PDA

View Full Version : Hacking Fun

BaDDaSS
09-11-06, 19:02
Does anyone remember the old hacking appartment, with all the stuff to hax etc.

Was really cool.

Well I checked Takeda Exclusive Housing / Enter A (Password Nexus), but it seems it must have been NC1, not NC2 (my memory is shit).

We should get something like that setup again, was fun.

On a similar note, I saw this video pn THN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqCGcXsN3NY&mode=related&search=

Now I know I've been gone a while, but I don't think this has ever been possible. I'm sure it was always one of those functions on the list of implementations for BDOY Expansion.

Would be so cool if this was possible :P

naphead
09-11-06, 19:07
OMG! I forgot about that. Just incase though...

*runs to change pwd on all apts*

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 19:56
You should be able to hack elevators, not to players apts, but to a randomly generated one, with hackable cabs and things. Maybe a short HN sector with mobs to beat first after the hack game, otherwise it's 'free' stuff'.

That and there should be apts set up as parts of missions, like assassinations and parts of runs. Would make the world seem a bit more like somewhere that people live.

RusSki
09-11-06, 20:05
Awesome ideas.

And yeah it would make it feel more like a city where people live.

Surely it wouldnt be that hard to implement something like this.

nobby
09-11-06, 20:07
I'd certainly play more if they had that implemented !

Apocalypsox
09-11-06, 20:10
should take a good bit of hack, and there should be turrets you can install into your house that shoots anyone that isnt in your team/clan/you.

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 20:12
They've had apts setup as part of events and storyline stuff, I don't see why it can't be done for missions. NPC gives you the pw and off you go.

Brammers
09-11-06, 20:57
You can get hackable cabs. Anyone can hack them, but only the apartment owner (Or a clan member in the case of clan apartments) can open the hacked cab.

BaDDaSS
09-11-06, 21:13
Bleh, just make appartments and all cabinets hackable tbh :-)

Pantho
09-11-06, 21:49
hackable app cab = Some1's quickbelt -

Basically we should set kill self, and get a GM to change the model,... end of :p

unreal
09-11-06, 21:58
That sort of thing is used regularly in the Ceres Labs. People carry junk down there to recycle ammo, and kill self so they can recycle a load of ammo and store it without being overloaded. :)

Although, it's pretty rare you see anyone other than exploiting monks (ie, everyone) down there. ;)

Skusty
09-11-06, 22:26
As Snowcrash once said. "The apartment system is a very sensitive system" so it is nothing they would risk to do i bet.

Btw, the hackwindow was leaning in the movie. ;)

Pantho
09-11-06, 22:31
That sort of thing is used regularly in the Ceres Labs. People carry junk down there to recycle ammo, and kill self so they can recycle a load of ammo and store it without being overloaded. :)

Although, it's pretty rare you see anyone other than exploiting monks (ie, everyone) down there. ;)

droners tbh-

Anyways i saw a Massive FA force, recently after it re-opened... and KK declared jumping in barrels ain't a exploit , to make u lose SL - .... poor Spy jumped in 4 times and got a rezz before they clicked on

Glok
09-11-06, 23:30
You should be able to hack elevators, not to players apts, but to a randomly generated one, with hackable cabs and things. Maybe a short HN sector with mobs to beat first after the hack game, otherwise it's 'free' stuff'.Instance dungeons! Awesome! *cries*

edit6:\\\ serious btw. That would make the city SO much larger. Hacking into apartments with a randomly generated NPC defending his property.

Apocalypsox
09-11-06, 23:41
NPC: Hey! Who the hell ar *gunshot*
Warbot makes a tick mark on his scoreboard and steals uber lewts.

a4nic8er
10-11-06, 00:05
You should be able to hack elevators, not to players apts, but to a randomly generated one, with hackable cabs and things. Maybe a short HN sector with mobs to beat first after the hack game, otherwise it's 'free' stuff'.

That and there should be apts set up as parts of missions, like assassinations and parts of runs. Would make the world seem a bit more like somewhere that people live.
HAH! They can't even fix the Jones newby hacker mission which has been broken for a year or so. Don't encourage them to screw something else up. :rolleyes:

Glok
10-11-06, 00:10
HAH! They can't even fix the Jones newby hacker mission which has been broken for a year or so. Don't encourage them to screw something else up. :rolleyes:You're so cool. Can I be your friend?

Jakobe
10-11-06, 00:12
I loved being able to follow people into thier apartments and gank em. That was fun, nowhere was safe in plaza lol.