PDA

View Full Version : thinking about coming back

kimarya
07-11-06, 08:39
is game still active? also I'm gonna buy a new copy from ebay, which version should I buy? I was thinking it should be neocron 2 dome of york

Rakanishu
08-11-06, 08:48
You gotta buy neocron 2- Beyond Dome of York .. as the original game neocron will not work if you try to load it. Someone correct me if i'm wrong

The game is active, yep. Everytime i log on, the english server is active, people on chat channel chatting it up, people in plaza asking for pokes etc...

The game seems busy again

kimarya
08-11-06, 09:26
hey thanks for info, I purchased DoY on ebay so as soon as I recieve it I'll be on, whats a good server? Its been a good long while but i believe i was on pluto and I played a PE in next, probably do the same this time

Dribble Joy
08-11-06, 10:23
Terra is the main english server. Game's got people around, but if you're from the states it gets a little vacant around your peak times. But of course, more states people = less vacantery for states people.

Assimilator
08-11-06, 11:04
more states people = less vacantery for states people.

EXACTLY why I re-subbed. Server pops are not going to grow on their own.

Don't be part of the problem. Be part of the solution.

RESUB NOW AND JOIN AN ACTIVE CLAN (so you can have fun with PEOPLE). It's not called MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER for nothing :p

kimarya
09-11-06, 02:56
cool thx for all the info, it kinda blows cause DoY was never released in the states, most of the people I know have never heard of neocron, alot of games here do a good job repopulating by re-releasing they're game about once a year, or giving it away free with new expansion etc, well anyway i'm waiting for it to come in the mail

Blacksword
16-11-06, 23:17
ya i remember waiting for nc 1 release. eb was the only store that even know about the game, all the other ones had no clue. i enjoyed playing that, and some of nc2, about a year or so ago i think. i quit both times from lack of people. the second time i was having fun finishing epics, untill i had a couple where i could not find anyone in the faction i needed to kill, and had to buy them, after searching for about a week, it took a couple of more days just to find someone that had an alt hidden somewhere. there was the gr bugs, stuff not being open(zoo, that legacy thing at the end of the swamps, some others im not remembering now, chars with a big ear, spawning into someone elses body, or apartment. no op wars, messed up hacknet. i assume most of that has been fixed.

im always suprised that kk doesnt push the game here. i would think the action is a good speed for most of us americans, when people are on the servers anyway. i have yet to see a game with better ingame forums and email.

i may come back this summer, work and art school pretty much takes all my waking hours, and alot of my sleeping ones too. ill have to start over though, as i deleted my characters, and resolved not to come back. but there is always a pull.

it would be nice if people that used to play could actually see the other forums and see if anything has changed for the better, even if you cant post. all i get off of the ones i can see is, ya theres more people, come back.

Dribble Joy
16-11-06, 23:30
it would be nice if people that used to play could actually see the other forums and see if anything has changed for the better, even if you cant post. all i get off of the ones i can see is, ya theres more people, come back.
I believe you can ask for 'retired' status which allows you to do that.

Apocalypsox
16-11-06, 23:53
all i get off of the ones i can see is, ya theres more people, come back.

If thats all ya get it must be the trush eh?