PDA

View Full Version : [CbT]NC is stale (part two...)

MrTrip
08-11-06, 22:26
*sighs* If this isint allow nid go ahead and close it.

Continuing from the last good post, on page two....of six....of my last thread.

I agree with a lot of the things said, the players that are in the game now have a lot to do with more people coming to play...

The thing that kind of makes me sick is that the entire game is controlled by who has more real life friends playing vs who knows eachother solely by the game.

Take for example, a clan that is made up of 50 members, none of them know eachother outside the game. They setup a time in game to join up and take some ops, they have a good time and logout.

Clan 2, made up of 20 members, all knowing eachother on the outside, call eachother up/yell out on teamspeak/IM eachother franticly because Clan 1 just took all their ops.

Clan 2 logs in and takes back all the ops, Clan 1 only has 10 members on now, and can't get ahold of the other members....

Neocron is ruled by clans that communicate outside the game, and communicate well.

If 10 people got together in the same house, and decided to cap some characters and take the map, they really could...10 people could take over Neocron in a week if they made it their 9-5.....thats not right.

When NC first started there was always somebody willing to help a newbie out. I would have quit if it wasnt for some players helping me out with my newbie characters. When I started my monk I had no idea what I was doing, another monk came along and helped me out and got me going on bigger and better things.

We need more players like that, we need people to help eachother, help the new people out, instead of just calling them newbs and pking them, or leaving them to figure it out on their own.

Yes I know some of you learned on your own, and "thats how it should be" but come on, thats not how it ALWAYS is, Somebody had to teach you how to walk, and talk, and eat, and even wipe your own ass, newbies are just like kids, they need some help sometimes, a push in the right direction, a few extra bucks here and there, maybe an old item you don't use anymore. Playing like that will make the community seem more friendly towards newbies, or at least their own faction, and more people will start up and play knowing they won't be alone in a big scary unfamilure world.

Thats just my two cents....

Please keep the "Well *** is a newb because *** uses a ppu and *** is a retard because *** and he does *** and ****************" out of this thread....I don't want it closed too...

Dribble Joy
09-11-06, 00:13
Outside game communication is vital, you can't get around that unless you bring in ingame voice chat, which would shaft the servers, and even then when people are logged off you can't call them.
A clan that doesn't share msn addresses, have a TS server or personal contact methods will have a disadvantage, there's no getting rid of that, if a clan chooses not to use them then it only has themselves to blame.

As for n00bie helping, you still get a lot of it. Half my time ingame is spent on the help channel answering questions and directing n00bs to tradeskillers and other means of getting them aquainted. Despite what people say, there's still a lot of people that go 'out of their way' to help noobs; asking them to meet them so they can show them where something is, how to do something and to do something for them. It's not as bleak as a lot of people make out.

And I am an advocate of doing it yourself. I did, though truth be told I was trawling the sewers untill none of the mobs gave me rewards, with my claw untill I ventured into the pp sewers and met someone who told me how to get a player made weapon.
Some people can't/won't/get confused and that's why there are people on the help channel.

Nidhogg
09-11-06, 00:22
There are still people out there helping newbies. Also, it's always been the case that a small clan could ninja a bunch of ops, with or without the aid of TS. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

N

Apocalypsox
09-11-06, 03:46
if i have spare money i always throw some of it and some items at newbies. I Might not be very patient, but i can still throw a mill of cash and items at someone very easily.

unreal
09-11-06, 03:53
Throw some my way. :p From the looks of it unraels goguardian got semi-merged with Algebraists when I kept getting the bugged logins, and I got switched to FA in the process without even leaving TH. :( I was listing off some of the items that appeared in my goguardian, like a 3 slot Holy Para built by Fuzzy Wabbit along with a 3 slot Holy Rezz and Algebraist is like "hey those are my items!", heh.

npinchot
10-11-06, 01:00
very char i see who looks like they got no idea whats goin on i'm like hey how long you been playin nc. they say like a few days or a week or somethin i ask them how they heard about the game etc. i always give em 50k & tell em how to get on the help chan & say welcome to nc have fun.

as for the clan/op thing dude its kinda that way for every online game... but dude if u wanna give ur clan mates a way to get ahold of u if ur not online like ur aol messager for ur cell phone or somethin then there's nobody stoppin u... i'm not sayin ur wrong but really it all comes down to how devoted u wanna be. plus dude... its just a game. its for fun. ownin 14 ops aint gonna get u laid & it aint gonna get u a pay raise lol.

solling
10-11-06, 10:59
out of game communication like TS or vent makes then game alot more fun to play in my opinion ;) as for a way to reach each other... well i got some of the FF doods on icq and msn cuz they are friends i think thats pretty normal.

Zheo
10-11-06, 12:34
There are still people out there helping newbies. Also, it's always been the case that a small clan could ninja a bunch of ops, with or without the aid of TS. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

N

Saying that, there was a clan of 4 people that kept ninja'ering ops. Personal I see ops as a waste of time, why? Because people would rather just ninja the op back than fight!, it's easier and quicker. If you don't like op fights, well then you have to work with your enemy to have some "Fun" draw up some rules etc, however saddly most of your enemies will be 12-16 year olds or people with a mental age of that, who sware, zerg, ninja, etc etc when they lose. Simply fact that online games attract them. Also I do help noobies I like helping noobies.

clockmaker
10-11-06, 18:09
Teamspeak or vent are also fun because it allows you to chat with people sitting on the other side of the globe. Quite fun imo.
I find it amazing for example when 2 chars are walking in the outlands, speaking to each other, while one of the player is in Brussels and the other in New York.

That's a cool possibility, you shouldn't hesitate to it use imo. And it doesn't give an unfair advantage as anybody can freely download this kind of software.

Speaking of clans, they also have a tradition of helping nOObs to level and discover the game. They have ressources, a common chat channel, forums... They encourage cooperation. Joining a clan can be a great way to learn.

MrTrip
10-11-06, 22:41
Heh, crap, I just replied to nidds post in the other thread....close this thread, its just going to become a flame hole...

Trivaldi
11-11-06, 01:18
Heh, crap, I just replied to nidds post in the other thread....close this thread, its just going to become a flame hole...
As you wish, thread closed.

Triv