PDA

View Full Version : Eh, why?

unreal
07-11-06, 23:43
Why do people continue to use neocron.jafc.de to point to the Official Neocron Forum? It's just plain annoying when people paste links containing that address. It's points to the same address as forum.neocron.com but the official address, forum.neocron.com, clearly looks nicer and shows more purpose. o_O

rob444
07-11-06, 23:46
I use jafc.de for some reason. Not sure why heh.

Tratos
07-11-06, 23:48
Some use it out of habit, some use it out of preference and some use it to get past those pesky filters that turn up in work places and educational establishments ;)

CMaster
07-11-06, 23:48
Indeed. Its strange, and I'm always forced to relogin for neocron.jafc.de links.
We could actually please everybody for internal links it turns out - there are some nifty tags.
This takes you to the music thread
This I think takes you to some post
And this serves no apparent purpouse whatsoever

Hmm, code tags don't work very well here.
Also, the post tag seems rather fruitless. I can't workout where you get post ID's from.

Glok
08-11-06, 00:38
You know CMaster, I checked the destinations for the various links and I still don't know what TCPA is much less why it has a tag. I will refrain from dissing your sig in the future cause I always thought it was DRM that had horns. :o

Mighty Max
08-11-06, 01:04
It's not likely that ppl change these favorites.

You might be better served with a plugin that redirects you to the correct url when needed. If you are running firefox, try https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2409/ a single click (at the addressbar) switches from one to the other host.

BaDDaSS
08-11-06, 01:50
Reason I use jafc.de is because I'm lazy.

I type 'n' in my address bar and http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=2 pops up.

Whereas if I want to visit the other way, i'd have to type 'forums.n'. Lol

I suppose I could just bookmark the forums, but I rarely use bookmarks.

Glok
08-11-06, 01:58
I suppose I could just bookmark the forums, but I rarely use bookmarks.Waht. :(

Bookmarks are the mana of the gods. You bookmark everything that interests you and check it everyday. If something no longer cuts it, you delete it. Maybe to define my use of bookmarks, I have about 30.

BaDDaSS
08-11-06, 02:13
Okay I lie.

I bookmark everrrrything.
But I use del.icio.us, not "Favourites".

Glok
08-11-06, 02:15
Delicious is good. No wait delicious is better than good. Fuck wait what is delicious?

BaDDaSS
08-11-06, 02:25
Lmao http://del.icio.us ;)
Social bookmarking, try it out.

Dribble Joy
08-11-06, 02:33
My homepage is forum.neocron.com, so all my links come from there. Haven't used jafc since it changed years ago.

blackpheonix
08-11-06, 03:30
Hmm, code tags don't work very well here.
Also, the post tag seems rather fruitless. I can't workout where you get post ID's from.

if i get what you mean which i prob dont but the post number is above the qoute image (ie #4) if u click it , it will open a seperate window and copy the address from there for later linkage :)

Edit: i didnt even new that jafc existed till about a month back when someone linked it i hate haven too log in twice :(

BaDDaSS
08-11-06, 03:33
I don't ever log in.

Logged in once on each domain, cookies do the rest.

Riddle
08-11-06, 15:48
work filters ;)