PDA

View Full Version : Regarding drone leveling

Rob01m
09-11-06, 07:23
I'll get right to the questions:

1. Between the RK-1000 and PUNISHER, which will level me faster against either snakes in the Graves or the mobs in Regent's Legacy?

2. Does that fact that I do less damage with the same drone against the mobs in Regent's Legacy as opposed to snakes in the Graves mean I'm actually leveling slower?

3. Since my rank with an RK-1000 is 80/xx, does that mean I'll get reduced exp from mobs 70/70 or 80/80? I'm not completely sure how exp gain works now.

4. How is it people claim to get 10 - 15million dex/int exp an hour? I cap an RK-1000, and even when the snake spawns are in my favor, I don't get near that. Is it because you gain less exp the lower level your main skills are?

That's all for now... Answer any question you know about. Some general tips about how exp is gained would be insightful, seeing as how I haven't been around for all the patch changes and such. How does exp gain work with mobs below your combat rank?

Cheers! :D

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 07:38
1. Between the RK-1000 and PUNISHER, which will level me faster against either snakes in the Graves or the mobs in Regent's Legacy?
Dunno.

2. Does that fact that I do less damage with the same drone against the mobs in Regent's Legacy as opposed to snakes in the Graves mean I'm actually leveling slower?
Xp is per mob, a lvl 90 mob in 20 secs opposed to 50 secs will mean more xp for a given time-frame.
Afaik, regant mobs have higher armour and hp, so a lvl 90 parasite may give the same xp as a lvl 90 snake, but you can't kill them as quickly.

3. Since my rank with an RK-1000 is 80/xx, does that mean I'll get reduced exp from mobs 70/70 or 80/80? I'm not completely sure how exp gain works now.
Xp is done per mob depending on the tl of the weapon (drone) and the lvl of the mob.
As far as I am aware, when your combat rank increases only the reward is reduced/lost, xp is not.
Someone killing a rat with a CS will get more xp than someone using their fists, but of course the relative xp gain is quite different.

4. How is it people claim to get 10 - 15million dex/int exp an hour? I cap an RK-1000, and even when the snake spawns are in my favor, I don't get near that. Is it because you gain less exp the lower level your main skills are?
10-15 sounds a bit high, but not completely daft. Get the highest possible tl drone you can (prefferably AoE for graves/el farid) and drug if needed.

Also, killing the highest possible mob isn't allways a good thing.
A lvl 100 mob might get you....100k xp say, but if it takes 2 mins to kill where a lvl 80 that gives 50k xp takes 30 secs, then you aren't getting xp at a good rate.

Rob01m
09-11-06, 08:04
Xp is per mob, a lvl 90 mob in 20 secs opposed to 50 secs will mean more xp for a given time-frame.
Afaik, regant mobs have higher armour and hp, so a lvl 90 parasite may give the same xp as a lvl 90 snake, but you can't kill them as quickly.

Xp is done per mob depending on the tl of the weapon (drone) and the lvl of the mob.
As far as I am aware, when your combat rank increases only the reward is reduced/lost, xp is not.
Someone killing a rat with a CS will get more xp than someone using their fists, but of course the relative xp gain is quite different.

10-15 sounds a bit high, but not completely daft. Get the highest possible tl drone you can (prefferably AoE for graves/el farid) and drug if needed.

Also, killing the highest possible mob isn't allways a good thing.
A lvl 100 mob might get you....100k xp say, but if it takes 2 mins to kill where a lvl 80 that gives 50k xp takes 30 secs, then you aren't getting xp at a good rate.

Hey Dribble Joy! Are you available for PMs about things any time?

Some things:

It's funny because this is what I always thought too, about if someone with a CS killed a roach for example, they would get more absolute exp than a lower level runner or same runner with smaller weaponry (not much more seeing as it's 1/1 :lol: but still). I thought that until today where people were saying in-game that I was wrong... They said not only do you get less exp the higher above the combat rank of the mob you go, but that if the mob says "Pick on someone your own size" you get 0 exp? I didn't believe that, but I didn't have the time to test it then either.

Anyways, the RK-1000 is the highest non-special AOE drone at TL108, it's also the most damaging of AOE drones, even doing better than the TL122 or so PUNISHER. I asked that first question mainly to see if TL mattered more than damage done. Because while an RK-1000 will greatly outdamage a PUNISHER (at least against snakes) I wasn't sure which would actually give more exp/sec.

Thanks for responding! :D

solid-rock
09-11-06, 10:16
I think the punisher is absolutely useless in every regard :P.

Although i can hardly match DJ's phenomenal reply i still wanna throw in my 2 cents.

I personally use an RK 1000 at graves for leveling and i get quite decent XP. The snakes can be herded into big groups and and there plenty of things you can fire at for AOE. The snakes are quite easy to kill and its only a short sprint to reset once youve cleared the dungeon. Ontop of that you can stock your clan up on viperking vests (O sell em theyr worth a decent sum). Oh and did i mention that theres several good spots to hide there aswell.

Again personally im not too fond of regants. The mobs take quite a while to kill and are not a great deal higher level. The dungeon is quite open and there is only limited places to hide your meatsack and only the parasites are afected by stealth making it a hard sprint for the nearest safe spot. Ofcourse you can kite around the nightmare and his folowers and nuke em for a good deal of xp but there a quite nasty chance that you may get hit even hiding behind the lil box fort.

As for drone survivability i believe that the mutant xray damagemay hurt drones abit more than the snake poison but still is a meager amount compared to other places. Heck the only time ive lost RK's in either place have been when i acidently nuked myself.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents.

CMaster
09-11-06, 10:45
To the best of my knowledge, XP works on a formula approximatley like this:

XP per hit = (damage done/mob health)*mob level*weapon TL
Now, theres almost certainly some more complex factors involved - but thats your guide. You definatley always get XP - my rifle spy levelled off a 2/2 mob with a Healing Light once.
Chaos caves are also popular with droners. What I have heard is the trick to Graves is that you don't wait for the spawns to be in your favour - you make them. You aggro snakes with a drone, and gather a group of them up into one place, all spawning - THEN AoE them.

Oh, and Punisher is so not worth the cost and effort for its lousy damage.

solid-rock
09-11-06, 10:50
Acually the leveling systems axact working has always been sort of a mystery maybe its time we got an official explanation :P. Other games its simple eanough

"You kill mob xp pops up on screen. Mob be 5 levels lower than you you get half xp. Mob be 5 levels above you you get double xp. <-- You get happy :D . Mob be 10 levels below you you get no xp. <--You get sad :( ."

*Pokes Nid with a stick screaming at him to explain the XP system*

Darkana
09-11-06, 11:36
Chaos caves > everything else, even for droners. Personally I found a Punisher not different from a RK-1000 in terms of XP, and even though you do less damage you can _aim_ with it, an advantage you need in a number of situations.

As to the XP itself ... I gained one time ~14 mil XP both in DEX and INT in one chaos cave run, but that didn't happen in just one hour, it took more like 3 hours, about (was all on my own, and full Lieut run).

silent000
09-11-06, 12:59
450k each RK1000 my capped droner uses in the BD hq in pp3....but now u cant kill NPCs for soulight (even tho i aint doing it for SL) is now exploitable :( so regants is also good

solid-rock
09-11-06, 13:16
Thought you only got XP from killing mobs not NPC's

Pantho
09-11-06, 13:17

Now, theres almost certainly some more complex factors involved - but thats your guide. You definatley always get XP - my rifle spy levelled off a 2/2 mob with a Healing Light once.
Chaos caves are also popular with droners. What I have heard is the trick to Graves is that you don't wait for the spawns to be in your favour - you make them. You aggro snakes with a drone, and gather a group of them up into one place, all spawning - THEN AoE them.

your rank has alot to do with it... ALOT -

The money you gain is a good basis to go on -

droner, RK1000 - , if your hunting lvl 70/70 mobs, get you rank to 69/ by removing your Drone eye. and zonign alot

Brammers
09-11-06, 13:23
The Punisher was excellent in NC1, but it got a nerf in NC2. Now the RK-1000 is the king of leveling drones.

Even the shop version of the RK-1000 is perfectly useable.

I have droned in Regents, but the tricky bit in Regents is getting all the mobs together in the big boss room. Chaos caves, I find the mobs eats the drones for breakfast.

mdares
09-11-06, 13:24
regeants is good cuz it tends to have huge grps and its easy to get em all together. hell i've been with some really good droners who manage to aggro and pull the ENTIRE COMPLEX mobs into one area and its all just AOE goodness.

solid-rock
09-11-06, 14:00
Even the shop version of the RK-1000 is perfectly useable.

That goes for all drone types really. Getting ones constructed aint worth it since the store ones are all good quality.

Kiting regants on a droner isnt hard although it does take abit of finesse keeping them all interested. I still prefer graves for soloing though the mobs die so mutch quicker.

unreal
09-11-06, 16:25
Chaos caves, I find the mobs eats the drones for breakfast.Depends if you use them wisely or not. And the difference between Regants and Chaos Caves is the Regants mobs do bugger all damage and you get less XP compared to killing lots of Creepers.

Pantho
09-11-06, 16:26
Depends if you use them wisely or not.

Yes for isntance... Look at where the rocket is made...

Imagine it being made inside something ......... no more comments there -

or in queen room... nicly placed it can fire well, and only get hit by 1 or 2 mobs... and heal -

Hit 12 , shot by 1 :)

Pantho
09-11-06, 16:36
regeants is good cuz it tends to have huge grps and its easy to get em all together. hell i've been with some really good droners who manage to aggro and pull the ENTIRE COMPLEX mobs into one area and its all just AOE goodness.

100m DEX XP in 1 day on a droner, is slightly overpowered

unreal
09-11-06, 17:44
Imagine it being made inside something ......... no more comments there or in queen room... nicly placed it can fire well, and only get hit by 1 or 2 mobs...Well I wasn't talking about exploiting since that's exactly what putting your drone in a safespot is. I was talking about using common sense. If you put a drone into a room full of high level mobs, clearly it's going to get wtfpwnt fairly easily.

Rob01m
09-11-06, 17:54
I never thought I'd get so many posts in this amount of time! :D

Again personally im not too fond of regants. The mobs take quite a while to kill and are not a great deal higher level. The dungeon is quite open and there is only limited places to hide your meatsack and only the parasites are afected by stealth making it a hard sprint for the nearest safe spot. Ofcourse you can kite around the nightmare and his folowers and nuke em for a good deal of xp but there a quite nasty chance that you may get hit even hiding behind the lil box fort.

As for drone survivability i believe that the mutant xray damagemay hurt drones abit more than the snake poison but still is a meager amount compared to other places. Heck the only time ive lost RK's in either place have been when i acidently nuked myself.

Now I've not been there very much, because I've only just returned to the game recently. I found that the Sluggers generally don't hurt the drone very often unless they are in melee range, and parasites don't do very much. The handwalker mutants are damaging, but at least not one shot pops... :lol:

I've seen a room in Regent's where people have gathered like 100 slugggers, it was a sight to see to be sure. I'd love to drone against that, but it seems the place is always occupied.

Chaos caves > everything else, even for droners. Personally I found a Punisher not different from a RK-1000 in terms of XP, and even though you do less damage you can _aim_ with it, an advantage you need in a number of situations.

As to the XP itself ... I gained one time ~14 mil XP both in DEX and INT in one chaos cave run, but that didn't happen in just one hour, it took more like 3 hours, about (was all on my own, and full Lieut run).

Ah see, last I've tried Chaos Caves on my droner, I remember it being too tough on the drone. I'll have to try again, though. I like the fact that the mobs there spawn more mobs, so if I can keep my drones intact it would be a nice place to be. :D Yeah, ~14 million in 3 hours is much more likely than some of the claims I heard before from some people. :lol:

your rank has alot to do with it... ALOT -

The money you gain is a good basis to go on -

droner, RK1000 - , if your hunting lvl 70/70 mobs, get you rank to 69/ by removing your Drone eye. and zonign alot

Something seems contradictory here. :lol:

So if I'm 80/xx that means I'm getting less exp fighting 70/70 snakes and maybe even 80/80 snakes than if I were 69/xx? Being that rank by taking out my eye means I'm doing less damage, because my drone is then not capped. It would seem if that were true the exp would get scaled down so much for mobs which I was way higher then, yet CMaster says (and what I thought for the longest) that you still get exp off a 2/2 mob for example.

So experience does decrease when you have a higher combat rank than the mob then? But it's never 0 right? :confused:

Pantho
09-11-06, 17:56
Please, we are all either bored in game -

or at College/uni not doing work, and surfing forums all day -

woot home time - brb in 30-60

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 18:16
The only way to verify any xp realtionship is to test it. As far as I am aware combat rank has nothing to do with xp, others say it doesn't. Quite frankly I'm not sure who's right.

jini
09-11-06, 18:17

of course all that can simply be described with one word : bull****
Edit:: the snake graves in Lucida is a place where drones dont get damaged, resulting is fast kills. However I was not impressed at all from exp gained last time i was. Try this cave as well, with a couple of RKs you can clear the whole cave really fast and get your own conclusions, but If i remember I wasn't thrilled at all...

You need to do the highest possible damage against a mob, and this is done with only The RK series drones. Period.
Best place to get XP : Regants Legacy.. by far
is 10-14 milions/hour possible to get there : Yes its VERY possible to get, provided you are alone of course, and that you have found a way to counter that awful chasing around effect. Also, I would try the FC1000 drone as well, which presents some benefits against the neverending chasing around of the drone, which results in bad aiming of the Rks as darkana pointed out. But the punishers are not good in there.
Chaos is indeed a very good place for exp, provided you have other teams shooting already.

CMaster
09-11-06, 18:18
Its probably possible to reverse engineer the XP calculations if you are prepared to do enough testing.

Rob01m
09-11-06, 18:21
The only way to verify any xp realtionship is to test it. As far as I am aware combat rank has nothing to do with xp, others say it doesn't. Quite frankly I'm not sure who's right.

Exactly right. I'm going to spend some time testing this today, finally. :lol:

CMaster
09-11-06, 18:22
Also, its been suggested to me through PMs that mainstat level has an effect (IE, what level your dex/psi/str is)

ROZZER187
09-11-06, 18:26
i use the rk1000's once i cap them, dont bother with anything else for leveling.

go to regants in the boss room i made about 4mill each run with my droner and each run lasted around 10mins.

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 18:31
of course all that can simply be described with one word : bull****
Based on... what? Other that you loathing for me and your own opinion?

You need to do the highest possible damage against a mob, and this is done with only The RK series drones. Period.

Dmg is irrelevant, or at least, dmg per hit is. Damage per time is important at it means more mobs dropped in a given peroid. You can either say xp is per mob and weapon tl (gained as you damage it) or you can say it's follows CM's formula, either works, but what you want is as much xp in say... an hour's play, so you need to kill them as fast as possible.

I'm assuming (in my drone nibbery, I haven't played them much) that RKs are AoE? Because using a drone that does say.. 200 per hit over an AoE that does 150 is daft.

Now, unless I am mistaken and someone can correct me, a lvl 90 regant mob will give the same amount of xp as a lvl 90 mob from el farid/caves/graves, but as they have more hp and/or better armour, you cannot kill them as fast with the same weapon, therefore the xp gain from such mobs is lower.

Rob01m
09-11-06, 18:54
Dmg is irrelevant, or at least, dmg per hit is. Damage per time is important at it means more mobs dropped in a given peroid. You can either say xp is per mob and weapon tl (gained as you damage it) or you can say it's follows CM's formula, either works, but what you want is as much xp in say... an hour's play, so you need to kill them as fast as possible.

I'm assuming (in my drone nibbery, I haven't played them much) that RKs are AoE? Because using a drone that does say.. 200 per hit over an AoE that does 150 is daft.

Now, unless I am mistaken and someone can correct me, a lvl 90 regant mob will give the same amount of xp as a lvl 90 mob from el farid/caves/graves, but as they have more hp and/or better armour, you cannot kill them as fast with the same weapon, therefore the xp gain from such mobs is lower.

I'll let you know how my testing goes, I don't plan to be overly scientific or meticulous, but it will suit my purposes... :p

As for the "drone nibbery" :p, yes RK drones are rocket AOE drones that do the most AOE damage of any drone, pretty much across the board. The downside to them is their accuracy, they fire like rocket cannons. I'd go as far to say possibly the RK500 (TL81) probably even outdamages or at least is on par with the TL122 PUNISHER which is a Raygun cannon drone. So naturally the AOE drone of choice in most cases is the TL108 RK-1000, unless you really need to aim well, in which case your next steps down would be the best Fusion cannon drone (TL101 FC-1000) or Raygun cannon drone (TL122 PUNISHER).

jini
09-11-06, 19:14
Based on... what? Other that you loathing for me and your own opinion?

-based on my experience as droner
-dmg per hit or dmg over time, are the opposite sides of the same coin. One has the time factor in it, but the common denominator heree is well ... Dmg. You are making the simple things difficult by overcomplicating them, a common mistake to many (bad) scientists.
Simple things, look how I describe the best experience: get The most damage to the highest possible mobs. Just 4 words. What does this mean?
the highest damage means the smallest killing time per mob, as well as the most mobs killed in the smallest time slice. But you wont last long if your drone blows up, which almost eliminates chaos caves.

Now, unless I am mistaken and someone can correct me, a lvl 90 regant mob will give the same amount of xp as a lvl 90 mob from el farid/caves/graves, but as they have more hp and/or better armour, you cannot kill them as fast with the same weapon, therefore the xp gain from such mobs is lower
I will correct you.
going to el farid is also a bit of waste of time, because the drone dies fast.
so basically there are two caves left. regants or snake graves.
Snake graves are piss easy. those snakes only do pure poison and this doesnt hurt the drones AT all. Meaning you can shoot at your hearts desire packs of snakes and from every range. Its very easy.
Downside is, that even though i never kept numbers, (I never do. I play for fun) it seemed to me less less less exp than regants.
Now shooting paracytes: Even though these are only 90/90 mobs they gather in HUGE numbers and this is the reason why they give so much experience. ITs not rare to pack 20-30 of them and AoE them full time. This is what gives experience in 10s of millions per hour in regants. Add 4-5 sluggers in the group (the 100/100 ones) and that group will give you some 5-6 millions total exp in dex. So recap: I prefer 1000times to kill paracytes all day long than anything else, except -maybe- that group of crawlers inside the boss room, but theese hurt the drone a bit more and the worst is they run fast, while the paracytes dont hurt the drone as much and you kill fast and easy

I always go for the practical and easy way of exp...

CMaster
09-11-06, 19:25
-dmg per hit or dmg over time, are the opposite sides of the same coin. One has the time factor in it, but the common denominator heree is well ... Dmg. You are making the simple things difficult by overcomplicating them, a common mistake to many (bad) scientists.
Simple things, look how I describe the best experience: get The most damage to the highest possible mobs. Just 4 words. What does this mean?
the highest damage means the smallest killing time per mob, as well as the most mobs killed in the smallest time slice. But you wont last long if your drone blows up, which almost eliminates chaos caves.

Jini, what you are talking about has nothing to do with damage per hit whatsoever, and all do to with damage as a function of time. When we are studying efficency in levelling, it all comes down to functions of time.

RusSki
09-11-06, 20:14

I never realised you'd leveled with me during my regents days :)

Pulling all the mobs to one small area is easy once you know how and the xp is insane.

RK1000 is defo the weapon of choice as i think it has a slightly larger area of effect.
Also its cheap as chips because i always used to over skill till i capped store brought ones. Tho i rarely used more than 1 drone to clear it completely it.

jini
09-11-06, 20:38
Jini, what you are talking about has nothing to do with damage per hit whatsoever, and all do to with damage as a function of time. When we are studying efficency in levelling, it all comes down to functions of time.
Of course it does. But THE most crucial thing is to pick the right weapon. To pick the one that does the most damage. Either instant or over time. If a weapon does the biggest damage, then if you add the time factor, you will also get the most damage over time. So you first pick the best weapon which is in our case the RK drones and then you try to keep shooting without interruptions. I prefer 30-40 parasites than shooting 5-10 sluggers. And someone must try snake graves again. Its a forgotten place, one of the oldest designs in cron and this shows, but I didnt liked what i got xp wise. I wasnt monitoring numbers tho...

CMaster
09-11-06, 20:52
Of course it does. But THE most crucial thing is to pick the right weapon. To pick the one that does the most damage. Either instant or over time. If a weapon does the biggest damage, then if you add the time factor, you will also get the most damage over time. So you first pick the best weapon which is in our case the RK drones and then you try to keep shooting without interruptions. I prefer 30-40 parasites than shooting 5-10 sluggers. And someone must try snake graves again. Its a forgotten place, one of the oldest designs in cron and this shows, but I didnt liked what i got xp wise. I wasnt monitoring numbers tho...

No. It doesn't matter whether you do 5 damage per shot or 5000. Its down to how long it takes to kill a mob. And THAT is determined by damage/time

jini
09-11-06, 20:58
No. It doesn't matter whether you do 5 damage per shot or 5000. Its down to how long it takes to kill a mob. And THAT is determined by damage/time
ok when are you going to kill a mob faster? if you do 5 or if you do 5000? we are saying he same thing here and yet we disagree? :rolleyes:

you get the function exp=damage/time
time you cant mess with unless you are riding Dribble's ray of light car
damage is the only parameter left to touch :p

Rob01m
09-11-06, 21:03
I didn't do much testing yet, but I'm thinking I should think of better methods, because there's too many variables really. I ran into something odd already. I'll try and describe the oddity, perhaps it has something to do with other bugs we notice.

I only tested against 6/6 Small Sewer Rat and 14/14 Cankered Plant thus far. I only tried using a TL3 drone (lowest) and TL105 drone (highest non-AOE I have available). My rank while using the TL3 drone was 2/43, while using the TL105 drone it was 78/43. I tried using the TL3 drone while my combat rank was still 78/43 as well. I relogged after every mob was killed to get accurate exp readings. I did it like this: Kill, relog, read exp, kill, relog, read exp, etc. I did 5 of each. I made sure all had full health bars and that no other mobs were injured during this. In the case of plants, they did not damage themselves and I checked that against the money I receieved. For example, if you get 111nc from a 14/14 Plant, but one gives 109nc, it's because it was damaged by other means. All my mobs were damaged 100% by me.

6/6 Small Sewer Rat:

TL3 drone at 2/43: 27/26/28/27/28 EXP
TL105 drone at 78/43: 0/0/0/0/0 EXP
TL3 drone at 78/43: 28/27/27/26/27 EXP

14/14 Cankered Plant:

TL3 2/43: 90/90/90/90/90 EXP
TL105 78/43: 778/778/778/778/778 EXP
TL3 78/43: 90/90/90/90/90 EXP

Notice the oddity? First of all, my combat rank did not prevent me from getting exp from the Cankered Plant, but I didn't get any from the Small Sewer Rat. What I noticed was I saw a damage reading on the Plant when I fired my TL105 drone, whereas I saw nothing on the Rat, the beam went right through it and killed it with no reading. Can this be related to the weird bugs people get when encountering very high damage mobs, like health going through the floor and then being completely nullified?

Also, for some reason my experience gain seemed to be static on the Plants whereas it wasn't on the Rats...

Any thoughts?

CMaster
09-11-06, 21:06
ok when are you going to kill a mob faster? if you do 5 or if you do 5000? we are saying he same thing here and yet we disagree? :rolleyes:

you get the function exp=damage/time
time you cant mess with unless you are riding Dribble's ray of light car
damage is the only parameter left to touch :p

Your forgetting that damage over time = (frequency - shots not taken due to reload) * damage per shot
And when we are talking AoE, we have to consider damage radius and spread too. Its not simply about what makes the numbers roll off.

Dogface
09-11-06, 21:09
I don't care much for numbers or maths, but I will tell you that Regants is better than the Graves in nearly every way. For a start, it's more interesting and fun by farrrr, the xp is insane (much better than graves), money is good enough, it has a fat boss room and there's a ton of great mobs in there.

I'm capping my droner at the moment, I was totally sick of the XP in the graves and then a friend introduced me to Regants :)

Rob01m
09-11-06, 21:11
I don't care much for numbers or maths, but I will tell you that Regants is better than the Graves in nearly every way. For a start, it's more interesting and fun by farrrr, the xp is insane (much better than graves), money is good enough, it has a fat boss room and there's a ton of great mobs in there.

I'm capping my droner at the moment, I was totally sick of the XP in the graves and then a friend introduced me to Regants :)

From a pure EXP standpoint, I found that Regent's gave more as well. However, you have to take into account other people. The graves is usually empty, and Regent's usually has a few people in it. :p

jini
09-11-06, 21:20
Your forgetting that damage over time = (frequency - shots not taken due to reload) * damage per shot
And when we are talking AoE, we have to consider damage radius and spread too. Its not simply about what makes the numbers roll off.
We Cant interfere or alter these factors. Of course I was talking of a capped drone, and if you can a drone BOTH in frequency AND dmg (well dmg you cap already) then you will notice dmg per hit is also higher. In fact the bigger those red numbers the better it is.
Now there are a couple of things that goes with the RK series drones, that I have learned when I spend my youth in Regants ( I was teh first one there. At least I was alone)
1. dmg radius AND spread are two things YOU dont give a shit. Say you have a pack of 50 mobs all stayed tight. Your drones radius is propably higher than that of the pack, yet your drone will only hit UP TO 6 different mobs. This limitation also exists in tank canons. Only monks dont have this ( as allways :rolleyes: )
2. Total damage from these hits if you add is something between 550-600 regardless if you use DB, or your mobs are 100/100 or 90/90 or 115/115.
It sounds really strange, but these are my conclusions

jini
09-11-06, 21:49
From a pure EXP standpoint, I found that Regent's gave more as well. However, you have to take into account other people. The graves is usually empty, and Regent's usually has a few people in it. :p
exactly why i told you to go to the graves.
we have to be practical. Regants might be better, but the end justify the means (forgive me if slaughter the expression :p)

Forget My Name
10-11-06, 05:39
Can this be related to the weird bugs people get when encountering very high damage mobs, like health going through the floor and then being completely nullified?

Sorry for being off topic, but this isnt a bug. Damage in this game works perfectly fine. What people mistake this "bug" for is your resistance nullifying the damage. If you want to talk about this, make another thread :)

jini
10-11-06, 08:59
6/6 Small Sewer Rat:

TL3 drone at 2/43: 27/26/28/27/28 EXP
TL105 drone at 78/43: 0/0/0/0/0 EXP
TL3 drone at 78/43: 28/27/27/26/27 EXP

14/14 Cankered Plant:

TL3 2/43: 90/90/90/90/90 EXP
TL105 78/43: 778/778/778/778/778 EXP
TL3 78/43: 90/90/90/90/90 EXP

Notice the oddity? First of all, my combat rank did not prevent me from getting exp from the Cankered Plant, but I didn't get any from the Small Sewer Rat. What I noticed was I saw a damage reading on the Plant when I fired my TL105 drone, whereas I saw nothing on the Rat, the beam went right through it and killed it with no reading. Can this be related to the weird bugs people get when encountering very high damage mobs, like health going through the floor and then being completely nullified?

Also, for some reason my experience gain seemed to be static on the Plants whereas it wasn't on the Rats...

Any thoughts?
There must be some kind of a bug for results on the PB drone against the smaller one, but obviously, the higher the drone, the higher the damage. The higher the damage the most experience. However TL of a weapon does not guarantee most damage, as the RK series drones clearly stand out of the rest. example: a nemesis does something around 60 total damage per shot on a slugger, while the RK does 200-250. The RK1K also does the same damage to a DBd BC in mc5, while the nemesis does only 120 if i can remember. The mc5 mobs they are 120/120 but have much less armor than a slugger @ 100/100 which is a bitch to kill. The worst kind are the crawlers: these must be the most resiliant mobs I can think of. Yet you get way less exp within mc5 than you do in Regants, and this clearly shows us that XP has nothing to do with how fast you kill a mob.
If I had to do a guess based on the above, then I would say that XP gained is NOT affected by TL at all. Its mob related, meaning that every mob gives a specific XP, in that each mob is an XP vessel. It's up to you to kill this mob fast or slow, but you ll get the XP nevertheless. This rule exists for high level mobs though

jini
10-11-06, 12:40
ok you nubs here are fresh data given from the nib, bugs gunny:

at Regants, a:

monk gains some 21mil/hour
a spy droner some 10-12 mils/hour
a pe droner some 8 mils/hour ( I was gaining some 10-12 but it was more than a year back, and there were some very special spots back then :p)
Edit::: tanks? what tanks?

As usual its allways a monk :rolleyes: and you can now see the correlation of pure damage to experience

My capped rifle spy that was using a HL in there, was realy shafted, by doing only 3x50 a total of 150 dmg in just one slugger. Compare this to 600 from a RK1K... or the unlimited area effect and mobs number of barrels.. ridiculous

As most monkies should know, it seems that preferred barrel is that holy energy one (only TL75), while even with a holy thunderstorm you get the same exp, but you run out of gas from the mana soon :p

final results:
1. Kill the ALL the monk :lol:
2. Give Crossbows a slight boost in freq/dmg of say 50% and a bit larger magazine of 40 bullets :rolleyes:
(ok was kidding about the monks :p)

Brammers
10-11-06, 15:40
at Regants, a:

monk gains some 21mil/hour
a spy droner some 10-12 mils/hour
a pe droner some 8 mils/hour ( I was gaining some 10-12 but it was more than a year back, and there were some very special spots back then :p)
Edit::: tanks? what tanks?

One thing very vital missing from that information, is whether it's just in one stat or over all stats.

And also whats the damage per minute?

jini
10-11-06, 15:46
Bram, its the things you can level. Dex/int as spies/pes and PSI as monks how can it be in all stats? Spies dont get psi exp and monks Dex...
You cant find damage figures for a minute, unless you can add like a computer, besides its unimportant. Important thing is, to cap your weapons.

Brammers
10-11-06, 15:57
Bram, its the things you can level. Dex/int as spies/pes and PSI as monks how can it be in all stats? Spies dont get psi exp and monks Dex...
You cant find damage figures for a minute, unless you can add like a computer, besides its unimportant. Important thing is, to cap your weapons.

Ok I missed a bit out of my post, but you answered my question. A PE getting lesss XP makes sense, they need less total XP to cap their characters.

As for why the Monk gains more XP in INT/PSI than Spies in DEX/INT thats when damage over time comes in. Factor in the resistances of the mobs, I reckon you get close to the answer.

jini
10-11-06, 16:01
yea, the monks get more XP bcz that barrel is doing 2x the damage a RK does, or kills more mobs in the time unit

of course, you understand there is also a factor about how well you can play/frame the mobs and capitalize the most from your weapons as well. Personally I don't believe that a PE gets less xp than a Spy does. Differences are too close and there might be other factors involved. But I might be wrong here

james_finn
10-11-06, 16:06
Or does more damage with regards to the mobs resistances.

CMaster
10-11-06, 17:03
Of course, thats the other factor that was negelected - each character has different "learning rates" on each stat. Monks for example only gain int at about 1/3 the rate that they do for psi, or indeed spies seem to in int. PEs get less dex XP doing the identical thing to spies...

jini
10-11-06, 17:17
Of course, thats the other factor that was negelected - each character has different "learning rates" on each stat. Monks for example only gain int at about 1/3 the rate that they do for psi, or indeed spies seem to in int. PEs get less dex XP doing the identical thing to spies...
yes this is true up to a point.
monks alone cant gain Int fast enough, but if paired with a droner, INT still levels fast.
As a spy, INT goes up at the same rate DEX goes when you drone, but not when you area rifler or pistolero...
PEs level dex and INT at different rates, but Dex when you drone is not that different than Dex on a spy droner. Int however is, and i think this has to do with the lower overall level. I wished I could kept notes comparing PE/Spy droner in regard to dex leveling, but its not easy, because there is always a random factor of how well you play that particular moment. Anyway if there is a difference, I didnt noticed it

clockmaker
10-11-06, 17:56
Any tips for droning at reagants ? I've never dared going there...

Forget My Name
10-11-06, 18:07
Droners, only hitting 4-6 mobs compared to the monk hitting 20 also is a factor.

remember, droners can never go above 6 targets.

Also, something people don't seem to realise that I have noticed, monk aoe and droner aoe work differently.

Monk aoe ignores mobs and just hits everything in its aoe range.

Droners aoe actually don't ignore mobs. If you hit 20 genetoxic mobs from the front, you only hit about 4 of them. If you hit them from atop, like on their heads, you hit4-6 of them, mostly 5. Why? I believe the droner aoe actually stops when hitting a mob, and thus wont pass the mob like monk aoe does.

I rarely hit 6 targets with an RK drone. I only ever see 4 or 5 damage numbers come above their heards. But when a monk does aoe, damage pops up on all thier heads.

and yes, i know that rooms can get 'info full' with damage due to the mobs poisoning each other.

Dogface
11-11-06, 00:50
My spies int and dex have stayed exactly level since I made him.. Int is always about one level and a bit behind dex. Is that not normal then?

Rob01m
11-11-06, 04:51
Droners, only hitting 4-6 mobs compared to the monk hitting 20 also is a factor.

remember, droners can never go above 6 targets.

Also, something people don't seem to realise that I have noticed, monk aoe and droner aoe work differently.

Monk aoe ignores mobs and just hits everything in its aoe range.

Droners aoe actually don't ignore mobs. If you hit 20 genetoxic mobs from the front, you only hit about 4 of them. If you hit them from atop, like on their heads, you hit4-6 of them, mostly 5. Why? I believe the droner aoe actually stops when hitting a mob, and thus wont pass the mob like monk aoe does.

I rarely hit 6 targets with an RK drone. I only ever see 4 or 5 damage numbers come above their heards. But when a monk does aoe, damage pops up on all thier heads.

and yes, i know that rooms can get 'info full' with damage due to the mobs poisoning each other.

This is true, drone AOE is most similar to cannon AOE, position matters a lot.

If you shoot a cannon/drone AOE blast at a mob's exact damage location (the one spot on the mob where you see the main effect) you'll do the most damage to that mob. If you are so much as a little bit off, or if anything is blocking that path, even the mobs own body O_o , you'll do less damage. So for example, if the hitpoint is on the mutants genital area, you'll do more damage hitting the legs than head, front than back, etc etc. If anything like another mob or a box is between the damage and the hitpoint, you do much less damage. That's why most of the time, even with drones that have large damage radii, if you hit a cluster of mobs from one side, you probably won't hit the full 6 because those front line mobs are physically blocking the damage.

As for Monk AOE, the Barrels do a set damage to any mob in it's range, positional damage is irrelevant, it's either 100% or 0%.

unreal
11-11-06, 05:19
There's just a few words that sum up Monk AoE compared to Droning/Cannon/similair types of AoE. It takes the god damn piss. Monks should start having the same limits as everyone else in regards to levelling. Like everything else the game has to offer, Monks have it way too easy.

Dogface
11-11-06, 06:40
Made my first monk the other day just to see how easy-mode barelling was, couldn't even stomach getting my first three PSI levels. Monks suck ass.

jini
11-11-06, 08:26
Guys forget for once how many mobs you can hit. Its irrelevant. It's not quantity of mobs hit but a question of overall damage. Here is an example:
1. You hit 20 mobs with 50 dmg (the red value that pops) which gives 1000 overall damage (all sluggers)
2. You hit 4 mobs at 250 each and it gives the same damage, so exp is the same.
There is no benefit to a monk about doing less damage to more mobs, other than the effect itself. Monks gain more Exp, faster as Bugs showed us, because their weapons are twice more powerful.

I dont know, maybe Hoder can clarify this, or Snow...

Edit: what I can agree, however is that its easier for a monk to frame and level of those mobs than to everyone else, and this is indeed not right

jini
11-11-06, 08:34
Any tips for droning at reagants ? I've never dared going there...
take the easy drones first, like the FC series and go there. Take a couple of RKs too. its easy to try it. Test AI, you can easily defeat it. Make a very simple setup without expensive PAs that drop and wear a hvy poison belt. It helps

jini
11-11-06, 08:36
My spies int and dex have stayed exactly level since I made him.. Int is always about one level and a bit behind dex. Is that not normal then?
how did you managed that? did you lomed Int at some point? Were you always a droner?

Pantho
11-11-06, 13:39
how did you managed that? did you lomed Int at some point? Were you always a droner?

he is proberly below 50< dex and int

and you start with higher INT...

Forget My Name
11-11-06, 17:45
Guys forget for once how many mobs you can hit. Its irrelevant. It's not quantity of mobs hit but a question of overall damage. Here is an example:
1. You hit 20 mobs with 50 dmg (the red value that pops) which gives 1000 overall damage (all sluggers)
2. You hit 4 mobs at 250 each and it gives the same damage, so exp is the same.
There is no benefit to a monk about doing less damage to more mobs, other than the effect itself. Monks gain more Exp, faster as Bugs showed us, because their weapons are twice more powerful.

I dont know, maybe Hoder can clarify this, or Snow...

Edit: what I can agree, however is that its easier for a monk to frame and level of those mobs than to everyone else, and this is indeed not right

I dont see why people deny is the amount of mobs being hit.

Droner - RK rate of fire is average and does 50 - 250 damage to 3-5 mobs.
Monk - AOE rate of fire is fast and does constant 170 damage to 20 mobs.

Monks dont do 50 damage. Dont make them seem weaker to support your already weak arguement. Monks do alot of damage.

Also, droners dont do a flat damage. out of the 4 mobs hit, one is 250, one is 170, one is 110, one is 100 and one is 35.

So lets see..

monk - 170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170+170

Droner - 250+170+110+100+35

Also, the monk will tick the NEXT batch of 170's before the RK drone launches his next missle.

Tell me who you think gets the faster exp in a shorter time when you are honest about the numbers.

Glok
11-11-06, 17:58
Made my first monk the other day just to see how easy-mode barelling was, couldn't even stomach getting my first three PSI levels. Monks suck ass.They only suck ass until you figure out which apu modules require LoS and which don't. :p

jini
11-11-06, 18:00
All this data are of no use, if true game conditions are what they are, and these are once again:
1. Monk can reach at best 21 millions exp
2. spies/PEs can get half of this, meaning 10-12 mils and certainly not 1/10th or 1/20th of what you describe.

If you as a monk can cap to WoC in 1-2 hours inside Regants, then I'm gonna stop playing PEs :lol:

Dogface
11-11-06, 23:20

I've never used a drone on that character, hes used rifles since day one. Pantho, he's at 95 (very near 96) base dex and 94, near 95 int.. He's never taken a lom either.

jini
12-11-06, 08:07
Only droners level INT & DEX at the same levels Dogface. Rifles & Pistols (not that sure about pistols) level Int a lot slower. But with drones you level Int easily

pabz
12-11-06, 14:50
I must have woc!!!!

jini
12-11-06, 18:53
I must have woc!!!!
me and buj Leveled you more that half of what you did just from today, nib

pabz
13-11-06, 02:39
me and buj Leveled you more that half of what you did just from today, nib
I was out :angel:

Dogface
13-11-06, 05:11
Only droners level INT & DEX at the same levels Dogface. Rifles & Pistols (not that sure about pistols) level Int a lot slower. But with drones you level Int easily

Tell that to my F5 :p