PDA

View Full Version : No hair!

BaDDaSS
07-11-06, 02:01
I just reactivated my old account (from post-beta nc2), and I've been wondering why all my charactors look so damn weird.

I was just looking over my old screenshots and I realised - none of my characters have hair anymore :S

I used to sport that pineaple style hair:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/3546/shot0045bv1.th.png (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0045bv1.png)http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4927/shot0052xj6.th.png (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0052xj6.png)

Have any hairstyles been removed, or is my old account just corrupt?

Glok
07-11-06, 02:05
Don't you have shadows on your login screen too? That was part of the same bug afaik. Anyways, just put in an ingame help ticket and a GM will come fix you (hopefully, it's been a while since that little DB screwup)

Hoder
07-11-06, 02:08
Have any hairstyles been removed, or is my old account just corrupt?
No, and no.

Every Terra character made before December 2004 will find themselves a little 'cold up top', but don't worry; it's easily fixable.

As Glok said, make a ticket ingame and either myself or another qualified hairstylist will fix you up :)

Pineapples a speciality :p

BaDDaSS
07-11-06, 02:31
Don't you have shadows on your login screen too?
Yeah my login screen is messed up, but I don't care about that.

I only see one of my 4 alts faces, and they are labeled the wrong sex in the little profile lol. Oh well.

Nmake a ticket ingame and either myself or another qualified hairstylist will fix you up :)

Oh dear :P

nobby
08-11-06, 03:13
ask for the Afro !

Totally Über!

BaDDaSS
08-11-06, 03:21
ask for the Afro !

Totally Über!

Hoder fixed me up with dreadlocks.

removed newbie remark about sean ;P

blackpheonix
08-11-06, 03:25
hes still a newb after 3 years :p <3

Apocalypsox
08-11-06, 05:25
Yeah my login screen is messed up, but I don't care about that.

I only see one of my 4 alts faces, and they are labeled the wrong sex in the little profile lol. Oh well.

Oh dear :P

Hardy har har, i transferred my male rifle spy over from NC1 when i started into NC2. Apparently transferring gives you a sex change. Hes now a bald female psi monk. (Although i didnt get the attribute bug like other people did) Cant see his piccy either. I Also sport my bald head proudly.

Pantho
08-11-06, 05:39
Warbot titan X?

Is not female, nor a psi monks -

unless u have 2 NC1 rifle spies -

Anyways Hoder dam you!!!1

Change my hair -

Pantho Teh PPU has the gayest hairstlye in the game, and he wont change it :(

Apocalypsox
08-11-06, 07:20
It says so on the character info before i log in though pantho =P no pic. Im a female psi monk and im bald......yeah....someone is talkin to the Dragons a bit too much...

Hes still really a rifle spy and all that happy stuff.

SorkZmok
08-11-06, 08:31
What also sucks is that when transferring NC1 characters, you can't choose facial hair.

So my mars spy is now missing his Tom Selleck memorial mustache. :(

jini
08-11-06, 08:47
As Glok said, make a ticket ingame and either myself or another qualified hairstylist will fix you up :)

Hoder has mysteriously found a special formula for the bald.
It is said that it has been found somewhere in those Ceres WoC disks, but he don't tell us. :(

Heavyporker
08-11-06, 08:49
That reminds me... is there a way to fix the login screen? I'm tired of no potraits, misassigned gender and professions.

jini
08-11-06, 08:51
That reminds me... is there a way to fix the login screen? I'm tired of no potraits, misassigned gender and professions.
that indeed is very tiring... cmon Hoder, search those disks again please

Brammers
08-11-06, 11:58

The Gender and professions are fixable - as if you view your character profile via the citycom ingame, it comes up with the correct information gender and profession. So the information isn't lost.

unreal
08-11-06, 12:51
If only we were able to change the profession by hand though. It stays as what it was when you originally created your character, which means generally it's completely inaccurate. Take Spies for example; the experienced player will generally start off as a Droner, level up, then LOM to Pistols or Rifles, yet the character will still be shown as a Droner.

I have to say I miss seeing an accurate preview of my character on the character selection screen as well.

jini
08-11-06, 13:15
yea, they could link profession to specific skills, infiltrator for pistols (p-c) sniper for rifles (r-c) hybrid spy for both and so on...
get the right faction from faction and so on, but really are all these so important? After all its your creation you know about it already. I guess the simplest would be to just erase everything but the name and spawning point

Hoder
09-11-06, 00:43
Anyways Hoder dam you!!!1

Change my hair -

Pantho Teh PPU has the gayest hairstlye in the game, and he wont change it :(You chose it :p GMs will only add hair to those who are bald due to the bug in December 2004. If we start providing hair salons at players' requests, we'll be inundated with everyone's 'bad hair days' so we have to draw the line somewhere. If you have hair, then i'm sorry but you'll have to live with it.

Hoder has mysteriously found a special formula for the bald.
It is said that it has been found somewhere in those Ceres WoC disks, but he don't tell us. :(Indeed :) And now the secret is contained within my magical flashlight ;)

That reminds me... is there a way to fix the login screen? I'm tired of no potraits, misassigned gender and professions.can always reroll....

*runs* :p

solid-rock
09-11-06, 11:03
You chose it :p GMs will only add hair to those who are bald due to the bug in December 2004. If we start providing hair salons at players' requests, we'll be inundated with everyone's 'bad hair days' so we have to draw the line somewhere. If you have hair, then i'm sorry but you'll have to live with it.

You could always shave it off. No hair no problem eh? Would be kinda nice to change hair at the Rockwear though.

BaDDaSS
09-11-06, 14:33
You could always shave it off. No hair no problem eh? Would be kinda nice to change hair at the Rockwear though.

Come on don't push your luck. You know we're lucky enough to finally be able to change clothes at Rockawear ;) :lol:

Pantho
09-11-06, 14:48
heh, my PE was bold -

But a kind Gm (Not hoder ofc) , Changed it for me -

Was at a metting as well, with the whole of Skullcult/fetish/Phoenix lol -

Any my hairstyle just kept changing... was funny :) -

, That happend at a Skullcult only meeting as well, on Lotek Neutron , i remember that metting because, the leader + 2 co-leaders was all on Xbow Spies :/.. All with the same hair (by the end of it :p) -

ps, Lotek neutron was a oct 2004 victim

Glok
09-11-06, 17:33
My spy is still bald (as you can see in my sig) because I like him that way. Sarah definitely needed her hair though and Dusk... well that's not even hair.. :o

Brammers
09-11-06, 18:45
Lol - have a few hairstyle stories to tell when they went fixing the broken hair.

Little tip, don't go AFK when you put your ticket it, unless you like "freestyle" hairstyles. ;)

I put my ticket in, than I got a long phone call, came back and found Carbonite had given me green hair. My poor NEXT character was totally devastated! :lol:

Still she got her hair restyled by another GM, while in the Dragon Drugs in the FA sector. :eek:

CMaster
09-11-06, 18:47
Lol - have a few hairstyle stories to tell when they went fixing the broken hair.

Little tip, don't go AFK when you put your ticket it, unless you like "freestyle" hairstyles. ;)

I put my ticket in, than I got a long phone call, came back and found Carbonite had given me green hair. My poor NEXT character was totally devastated! :lol:

Still she got her hair restyled by another GM, while in the Dragon Drugs in the FA sector. :eek:

Carbonite - hair terrorist.