PDA

View Full Version : Vsynch

tarasm
06-11-06, 08:53
How do i turn off vsynch

BaDDaSS
06-11-06, 16:09
Right click your Desktop, hit Properties.
Go to 'Settings' > 'Advanced'.

Click your gfx card (GeForce / ATI).

There will be a "Performance and Quality Settings" or something silimar.
Vsync is in here.

tarasm
06-11-06, 17:27
still cant get it

CMaster
06-11-06, 17:30
Why do you want to?
You realise disabling it can (although not always) screw up Neocron, specifically syncing quite a lot?

unreal
06-11-06, 21:42
Then there's also the rubber band effect after zoning. Unless you have a very low performance card it's always best to leave vsync on when playing Neocron.

tarasm
06-11-06, 22:45
will u tell me who to do it?

Rob01m
07-11-06, 03:12
Then there's also the rubber band effect after zoning. Unless you have a very low performance card it's always best to leave vsync on when playing Neocron.

I get that even with Vsync on. :lol:

SizZLeR
07-11-06, 10:33
Yeah only difference i get from using vSync or not is the FPS syncing to the monitors refresh rate, i guess thats how it actually shd be, i mean not providing negative sidefx when disabling vSync. ;)

I dunno what gfx card u r using, for nVidia u go to the graphic card settings and from the menu u choose the setings for performance (dunno exactly what it says there in english), in the list there is an option called "vSync" simply set it to "disabled". :)

BaDDaSS
07-11-06, 17:30
Ah, never knew that caused the bug.

will u tell me who to do it?
Dude ffs give us a little information... what graphics card are you using? what version of windows? what car do you drive. Shit, anything.

tarasm
07-11-06, 18:41
My gfx card is ATI.Version is windows xp.I drive a nissan 350z.

Drakoh
07-11-06, 21:42
My gfx card is ATI.Version is windows xp.I drive a nissan 350z.

and fail miserably when trying to be funny

Mighty Max
07-11-06, 22:25
I dont want to be mean, but if you dont know where to find it, and prolly not even what vsynch does. You shouldnt change it.

It is not impossible that you get problems afterwards, and given the fact that it gives you troubles to edit .bmp files i highly recomment stepping back from changing any system settings

PS: to be at least a bit helpful (the rpos problem): take the files from the archive given in the rpos-thread, extract them (you need an archiver like WinRAR here) and the rightclick the file and hit "edit file". Don't attempt to edit the pak_???.bmp you allready got in the neocron folders, this will fail.