and THEN complain that farming for 2 more WoC disks is insane, they should just put a sock in it. The inevitable quote of "stop whining" springs to mind.

I agree with Giga that the XP requirement should stay as is too. I'm tired of nonesense excuses for making it a 2second job for all people who want WoC. It should be EARNT not given. Giga, do the honours and show your PE's Dexterity Skill window please. :rolleyes:

Personally I thought getting 260million dex XP was going to be long and tedious as a Private Eye, but after testing the amount of XP you get with both Pistols (Beam of Hell in this case) and RK1000 drones in the Chaos Caves it just isn't. They both produce similair results in a similair amount of time. One is just considerably less hassle than the other.

PEs cap way too fast.Then clearly what seems as extra "grinding" as a PE to get to WoC 1 compared to other classes makes up for it? ;)

Glok
14-11-06, 01:42
Also considering the WoC Dex 1 PE compared to the same as a Spy, I think the PE should work harder. Don't yammer about balancing to me... if PEs are brought down a little but get XP gain increased the whine is not relevant.. either before or after.

StevenJ
14-11-06, 01:53
Perhaps the experimentals should drop other goodies as well as WoC disks, so whilst the WoC disk drop rate would be as low as now, you'd also get ultimas, say, or material to make DoY eyes, or a good source of techs. Would mean that KK could keep the WoC drop rate as they seem to like it, but regardless of if you got a disk or not, you'd still be using your time in a worthwhile way.

Dribble Joy
14-11-06, 01:53
Then clearly what seems as extra "grinding" as a PE to get to WoC 1 compared to other classes makes up for it? ;)
I'd just preffer it to be all a bit more equal :p. And besides though a PE hits cap fast, they still get a LOT less xp than spies, tanks and especially monks, so reaching the same xp level instead of an additional 62.5% of their main stat cap level it takes 983%.
Though it's relatively easy to reach, that massive gap puts people off.

If PEs gained a lot less xp, but WoC1 came in at 39 mil xp, I'd be more happy.

As for WoC and gaining WoC, like giga said, consistency is important. With the chance of a disk dropping so low it can take an amount of time that some people simply don't have.
Make it hard (I want WoC earned too), make the Ceres places an integral part, but make it a bit more of a cirtainty.
Maybe like I kinda suggested, a bit like MC5, a single boss or something allways drops a disk, or each mob allways drops something and there's a 'quest', like a machine near the end or behinning and you need that to get all the parts to it. So you would need to clear the zone and hack them all (or maybe kill 10 or something, so a mob dissappearing won't fuck things up).

Faid
14-11-06, 03:30
Perhaps the experimentals should drop other goodies as well as WoC disks, so whilst the WoC disk drop rate would be as low as now, you'd also get ultimas, say, or material to make DoY eyes, or a good source of techs. Would mean that KK could keep the WoC drop rate as they seem to like it, but regardless of if you got a disk or not, you'd still be using your time in a worthwhile way.

Holy shite the market would be flooded with ultimas, I've killed hundreds of Prototypes but only like 15 of those little ultima dropping johnny 5 bots in the doy tunnels. WOC tunnels are incredibly easy to do, the only thing that makes it difficult is the drop rate of the disks themselves, unless mebbe have ultima drops have the same drop rate as the woc disks, that would be good.

StevenJ
14-11-06, 04:09
Holy shite the market would be flooded with ultimas, I've killed hundreds of Prototypes but only like 15 of those little ultima dropping johnny 5 bots in the doy tunnels. WOC tunnels are incredibly easy to do, the only thing that makes it difficult is the drop rate of the disks themselves, unless mebbe have ultima drops have the same drop rate as the woc disks, that would be good.

Yeah, that's what I'm meant, sorry. Just throw some other things in there, still very, very rare - but make spending time down there more worthwhile. If an ultima dropped as often as a WoC disk, or perhaps a little more often, that would be a good start.

giga191
14-11-06, 09:38
The easiest thing to do is to make it fairer is to have one item drop per mob, and make an npc that takes 75 or more of them and swaps them for a woc disk

My PE:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1309/omigodia7.jpg

Dribble Joy
14-11-06, 09:47
One of my thoughts exactly.

Supposedly, CA/NCPD holds the Ceres disks, and in the old PE/Spy PA runs you had to go bribe the manager of them.
Get X number of items from the mobs for research purposes and take it to NCPDHQ (for pros), an old DoY scientist (since DoY had the disks to, seems reasonable they survived), or maybe just a renegade in TH (HIOB perhaps?).

edit:
Hmm I would have thought you got more xp than that, DJ has 274 now, and you've been doing it longer and harder/in a team/whatever than I....

Pantho
14-11-06, 09:54
edit:
Hmm I would have thought you got more xp than that, DJ has 274 now, and you've been doing it longer and harder/in a team/whatever than I....

DJ talking out his ass?

The XP was done along time ago wasnt it giga? and he only did it Solo with Xbow, in chaos caves.

Also, think it only took him about a month

EDIT -
Oh and you can woc 1 a capped spy in 1 day :) -

WoC: 1 a PE in 3 days..

Tanks no idea,

Monks, Deffinetly 1 day

,also.... 52m XP it cost to get the last disc Skullcult hunted for... 52m on apu / 52m on ppu ...

Now if ya got 2 discs down there, it would be 100m each/ ( in theory)

Dribble Joy
14-11-06, 10:00
I was assuming he has gained it progressively up untill now (though maybe with a stint to WoC1).
Clearly he hasn't.

giga191
14-11-06, 10:55
Hmm I would have thought you got more xp than that, DJ has 274 now, and you've been doing it longer and harder/in a team/whatever than I.... lol, team? i wish, almost all of it was solo and when it wasn't then it was usually just with gunnar. It's not really something that I do on a regular basis, i did all 3 lvls in marathons with big gaps in between.

Pantho
14-11-06, 11:35
lol, team? i wish, almost all of it was solo and when it wasn't then it was usually just with gunnar. It's not really something that I do on a regular basis, i did all 3 lvls in marathons with big gaps in between.

LIES!!! my 60 bas dex Rifle PE, got so much fucking XP from you :) -

You team'd him, and i was weeeeee XP!....

Oh yea thx :p..... But that was more of me leaching doing 5 dmg with a TSU, while u killed them... i dont think you got much of me lol.. and was only for 1 day